Fake Alert: Sennheiser IE7
Apr 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #17 of 122
Someone just buy one and then come back with a review :p

Apr 13, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #19 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by bestnaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those damn chineses have done it again...

A trend is a trend is a trend.... If the majority of these fake dealers are asian, it is what is, for good or bad. Same thing goes with Craigslist scammers. Whenever I sell something on there, every time I am contacted by someone offering to pay me 20% more than what I am asking for, usually with terrible broken english, always Africans.

I play along and pretend that I am going to mail the item. 100% of the time they always want me to ship the item to Kenya, Nigeria, or places like that. Every time.

So if a trend develops where a lot of the fake IEM's are coming from asian sellers, and it seems it already has unfortunately, it's only natural for people to be skeptical.

Apr 13, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #20 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A trend is a trend is a trend.... If the majority of these fake dealers are asian, it is what is, for good or bad. Same thing goes with Craigslist scammers. Whenever I sell something on there, every time I am contacted by someone offering to pay me 20% more than what I am asking for, usually with terrible broken english, always Africans.

I play along and pretend that I am going to mail the item. 100% of the time they always want me to ship the item to Kenya, Nigeria, or places like that. Every time.

So if a trend develops where a lot of the fake IEM's are coming from asian sellers, and it seems it already has unfortunately, it's only natural for people to be skeptical.

You are doing the same thing as me. I used to play along with Craigslist scammers, every time it ended up with a paypal bill which requested me to ship before I get paid........
atsmile.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #21 of 122
Yeah, I say naive things like "Oh wow, thank you for your generous offer! I will surely mail these right to the address first thing in the morning!" Sometimes I'll even throw in a made up tracking number for kicks n' giggles.
wink.gif

May 4, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #23 of 122
I got a pair of fake ES7's of this seller (i expected them to be, but tried my luck) fortunately paypal favored my claim and i got my money back!
The phones also came from china despite the items location on ebay showing canada.

May 5, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #25 of 122
they retail for $299 and someone thinks they got a good deal at the winning bid of $62??? Why do these people do it? The thing is, there are plenty of headphones not being copied, why play Roulette with your money?

May 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #28 of 122
I assume that with Fake IE8 and IE7's on the market, by association there must be fake IE6's either already on the market, or in the pipeline.

May 30, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #30 of 122
Just a heads up for people looking on eBay for a good deal on IE7s.

There's a seller selling multiple IE7s, "brand new, sealed, 100% genuine". He's got them listed with Make an Offer, and it's pretty cheap.

Do not bid on these!

I made an offer and mentioned I hope they're legit, would be a shame to have to file a dispute with Paypal, etc... he assured me they're real. But then emailed me again saying he checked the box (I thought it was sealed?!) and said it was missing the case and cleaning tool..

Highly suspect.. I got a quick refund thankfully, however I have a feeling some unsuspecting buyers might get taken with this guy. He may or may not know he's got fakes, but if they really were legit they'd have everything in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back