Fake Alert: Sennheiser IE7
May 30, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #31 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by fungus amongus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone translate all the details that's written on the ie8's. Can't really read chinese
biggrin.gif

Not sure about IE8 because I haven't found it.
But the IE7 says....

"Authentic products coming straight from the OEM, 100% quality assurance!"...
"These products are OEM products and 100% authentic, please do not suspect the authenticity!"

And for the ones without package, they were sold for 80RMB a pair ($11?)

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #34 of 122
Hm. So the packaging and included accessories is what seems to make the difference? Seems like the case since the first days of the fake CX300 and whatnot. I'm betting most of the fake Senns come in those "OEM" plastic bags.

I wonder if the fake IE8's bass tuners work considering the thesis that they're outed by factories no longer endorsed by Senn. Would be interesting to try them out once the market is more saturated with them.
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #42 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In a semi-related note, anyone every buy anything from "bestmusic"? They have an awfully good price...lower than anywhere else, based on a preliminary google search...

Sennheiser IE7 Earphone

You can tell they're most likely fake/illicit by the relative pricing of the other products on their website.

So I'm assuming the only way to ensure that the units you get are real when buying from anyone except an authorized reseller is to call up Sennheiser and provide the serial or e-mail them the serial and images?

Where are the serial numbers located on the IE7/IE8?

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #45 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by ten7ryder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but how do they sound?

Should be receiving tomorrow so I will post how it sounds... Although I have not listened to the real ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back