FA7, the first Quad drivers IEM from FiiO , all Knowles BAs and 3D printed technical , MMCX design
Oct 20, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #679 of 680
Thanks again. I would get the "C" spec cable, but I've had two sets of FH7's and both had faulty cables, in that one side was loose and used to fall out on occasion. Using a "B" spec cable, both times, all was well, proving it wasn't the headshells.

Now I'm looking for a right hand headshell for my FH7's, as the pin has broken off! It's the last FiiO IEM I'll ever buy.

May 4, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #680 of 680
Those of you who think the FH5's DD has "better" bass than the FA7's CI-22955 BA haven't applied some mid-bass-correcting EQ to the FA7 and listened to music with some real content at the bottom of the audible spectrum.

I was given a jolt today by the bass drum in the mock abduction scene in Stravinsky's Le sacre du printemps (The Rite of Spring), as recorded by Salonen/LAPO on DG. I tried the same track on the FH5, and it wasn't near as coherent, and didn't reach as low as the FA7. I found one of the other tracks from that recording on YouTube; not the fidelity you'd get on Apple Music or SACD, but you'll get the point. Listen for the bass drum from about 2:18 on.

Tried out the now-bargain TWS set AKG N400NC (as recommended by @crinacle, single 8.2 mm DD driver, stock EQ), with this track. Holds up well against the FA7/5K on the bass drum, and thus better than the aforementioned FH5/ES100, in that regard. Impressive at the <$100 cost.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back