FA-003...where to buy?
Mar 4, 2011 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DemonicLemming

500+ Head-Fier
These seem to be out of stock everywhere online, no hits on ebay, and all of the classifieds on here are old and expired.  I may have missed the thread, but are these discontinued, temporarily out of stock, or just normally impossible to find?

I just picked up a LD MKIII, some extra tubes, and a Zero DAC, and while I have a set of open-back cans with a decent reputation (K702s) and a set of closed-back that don't seem to get much attention any more (HFI-780s), I want a more neutral set of closed-back headphones and the FA-003s seem to fit that (and my budget) pretty well.

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 8
The three main places to get them I think are:
treoo
gd audiobase
bugden audio

and then some other foreign sellers listed in fischer audio's site.  The recent surge in their popularity has made them sell out in most places from what I understand.  When the next batch comes around you can grab a pair.

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #3 of 8
Yeah, I had checked all three of those and Treoo has them in-stock, but they're significantly more expensive + international shipping.

I tripped over the FA-011 thread, so I may just wind up ordering a pair of those as open-back work headphones until the 003s come back in stock.  Just wasn't sure if that line had been stopped or what was up.

Mar 21, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #4 of 8
The FA-011 is a closed phone

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #5 of 8
Mar 21, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #6 of 8
You describe it as closed in your review as does gd-audiobase on their web site ???
That is the only reason why I have just ordered it as I have no use for an open headphone no matter how good it sounds and how cheap it is.

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #8 of 8
Yep. Order has been cancelled and a refund has been issued. Now to see if they also amend their web site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back