Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Jan 19, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #2,087 of 2,317
Hello everyone, I was actually 100% sure about buying the IE 600. But after reading the entire 149 pages, I have doubts. For the following reason: I have the Sony AM 2. Two users wrote that the Sony AM 2 does not have a good synergy with the IE 600. An AM 2 owner wrote that it was fantastic with the AM 2. However, he only heard metal!!! I actually listen to everything except metal. Could someone who also has the combination tell me how it fits together? Thanks in advance !!!

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #2,089 of 2,317
Is a coloured dongle like the ru-6 better for the ie600 or a more neutral one like the moondrop dawn pro?
I would say a more neutral one as the IE600 has a fairly U shaped sound.
And is the ie600 the best smaller sized iem?
Many people seem to think so, it's the best I've heard and very comfortable.

Jan 21, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #2,091 of 2,317
Just got my ie600 in a few days ago. Have been curious about this set since it came out. Will be comparing directly to the Final A8000 the next few weeks.
1000007114.jpg

Jan 22, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #2,092 of 2,317
Oh well, I just sent mine back for RMA. The left earpiece dropped out for me a week or so ago, cable and eartip changes didn't fix it. Oddly it started working again the next day but now I have channel imbalance with the left significantly louder than the right. Seems odd, but it is what it is.

Mine were from the first preorder batch, direct from Sennheiser.

@Sennheiser

I haven't heard anything about my RMA. Should I have gotten an email or something by now?

@Sennheiser @ericpalonen

Any info on the time line and communication process for warranty RMAs?

If anyone is interested I did get RMA replacement IE 600s in the mail today. They appear to be totally new in a sealed box. No complaints on that obviously.

Note that I never received any communication at all, which could have been better IMO.

I mailed them back on Jan 4, so turnaround was quite reasonable.

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #2,093 of 2,317
I just tried the Penon Liqueur tips with a short spacer at the base of the nozzle on the IE600 as mentioned in some past posts. The liqueur have a small flange that locks in behind the flange on the nozzle of the IE600 so they stay put on the nozzle very well even when spaced well out to the end of the nozzle.

The XL size has a larger diameter than most L and that combined with the sticky texture makes for an excellent seal that stays put nicely despite the somewhat shallow insertion depth that I get with the IE600.

With the good seal they sound as good at the Divinus Velvet that were my previous favourites.

Your milage may vary since on some other IEM the Liqueur don't work well being difficult to fit due to the sticky texture, must be a combination of ear anatomy, insertion depth and angle I guess.

https://penonaudio.com/Penon-Liqueur-Silicone-Eartips.html

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #2,094 of 2,317
I just tried the Penon Liqueur tips with a short spacer at the base of the nozzle on the IE600 as mentioned in some past posts. The liqueur have a small flange that locks in behind the flange on the nozzle of the IE600 so they stay put on the nozzle very well even when spaced well out to the end of the nozzle.

The XL size has a larger diameter than most L and that combined with the sticky texture makes for an excellent seal that stays put nicely despite the somewhat shallow insertion depth that I get with the IE600.

With the good seal they sound as good at the Divinus Velvet that were my previous favourites.

Your milage may vary since on some other IEM the Liqueur don't work well being difficult to fit due to the sticky texture, must be a combination of ear anatomy, insertion depth and angle I guess.

https://penonaudio.com/Penon-Liqueur-Silicone-Eartips.html
Is their largest bigger than the divinus largest?

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #2,095 of 2,317
Is their largest bigger than the divinus largest?

Yes, much.

The XL Liqueur is 15.5mm while the Velvet L (the biggest they do) is 14.2mm.

That makes a big difference and the sticky texture it helps even more to keep them in place.

Second best part is they are cheap as chips at $9.90 for three set of whatever combination of size you want, delivered !

Jan 25, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #2,096 of 2,317
Yes, much.

The XL Liqueur is 15.5mm while the Velvet L (the biggest they do) is 14.2mm.

That makes a big difference and the sticky texture it helps even more to keep them in place.

Second best part is they are cheap as chips at $9.90 for three set of whatever combination of size you want, delivered !
K. I'll go with these first. Seal for days

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #2,097 of 2,317
1000013448.jpg

Gu craftsman cable with ie600. Chose it for the complimentary colours of the mmcx connectors and the mottled cable colour which also compliments the shells and reminds me of snake skin.

I wish these connectors were on the tripowin mirage instead on the chrome caps. Oh well, one cable in 3.5 and one 4.4 will have things covered.

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #2,100 of 2,317
Hi everyone ie600 and ru6 will probbably be my next portable stack. A bit worried about the stock eartips though. Did see a lot of people having luck with spinfit/spiraldot++. Any other recommendations?
Divinis velvets work really well for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back