EX1000 or IE8, can't decide.
Mar 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #17 of 68

Quote:
Thanks to everyone who replied. I ended at buying the EX1000 from trading forum an hour ago. I am dying to receive it now
tongue_smile.gif

Gratz! I hope they meet your expectations.

Not that it matters now, but no, the FX700 doesn't sound like the TF10. It's bottom end is weightier and more textured, it's mids clearer and more detailed, and it's treble more refined. It has has timber the likes of which the TF10 can only dream of.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #18 of 68
I don't own the EX1000 but own his little brother EX600. The EX600 is decent for that price but has grainy and unnatural (artificial) treble at high notes. I have trouble getting used to that every time I switch from IE80 to EX600. Good thing it broken a couple days ago and Sony is sending me a new pair. So I will likely sell it as new.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #22 of 68

Quote:
Looks its time to sell my IE8 and try out the Sonys. How many years warranty do Sonys give on their IEM's? I know the Senns are 2yrs.

Unless you are in Europe or Japan you get only a 3 month warranty. A big no, not for such an expensive item. Be sure to baby them, Sony doesn't have your back on warranty that's for sure.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #24 of 68

Quote:
Sony doesn't seem to have a very good warranty time. Anyway, if you like your IE8s, it may not be such a good idea to sell them for the EX-1000s. 

Well generally most don't have a problem with the Sony's and actually like them more. But if he can hear really well up-top then the Sony's could very well be a problem for him...

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #25 of 68

Quote:
Well generally most don't have a problem with the Sony's and actually like them more. But if he can hear really well up-top then the Sony's could very well be a problem for him...

Well, a basshead will be more satisfied with the IE8 over the EX-1000, so I was asking him to consider that too. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #26 of 68
True, true. I guess I kinda consider myself a partial bass head. I love bass but it must be well controlled. The EX1000 has amazing bass but lacks quantity. The IE8 has way too much mid bass, the IE80 fixes that and has more sub bass.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #27 of 68

Quote:
True, true. I guess I kinda consider myself a partial bass head. I love bass but it must be well controlled. The EX1000 has amazing bass but lacks quantity. The IE8 has way too much mid bass, the IE80 fixes that and has more sub bass.

Yeah, though I don't know why but I'm kinda sensitive to bass, I prefer the clean ones. I got to agree the EX-1000's bass is quite good though. However the highs are improved on the EX-1000 and IE80 compared to the IE8s 

Mar 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #28 of 68

Quote:
Yeah, though I don't know why but I'm kinda sensitive to bass, I prefer the clean ones. I got to agree the EX-1000's bass is quite good though. However the highs are improved on the EX-1000 and IE80 compared to the IE8s 

Listening to my Custom TF10s right now I find it to have too much bass compared to my silver cabled IE80s. The IE80s bass reaches deeper, is more controlled and clean. The TF10 bass is a bit farty. But I'm finding the TF10s really good for isolation and when playing games (First Person Shooters).

Mar 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #29 of 68

Quote:
Listening to my Custom TF10s right now I find it to have too much bass compared to my silver cabled IE80s. The IE80s bass reaches deeper, is more controlled and clean. The TF10 bass is a bit farty. But I'm finding the TF10s really good for isolation and when playing games (First Person Shooters).

(LOL) "farty" is a weird way to describe them xD. Well, to be honest, the IE8/80's bass isn't meant to be bloated in anyway, but deep and controlled. It will satisfy bassheads, but many people seem to describe their bass rather inaccurately sometimes. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #30 of 68

Quote:
Unless you are in Europe or Japan you get only a 3 month warranty. A big no, not for such an expensive item. Be sure to baby them, Sony doesn't have your back on warranty that's for sure.

The 3 month warranty is ridiculous and even unfair to buyers. I almost fell victim of that with the cable broken a couple days ago for the EX600. It was close to the end of the 3 month period.
Now I am gonna sell the new pair once I receive the replacement from S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back