EX1000 or IE8, can't decide.
Mar 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #31 of 68

Quote:

The 3 month warranty is ridiculous and even unfair to buyers. I almost fell victim of that with the cable broken a couple days ago for the EX600. It was close to the end of the 3 month period.
Now I am gonna sell the new pair once I receive the replacement from S.

Those cables look strong but they seem to break easily, the ex1000 too

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #33 of 68
If only I could get the EX1000 sound in the IE8 shell.  The fit of the Sony's kills it for me though....too annoying.

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #36 of 68

Quote:
Did you consider the FX700?

Yeah, I've been considering...just haven't pulled the trigger.  Was holding off b/c I've been tempted to try a custom as well.  Not totally decided yet.

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #40 of 68

Quote:
That's a good way of spreading disinformation. Keep it up.

I'm about to receive the ex1000 from a former headfier, i was wondering whats your personal experience with the ex1000 and the xba-1 since all the impressions I've read that the xba-1 are actually more better in sound compared to the xba-4 due to the sound being more neutral.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #41 of 68
The XBA-1 shares a similar balance of bass/mids/treble, though I'd say the mids are a wee bit more forward. The soundstage of the XBA-1 is more typical than the EX1000's "out-of-head" presentation but it's still quite good. It's a bit more forgiving but doesn't have the incredible timbre of the EX1000. Though the timbre is still pretty good.

Quote:

I'm about to receive the ex1000 from a former headfier, i was wondering whats your personal experience with the ex1000 and the xba-1 since all the impressions I've read that the xba-1 are actually more better in sound compared to the xba-4 due to the sound being more neutral.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #43 of 68
Seems like a great way of assessing build quality to me. Going by damage to demo sets, that is. Same reason I didn't by a Nintendo 3DS -- one of the buttons on the demo system was sticking so I just assumed they were all like that.

*thumbs up*

Quote:
It happened 2 times on two different demo sets, so yeah. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #44 of 68

Quote:
The XBA-1 shares a similar balance of bass/mids/treble, though I'd say the mids are a wee bit more forward. The soundstage of the XBA-1 is more typical than the EX1000's "out-of-head" presentation but it's still quite good. It's a bit more forgiving but doesn't have the incredible timbre of the EX1000. Though the timbre is still pretty good.

Hmm so would the XBA-1 are in the same level as the EX600? I'm asking because i would love to have my EX1000  for my listening at my soundboard/setup/ possibly casual walking while having another IEM that have a similar sound but of course not in same quality as the EX1000 for my running/sports/out with friends.

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #45 of 68
Thanks for the info Lee, Jeremy,

Indeed the warranty of the Sony's would be a potential sticking point. Although I read that the Sony's are pretty bulletproof but then again its always good to have that assurance that if problems occur, it wont be money down the toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back