Etys........INCREDIBLE!!!
Nov 18, 2001 at 8:44 PM Post #61 of 155
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood

Well, you could order them from Headroom, one of the sponsors of this site. They offer a 30 day free trial period.......you'ld only be out the shipping if you returned them. If you do order them, I don't think they would be going back anytime soon, IMHO.
biggrin.gif

Aw crap!
Looks like i'll have to order them
wink.gif

Nov 18, 2001 at 9:22 PM Post #62 of 155
Quote:

Joe, since the Ety music is inside your head, I would guess that it caused more fatigue than your other headphones. I am curious how fatiguing do you found your Ety 4S is?

Surprisingly, so far, there is no fatigue factor at all with the Etys in my ears. I've had them on for two hours straight......after about 10-15 minutes, I forget they're even there. To be honest, I've never really experienced significant fatigue with any of my headphones. With the Etys, I'm still in the re-discovery of my CD collection mode, so any fatigue that may creep up is balanced by the WOW factor.....which is still very significant!
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2001 at 11:24 PM Post #64 of 155
I personally rarely take my Ety's out of the house. They really are an outstanding phone and, when you think about it, you probably wouldn't want to take your Stax electrostatics or even Sennheiser 600's around in 'Walkman' mode.

Just because these headphones can be driven from a portable and are small enough to be thought of as a portable phone, they really are in the calibre of 'state of the art' and should be treated as such.

I personally don't even like the sound of them when being used whilst walking and stuff - they cut too much sound out to be considered safe and tend to amplify the sound your body makes. In 'Walkman' mode I tend to use my trust Sony 888's which are also an excellent headphone.

I hope you find this useful.

Nov 18, 2001 at 11:30 PM Post #65 of 155
Flood5,

There's a place you can hear the Etymotics in WA ...not *too* far from Seattle.

I bought mine at Sage Arts : http://www.sagearts.com/

The address on the website is (I think) in Arlington, WA, but the one in charge of the Etymotic's ships out of his house in Marysville (closer to Seattle, just past Everett). There's an e-mail link and phone number on the website , so you could arrange an audition.

When I bought mine (new/sealed) they also had a returned pair. Someone bought them and returned them with almost zero use. You might stumble on a pair like this ...and perhaps get them at a better price (or use them to demo ?) .

Sage Arts are a recording studio. I think they use any Ety's that get returned in the studio (attractive because of their isolation as well as sound) ...

Anyway, I thought they were extremely nice people to deal with and would highly recommend them.

Martin.

Nov 18, 2001 at 11:51 PM Post #66 of 155
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
Headroom doesn't carry Sony products cause if they want to carry the V6 and the CD3000, they'll have to also carry all the other **** Sony managed to produce and Headroom didn't feel like doing that.

Thats fine, but thats no excuse to bad mouth the CD3000 (which they do.) Thats the point of my post: that they talk crap about the CD3000 on their site for reasons having nothing to do with that headphone. This relates to the Etymotic -or not- depending on if someone is trusting every word HeadRoom says. Heres what they say about the CD3000 in the catagory of High End headphones: "Finally, a few other headphones are also mentioned in this category at times--such as the Sony CD3000--but we don’t feel that they really make the grade." Thats ********.

Nov 19, 2001 at 12:36 AM Post #68 of 155
ILoveGrado: "since the Ety music is inside your head, I would guess that it caused more fatigue than your other headphones. I am curious how fatiguing do you found your Ety 4S is?"

My etys are by far the least fatiguing headphone I own.

flood5: "how good are they for running/working out? could they replace my koss 35's (the clip on ones)?"

The 4p is great for commuting (if in a relatively safe place, like a bus, subway, or sidewalk--not going to be run over), but they convey far too much cable noise for running or working out. You'd hear the cable more than the music. So, they are unlikely to be good replacements in that regard for your ks35. On the other hand, the new etymotic that's coming out soon is supposed to have less isolation and a cord that wraps around the back of your neck. They might suffer significantly less from these problems and be more useful for running. We'll have to see...

Nov 19, 2001 at 12:39 AM Post #69 of 155
Quote:

On the other hand, the new etymotic that's coming out soon is supposed to have less isolation and a cord that wraps around the back of your neck. They might suffer significantly less from these problems and be more useful for running. We'll have to see...

When are these going to be released?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2001 at 12:42 AM Post #70 of 155
Over here Gluegun: http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?...&subTopicID=18

Note that they are saying the same to the k501 too...

But, remember, this is their opinion. M Rael, you cannot say that someone's opinion is incorrect... And to counter your argument...:

"For a more liquid sound, you may want to consider the Cary Audio 300 SEI integrated amp (which we don’t sell but highly recommend)"

Also, they DO carry the k501s...

So there! I proved you wrong, Nyah!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2001 at 1:25 AM Post #71 of 155
Quote:

Originally posted by chych
Over here Gluegun: http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?...&subTopicID=18
So there! I proved you wrong, Nyah!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Thats pretty funny. But opinions CAN be wrong. Who made the rule that opinions cant be wrong?????? Whoever did is *also* wrong (IMO.)

Nov 19, 2001 at 1:30 AM Post #72 of 155
What? Opinions can be wrong? How the hell can opinions be wrong? Thats like saying... my favorite music is green (as in the color)...

Nov 19, 2001 at 1:44 AM Post #73 of 155
Quote:

Originally posted by chych
What? Opinions can be wrong? How the hell can opinions be wrong?

People once had the 'opinion' that the world was flat. Some people have the opinion that Israel is behind the WTC disasters. Some people have the opinion that the.. well you get the idea. Opinions can be wrong my friend. Of that there is no doubt. Saying 'its all relative' is just human weakness and frailty.

Nov 19, 2001 at 1:50 AM Post #74 of 155
Ehhhh I don't think those are opinions... An opinion is more like... I think the Orpeheus sounds better than the Omega II... how could you contradict that?

What you have are more like beliefs or misinformed thoughts, not really opinions.

Nov 19, 2001 at 2:00 AM Post #75 of 155
Quote:

Originally posted by M Rael
People once had the 'opinion' that the world was flat.

That's not an opinion, that's a conclusion drawn from the information available at that time in history
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back