Etymotic mc-series (moving-coil based IEMs)
Jan 12, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #32 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great that these are turning out to be quite promising. At first glance I thought these would just be a newer Ety-branded version of the EP710, which was also a moving-coil design with a similar appearance.

You never know, it could be the same technology, tweaked somewhat. After all, iLounge didn't care all that much for the Westone 2, but that phone is getting pretty decent reviews, albeit limited to a few reviews so far.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #33 of 58
Nice spot kjk1281. I was thinking maybe it would be a reshelled RE0, but I'm pretty sure Etymotic does all their own design.

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #36 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony6555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd definitely like to see how this compares to the REO

Me too, if they're similar I might pick up a pair for plane flights (assuming they have ety quality isolation).

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #37 of 58
I just read a review where ilounge says the mc5 is just as detailed as the hf5 but with more bass, and it gave it an award for outstanding new product at the trade show convention in Vegas. So, now I'm really looking forward to it. It suppose to drop next month and only $79 for the phones without the mic. If that's the case, it will be one of the best bang for the buck earphones out there...

EricP

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #38 of 58
as long as they keep it in the ety sound i will be happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #41 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did the say a release date?

I presume these dynamics will need hundreds of hours of burn-in
frown.gif

Release date is Feb. I can't speculate on burn in

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #42 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two things would make for a better Ety, for me: a set of bigger tri-flanges, and a less microphonic cable.

Maybe a little more bass?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back