Etymotic mc-series (moving-coil based IEMs)
Jan 15, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #46 of 58
I gotta say I just LOVE the ety sound signature. I love(d) - they don't get much fun nowadays - my er6i, and I was blown away with the er4p's I had for a while. However, there's a serious BUT that just made me let the etys go (and not get them again when I was in the market for a new pair) which is the shell of the IEMs.

I think Etimotic should really re-think the whole shell and make it smaller. I don't even ask the over the ear thing. I'd just like it to be smaller and not stick out so much. It makes the cable stay way far way from the rest of the face and increases microphonics in an unbearable way.

If it wasn't for that (not so) small problem, I'm sure the ER4P/S would still be my favorite IEMs.

Jan 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #47 of 58
(Shameless bump!!)

I love my HF5s, and can't wait for these.

Sorry to sound stupid, but it the moving coil a dynamic then?

Feb 1, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #49 of 58
One question about the Etymotic mc3/mc5 IEMs--do they use they same ear tips as the hf2/hf5? If they do, I can use my spare Comply Tx-100 eartips for these new IEMs.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #50 of 58
They should be, they look a lot like the HF5 to me. In some of the pictures from CES they have ety tri-flanges, so I'd say yes.

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #52 of 58
I just got off the phone with Etymotic. It won't be Feb. They said it will be "sometime this spring" and to watch the website. I pressed but no other info so we are probably still a couple months away.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #53 of 58
I'm waiting for the new mc3 headset myself--hopefully they'll be out by late March!
smile_phones.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #54 of 58
Yep, waiting on the MC3s here too. Bought Meelec Ai-M9Ps to tide me over. MC3s won't be out until a few weeks after the MC5s, last I heard. Not entirely sure what the delay is, since they had them on demo at CES. Possibly just difficulties in scaling up production.

Did anyone that attended CES receive indication that these were unfinished/WIPs?

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #56 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got off the phone with Etymotic. It won't be Feb. They said it will be "sometime this spring" and to watch the website. I pressed but no other info so we are probably still a couple months away.

Its seems that waiting is a fundamental requirement of our hobby!

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #58 of 58
Review is in the product section, for more information, look for the Mc5 thread. Yes the headphones are out, and yes they sound like Etymotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back