ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Jun 21, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #466 of 1,007
Might as well throw my ER6i into the mix here. Quite the list on the first post though lol. Plans to get the ER4P sometime in the future though. =D

Jun 24, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #468 of 1,007
report member #237 description change: now I own ER4P, all black with braided cable (the boring looking one) & ER4P24 cable.

Also I just heard about your accident EFN, good to know you're OK.

Jun 24, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #469 of 1,007
I may have answered ages ago. Don't remember.

Had a pair of ER-4S but sold them when I got the UE10-Pro. Now use ER-20 for filtration but no other Ety products.

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #470 of 1,007
smily_headphones1.gif

just got the er-4p today.. awesome the first upgrade i can really say wow too

Jun 27, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #471 of 1,007
Snatched the $69 ER6i-BLK-B from Erwinco after discerning intermittent jack issues with my sanitary-napkin-themed original er6i. After three years of constant abuse, I'm surprised they've survived so well. After all, a pair of top-o'-th'-line Sony earbuds would have disintegrated after eight months.

I could easily return them to Etymotic Research for repair, but I question the need at that price point. (The worst possibility: They become a set of perfect isolating earplugs -- a drastic solution, given the ease with which they could be fixed. If the sound were a tad more refined, I might ask one of our resident cable gods to throw shapes.)

Odd, to note slight improvements in the cable and tips. I'd thought nothing had changed but the color: a pleasant turn.

Jun 29, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #473 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a drastic solution, given the ease with which they could be fixed. If the sound were a tad more refined, I might ask one of our resident cable gods to throw shapes.)

If you just need to reterminate the plug, that's pretty easy to do.

An extremist could even retain the existing plug and just shorten the cable a few inches. The hood over the handle-part of the plug can be gently pulled away from the hot glue that protects the solder joints and holds on the hood, and after that it's just mind-numbing tedious work that requires a steady hand.

I recabled my er-6i with an ibud cable. Works just as well as the stock cable.

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #475 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you just need to reterminate the plug, that's pretty easy to do.

That would be true if you weren't speaking to someone with the cabling skills of an epileptic giraffe. But thanks for offering a strategy that would work for anyone with a modicum of shop experience.

Quote:

I recabled my er-6i with an ibud cable. Works just as well as the stock cable.

At last, a use for iBuds. If ever you feel the need to truncate another pair, think of mine and my intermittent albino ER6i. I'd love to be able to give my old Etymotics to a talented friend who survives on very little money.

To the OP: This means I now own a black pair of ER6i. If that matters, then feel free to revise the list accordingly.

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #476 of 1,007
The only "headphone" I currently own are the Etymotic ER-4Ps. Sold my other 7 pairs. What a trip. They are just so special to me.

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #477 of 1,007
The Burn Pt. 2 has ER-4S's

See here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back