ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Jan 13, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #61 of 1,237
Did a little stalking and I see you've post in a not her thread about how balanced results in a lower noise over long lengths of cables. I see you've done some research but you're confusing large scale speaker setups with headphone setups. Generally the balanced cables for large revenues such as concerts will use balanced cables to minimize noise that comes with long runs of speaker cables.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #62 of 1,237
Sorry for derailing the thread everyone. I love the blue light in the amp but can you turn it off?

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #63 of 1,237
Did a little stalking and I see you've post in a not her thread about how balanced results in a lower noise over long lengths of cables. I see you've done some research but you're confusing large scale speaker setups with headphone setups. Generally the balanced cables for large revenues such as concerts will use balanced cables to minimize noise that comes with long runs of speaker cables.

No, not confused, and I have also worked in the industry. In my other post, I was referring to long microphone cables, not speaker cables. That's one situation where a balanced configuration is truly justified.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #64 of 1,237
It seems like every thread has to descend in to a swampy patch of pointless yes/no arguing about what is and isn`t hearable vis a vis cables, balanced or single ended, high res files, dsd, IEM tips, etc.  I am still relatively new to this forum and I`m already utterly sick of the same old faith-based, easily-outraged, assumption-leaping condescending nonsense.  

If you hear it, enjoy it.  If you don`t, that`s fine too.  Don`t proselytize. I doubt any person A is going to change the mind of person B, regarding what person B hears, so what is the point ?  

Finally, if someone is being swayed by placebo, IT IS NO DIFFERENT from a double-blind test confirmed result.  It`s psychic enjoyment.  We`re not curing cancer here.  

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #66 of 1,237
It seems like every thread has to descend in to a swampy patch of pointless yes/no arguing about what is and isn`t hearable vis a vis cables, balanced or single ended, high res files, dsd, IEM tips, etc.  I am still relatively new to this forum and I`m already utterly sick of the same old faith-based, easily-outraged, assumption-leaping condescending nonsense.  

If you hear it, enjoy it.  If you don`t, that`s fine too.  Don`t proselytize. I doubt any person A is going to change the mind of person B, regarding what person B hears, so what is the point ?  

Finally, if someone is being swayed by placebo, IT IS NO DIFFERENT from a double-blind test confirmed result.  It`s psychic enjoyment.  We`re not curing cancer here.  

Bingo!

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #67 of 1,237

This post should be at the top of every sub-forum on this website.  Well said.  And thanks. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #68 of 1,237
I. Should have let it go too. Guess there's always a first for trying to teach someone something in the wrong thread. Now just need self control. Didn't want new people coming in and reading his post thinking he knew what he was talking about and getting the wrong idea.

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #69 of 1,237

It IS a bit overcrowded. What about separate "speculation" and "hands-on discussion" threads (that have only contributions from people who have heard a particular headphone and are comparing notes). I would find that much more readable and productive? What about trying it that way?

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #70 of 1,237
If these really prove to be HD800s killer i will probably sell mine and buy them!!! Hope for some impressions soon!

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #71 of 1,237
  If these really prove to be HD800s killer i will probably sell mine and buy them!!! Hope for some impressions soon!

Something about the comments from those who have heard it just strikes me as if they're realizing they've just heard something different and special, you know? 

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #72 of 1,237

Something about the comments from those who have heard it just strikes me as if they're realizing they've just heard something different and special, you know? 

If they are able to provide a comparable soundstage to hd800s but with a smooth tone I'm sold. And it seems someone said they have enormous soundstage and are very transparent

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #73 of 1,237
I'm super interested to hear some more detailed impressions. Unfortunately, I tend to be an early adopter, so if they do any pre-orders and early impressions are shared amongst more people, I'm likely in.

Has anyone read what type of sound signature they have?

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #74 of 1,237

And it seems someone said they have enormous soundstage and are very transparent

...which is usually an expression for no bass and no midrange?

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #75 of 1,237
I. Should have let it go too. Guess there's always a first for trying to teach someone something in the wrong thread. Now just need self control. Didn't want new people coming in and reading his post thinking he knew what he was talking about and getting the wrong idea.

You call that letting go? I wasn't going to post again but that was offensive... Just accept that you're wrong and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back