ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Jan 13, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #76 of 1,237
So it is a dynamic driver with an electret tweeter from what I gather from info posted in this thread.

Wonder how it will compare to the AKG K340. Also they are not the first to do this ( well maybe first off the line technically ), HIGH END version yes, but there is another company currently in production with a large dynamic and small electret driver over a few of their model range ( posted in an earlier trade show thread )
Due to the smaller electret size that will be why the crossover point is at ~8000, I think that's what someone in here said anyhow.
Must be a super sensitive and/or extremely thin tweeter. Maybe they worked a small transformer coil into the driver frame or something. You can make flat coils nowadays by sandwiching pcb traces together, also more efficient.

Sure looks like a classy item. Thanks very much for posting this up.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #77 of 1,237
  It seems like every thread has to descend in to a swampy patch of pointless yes/no arguing about what is and isn`t hearable vis a vis cables, balanced or single ended, high res files, dsd, IEM tips, etc.  I am still relatively new to this forum and I`m already utterly sick of the same old faith-based, easily-outraged, assumption-leaping condescending nonsense.  

If you hear it, enjoy it.  If you don`t, that`s fine too.  Don`t proselytize. I doubt any person A is going to change the mind of person B, regarding what person B hears, so what is the point ?  

Finally, if someone is being swayed by placebo, IT IS NO DIFFERENT from a double-blind test confirmed result.  It`s psychic enjoyment.  We`re not curing cancer here.  

Beautifully put! I shall reference your post for a long time :D

It appears that newer folks joining see the truth :)

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #78 of 1,237
These can not come out fast enough! To whom do I throw my cash at?!
Quote:

Another benefit is that almost all of the tweeter's output and sonic signature will be above 10kHz, well above the 2-5kHz range where our ears are the most sensitive, so the xo point should be nearly undetectable.

Agreed-ed... would also like to add these don't require an amp mostly due to what I assume how small the tweeters will be. To produce 8+ kHz only a very small tweeter is needed. This small tweeter would obviously have a small surface area. Thus only a regular amp is needed as it can build up enough surface charge density on this small surface area tweeter.

This design also make sense as regular dynamic driver is actually very good at producing bass (think all sub woofers) to high mids-low treble. Problem comes in when you ask this same driver to do high freq. This is when distortion of the driver happens. Thus at the end of the day most companies try to do a balancing act of producing a dynamic driver that has little high frequency driver break up (distortion) and yet still produce good lows to high mids. Some like Sennheiser remove the center dome completely as it is case with HD800 so the highs are less distorted.

This is a crazy product! (if they did it right) Definitely can cause a paradigm shift and a ripple in the market.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #79 of 1,237
There is no need to build up any charge on them , the charge is permanently embedded into its fundamental material structure during the membrane material manuacturing process. Permanently polarized/charged. A properly made electret membrane's charge will outlast all of us and then some theoretically.
bigsmile_face.gif

If anything the slight signal charge will be going to  any sort of caps or transformer windings that are used to boost it and drive the tweeter.

Sure be neat to see the actual driver  construction and setup to see what they did in this regard, as well as the crossover .

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #80 of 1,237
I see thanks, missed that part of the spec. Then there only needs to be a charge build up on the driver. Even less power required.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #81 of 1,237
 Depends on their setup as to how they constructed that but ,yeah,  juicy signal to run the driver and make it throw both ways by being attracted and repelled to a mesh in front and or rears using its' permanent charge  basically
  Gets confusing but thats sorta how it works.

Tell ya what, get one and then let us know how it is! I nominate you !
beerchug.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #82 of 1,237
Haha ya nominate me to be the $1200 guinea pig! Odds are their distribution network is small, there will be no where to try them out in person. Anyone purchasing them would be doing it blind.

That said *** if ENIGMAcoustics IS READING THIS you guys should offer demo pairs sent to the buyer at $100 cost to the buyer. If customer end up liking your headphone use that $100 towards their purchase. If not it covers any shipping / damages the demo pair accumulates over the demo cycle.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #83 of 1,237
I really am hoping these guys are reading this thread, and offer a Demo unit to go around, first to the most qualified ears for reviewing, then to the most qualified members here. The more reviews and impressions we get, the better their position will be (or worse).

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #84 of 1,237
that looks so much like the SA3000 What

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #85 of 1,237
I believe that they are watching this thread.  When I contacted them on FB, they pointed me here as I said there was no information about these.  They said they will be at Can-Jam for those of you lucky enough to be in Cali or already going.  They also mentioned that they'll be having scheduled demo sessions and reviews from "heavyweights" with full tech specs, show reviews, etc.  My guess would be a review from Tyll but no idea.  If they don't post here, they've been very responsive via FB.

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #87 of 1,237
It's got to be one of the best looking headphones I have yet seen, besides one particular old Sansui :) and one or two others, fantastic stuff.
User servicable removeable pads i hope, but either way all pads are replaceable really.

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #88 of 1,237
Wouldn't be at all surprised head-fi sells statistical data to companies or companies collect data from here.

As for looks they look like Razer Kraken ear cups with X1 & 2 headband. One of the better looking headphones amount flood of headphones that been released this year so far.

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #90 of 1,237
Originally Posted by nw130d /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These can not come out fast enough! To whom do I throw my cash at?!

Me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back