Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 28, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #40,186 of 40,577
Hey there Samurai! Which Plussound cable did you enjoy so much? Thanks!
Sorry i forgot to ask the name of that particular cable, i will update again when i go back to zepp for more listens

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #40,187 of 40,577
Like i said if it was just the canpur 622B with its own stockcable on it, felt more like a side step to the ravens. Ravens were more natural while the 622B was more incisive. The plussound cable was the thing that really put the 622B as a pairing over stock raven. I didnt try the plussound cable on the raven so it could be an unfair judgement; didnt do it because the staff didnt try that pairing either, did it for canpur because he did and was blown away by the pairing.

Also, the ravens definitely had more thump, meatiness and weight to the bass for obvious reasons, but the canpur with the plussound had a nicer balance of midbass thump and weight and subbass texture and would put it somewhere between odin bass and raven bass if that makes sense.

All these are of course very subjective and while i like the presentation of the canpur’s bass it might not be your cup of tea, so i can understand your skepticism.

Anyways, while i dont always agree with BGGAR, he was also very confused and surprised how good the Canpur’s BA bass was and has also put it above the Ravens, Fatfreq GM and Subtonic Storm.
But I don't doubt that you actually felt that way, true that it might not be my cup of tea, what makes me think about these comparisons in general is the time with the necessary running-in and the tests in general that could influence enormously on what we listen to and make us completely change our minds.. For example, you haven't already tried the plus cable on both, how many hours has the burning been done on both, how many tips suitable for you have you tried with subsequent rolling of the tips, which daps have you used, one could be suitable for the IEM and the other no, what is your musical inclination at this moment, towards details for example, towards the bass, the timbre, the weight of the notes etc.. and consequently do you adapt sooner and better towards the iem which has characteristics that suit they fit better with our habits.. so it may be that an iem A compared to B is certainly a few minutes higher or much higher at that moment but in reality the comparison could be completely reversed.. for example, beyond the bass you also talked about images and air, what I noticed with the Raven and that after about 15/20 days over 300 hours they opened up further and look like headphones, I've never heard anything so enormous, from there my skepticism about what was said above also comes from... and in reality it is independent of how much we listen differently... because there are similar things, perceived differently but objectively... the stage for example will be from another planet on a Hiby Rs8 that on a Sansa Clip ..randomly placed.. This does not mean that in some areas iem A is actually better than B or vice versa after the necessary tests and proportions over time..

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #40,188 of 40,577
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #40,189 of 40,577
My week-long experience of selecting tips for the Odyssey is over...
I went through two dozen different ones, including several SpinFit, SpiralDots, Symbio W, AZLA Xelastec and many more complete ones. And you know what’s interesting - even within the same model, the tips are of different sizes. Where S reveals BCD, M doesn't sound so great.

Well, as a result: for ME and MY ears, BCD was revealed best by AZLA Xelastec (apparently due to the wide sound duct).
And, there is only one conclusion here - you just need to select everything personally, going through your music on your tracks and your ears).

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #40,190 of 40,577
so it has two BCD from Sonion instead of one EE BCD. Would be nice to get a comparison to Raven
I’d like that too. Not sure I could be that much happier than I am with my Ravens but I’m game to see what they dreamt up. They look tough.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #40,191 of 40,577
Looks like Monday the Raven will come home to nest or at least roost! Excited to hear it. Has there been a tip consensus, I generally use the Final E that are included but curious what others are using.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #40,192 of 40,577
Looks like Monday the Raven will come home to nest or at least roost! Excited to hear it. Has there been a tip consensus, I generally use the Final E that are included but curious what others are using.
I really liked Azla crystals, spiraldot++, FAudio vocal tips and Clariom Tri tips

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #40,193 of 40,577
I'm testing SD++ as well, two sizes down the usual as it seems to help comfort somehow

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #40,194 of 40,577
Congrats! The final e’s have never jived with me personally with EE iems, including raven, for whatever reason. They sound more boomy and congested with the narrow bore to my ears. The three tips that have worked best for me with Raven are the Dunu S&S tips (which are unlike any others I’ve tried shape-wise but seem to work really well with Ravens for me for whatever reason), Divinus velvets, and spinfit w1s. Azla sednas and clarion tri tips also worked well for me with their wide bores.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #40,196 of 40,577
Funny it was mentioned. I do like the Final E's at the moment with Raven but I just hopped down a size and I get a bit more disappearing comfort with the same seal.

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #40,198 of 40,577
I really liked Azla crystals, spiraldot++, FAudio vocal tips and Clariom Tri tips
ah man! I used to have FAudio instrumentals on the Legend X forever (shame they're white haha)! The crystals a half size down just are perfect for me. I used to think the Xelastec were it, but they're just a little too sticky.

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #40,199 of 40,577
Mar 3, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #40,200 of 40,577
I had a listen to the ravens at zepplin and co back in singapore and i noticed that the bass was much closer to what i heard at canjam and the previous demo that zepp had, so much more enjoyable that the one at e earphone. Not sure if it is the tips or......

I also had a listen to the canpur 622B, which was impressive in its own right, it was like a very good compliment to the raven since they brought slightly different presentation to the table. However, when i swapped out the stock cable for a plussound cable they had on the recommendation of one of the staff, i think i found nirvana.... staging and air was so good it almost sounded like a headphone. It was fun, dynamic yet very natural sounding, it almost felt like a properly powered susvara in iem form. It totally blew the raven away with that pairing
Hey there Samurai! Which Plussound cable did you enjoy so much? Thanks!
Sorry i forgot to ask the name of that particular cable, i will update again when i go back to zepp for more listens
Its the plussound exo series hybrid+ cable

Thank you guys for the love here, appreciate the @PLUSSOUND shoutout!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back