Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 2, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #39,106 of 40,577
Pfffftt. I’m sitting here in EE pajamas with EE boxer briefs under them. EE ankle socks and an EE elbow brace for my tendinitis. EE bourbon in an EE glass. Topped it all off with a EE cable to my custom EE LX.
Sounds like you are the Hugh Hefner of EE. Your description was so vivid that I'm actually picturing it. Ugh

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #39,109 of 40,577
They should make an empire ears CL version

No one would buy it 🤣. I’d say hey guys this is really good, I tuned it to remove all the complaints from current EE IEM’s. I’d get some scathing response that pointed out on the graph that it is underperforming at 611hz and that it doesn’t look like a safe buy. I swear Jack is a better man than I cause I do not know how he deals with some of this nonsense lol.

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #39,111 of 40,577
The difference is zoidbb I think he does know.
I don't see it as an issue, but in a day and age where anybody can claim something without proof it doesn't do much for me.

If CL knows something and he's authorized to share it, no issues but out that in the open. If he's not, then he shouldn't even comment about it and let Empire do that instead.

it doesn't come across well without that sanction imo.

I haven't hit Ignore on so many posters here since the Sound Science/Pono dustup.
Or we could all be grown ups and just use our willpower and stop feeling the need to defend our views and villify the other side.

Kinda feels like the Rebels and the Stormtroopers both suddenly forgot how to aim and shoot atm

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #39,112 of 40,577
I don't see it as an issue, but in a day and age where anybody can claim something without proof it doesn't do much for me.

If CL knows something and he's authorized to share it, no issues but out that in the open. If he's not, then he shouldn't even comment about it and let Empire do that instead.

it doesn't come across well without that sanction imo.
Very simply put, no comment.

Oct 2, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #39,113 of 40,577
:)

Attachments

• no comment.jpeg
    no comment.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 2, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #39,114 of 40,577
I'm not vilifying anyone. And I'm not an EE fanboy. However, I'm very old and I've had lots of experiences and I can tell the trees from the forest.

And I'm of an age where someone using Star Wars allusions just makes me feel old. Maybe Hatfields and McCoys?

Oct 2, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #39,115 of 40,577
Just remember CL has the law on his side. 😂

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #39,117 of 40,577
If you bought a BMW M3 and wanted to swap the turbo and tune for additional satisfaction, you effectively void that warranty... unless the shop involved offers their own. Any damage incurred after that is on you, no matter the cost. I think as audiophile consumers we should appreciate the fact that we can alter a product and still be covered under a warranty period. This goes for all IEM and headphone manufacturers, not just EE so stop salivating for you low-ball insult posts. (not you @Frankie D just anyone in general)

I was quiet through all your posts, but give it up dude. Making a comparison to the engine or exhaust or something mechanical is a stretch. Just give it up! Changing the cable is like changing your tires.

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #39,118 of 40,577
I'm deeply aware of the current concerns surrounding the RAVEN's integrity, and I'm stepping in to directly address and remedy this situation. If you're experiencing any issues, it's paramount that you contact your dealer, ensuring that both myself (Jack@EmpireEars.com) and Leasah from customer support (Support@Empireears.com) are looped in. This way, we can expedite a resolution for you.

I'd like to shed light on some technical aspects for those who received the initial batch last week. Specifically, I want to guide you on the correct way to handle cable swapping for our IEMs. The 2-pin sockets we use are injection molded, designed to endure a pull pressure between 8-10lbs, accounting for some manufacturing variances. This design is intended for professional artists who require a snug cable fit. Fresh out of the box, the sockets measure approximately .75-.77. However, with the insertion of the standard .78 pins, they adapt to the designated specification. This can make the cable removal somewhat demanding, especially for brand new IEMs.

Given this close fit, paired with a 3D printed resin shell, exerting excessive force can potentially compromise the shell's integrity. We've curated a concise video to showcase the proper technique for cable removal, specifically tailored for the RAVEN. While this approach is RAVEN-centric, it's universally applicable across all our IEM models. The crux lies in avoiding angular force; ensure your hands are steady and gently wiggle the cable to detach it.

It's equally crucial to highlight the polymer acoustic layer located beneath the metal faceplate, adjacent to the 2-pin socket. This core, kept in place by adhesive and the resin shell, is delicate. When attaching cables, exercise caution and apply just the right amount of pressure to prevent any internal displacement.

Addressing another aspect that has come to the forefront: the shell thickness of our products, whether UIEM or CIEM, has maintained consistent wall tolerances over the past 9 years. This design decision, rooted deeply in our commitment to unparalleled acoustics, has been a constant since our inception. Our choice of material is the medical-grade DREVE resin, which we import from Germany. Its quality and durability, when treated with care, have been proven time and again, with countless musicians on global tours vouching for its reliability. However, it's essential to understand that while resilient, they are not invincible. They aren't designed to withstand extreme forces or accidental drops; undue stress can lead to breakages. We've delved into experimenting with thicker tolerances during various R&D phases over the years. But our unwavering commitment to sound fidelity has always guided us to a balanced midpoint, a design that marries sound precision with structure, albeit necessitating more meticulous handling.

I hope this clarifies our stance and the decisions behind our product design. We always prioritize offering you an unmatched audio experience without compromising on product integrity.

I genuinely regret the delay in communicating this tutorial and information to you all. To further alleviate concerns, we're adapting our manufacturing approach. Starting this week, we'll manually widen each socket in subsequent batches, making cable removal more straightforward. However, I'd still urge adherence to the demonstrated technique for optimal results.

Your feedback and satisfaction are paramount to us. For any further queries or concerns, please reach out directly. We're here for you, committed to ensuring a seamless experience with our products.

I'm slightly OCD so this is how I insert and remove cables anyways, but need to wait a bit or trade up before I can try on the RAVEN haha.

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #39,120 of 40,577
I'd agree with that assessment. I didn't have an Odyssey unit on hand when I reviewed Raven, but we got one in the shop shortly after, and I ran a bit of a A/B/C on Raven, Odyssey, and Odin.

The really short version is, Odyssey added some more bass, and reduced some of Odin's upper mids and treble, but also lost some of Odin's imaging in the process and ended up sounding less natural. Raven doesn't have quite as much bass as Odyssey (honestly not as much less as I expected from my memory), it fixes the timbre, brings back some of the lost treble, and has a bigger more three-dimensional space and better imaging than either Odin or Odyssey.

looks like Odyssey has many issues , Odin and Raven will probably make it obsolete

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back