Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 26, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #38,806 of 40,566
Throw shade at who you want, or a product, it is an individuals prerogative to love a product or company(Apple vs. Android) It is also someone's choice if they want to make a purchase.
Uhm, so for example if I don't like a 4k iem break from seemingly normal handling, then it's just not for me but other people may like it?

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #38,807 of 40,566
The fix would be making the product more rigged. Not: hey your the problem

Not everyone can be a Steve Jobs. “Your holding the phone wrong”

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #38,808 of 40,566
Every once in a while these threads blow up. Usually it's a sound science rush on other threads, but I've seen a dogpile on the rabbit before on EE as well (back in the time of the Phantom).

Seems that EE is handling the situation. It has excellent product service. It depends on customer satisfaction. Jack has been on here addressing the situation. No one who bought directly from EE is out of anything.

People here are posting who haven't even gotten a Raven yet, freaking out. People here are posting who were never going to get a Raven and freaking out. People are posting here and attacking each other.

Take a deep breath. It's not alway helpful to post all of your thoughts when you are wound up. Go listen to some music and bring the heat down. Turn off the computer, stop reading threads for a few days, and then come back and check in.

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #38,809 of 40,566
It sounds so scary that I am hoping for a complimentary reshelling of the whole launch edition.
Yeah, whatever you do, man do not I repeat, do not remove that cable under any circumstance

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #38,810 of 40,566
Yeah, whatever you do, man do not I repeat, do not remove that cable under any circumstance
Weird. I haven’t had any issues. I did it a few times to release the tolerances a bit cause one side was pretty damn tight. Smooth sailing so far. Not sure why I even did it since I intend to just use the stock cable as is. Maybe I should’ve left it alone. 🙃

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #38,811 of 40,566
It is disappointing to read of the two mentioned failures with Raven.
I can absolutely identify with peoples concerns around the question of longterm structural integrity and perception in the marketplace when it comes time to move them on.

Time will tell if this is a product design or manufacturing defect, or simply down to user error, at the moment the sample size is too small given these have recently arrived with the first batch consumers.
If there are more failures as users begin the task of cable rolling, then I think it's an issue that EE will need to address.
I've read EE customer service is 2nd to none, here's hoping no further people need to avail of the service.
If so, that would be very damaging for the Brand generally.

Sep 26, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #38,812 of 40,566
Unbelievable...

After all that fuzz regarding Raven I was quite happy that EVO seemed more durable but guess what I just discovered after close examination...
I always babyed my EVOs as it is soooo much money for me.

I did not drop them once and this is the outcome of always carefully using them.

I am owning EVO for 4 months and need to send them back for the second time now.
On the first unit one driver was dead on arrival and now this.

I'm glad that @TomKorn handled the last RMA process like a champ and I did not have to pay anything.

Really curious how this one will turn out.... Hoping for the best.

Can the constant vibration of bone conduction cause the shell to crack?
The cracks are really subtle and seem to start from the inside and it's pretty hard to detect them (with all the reflection going on) when you are not looking closely.
It's really weird seeing this happen and I am still in shock about this discovery 🤯

😢

edit:

I made a few pictures with my macro lens and reached out to Tom and Empire Ears and got immediate response which is relieving!
Apparantly it is not the shell that is cracked but it looks like a problem with the lacquer which can happen on rare occassions and therefore the faceplate is coming off.
I got assured that this is an easy fix and will be done within one day.
Guess I am just not that lucky but as long as it is handled as professional as now there are no hard feelings from my side
Thank you @TomKorn and @Jack Vang for taking care of me that quick, really appreciate it!
Always here for our friends and customers! Also, it's not the faceplate coming off but the laquer. New unit on your way soon.

Sep 26, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #38,814 of 40,566
Thinking of giving raven another shot what you guys think ? Can’t forget the sound..

Sep 26, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #38,816 of 40,566
The Raven really sounds spectacular, I listen to mine for hours nowLet’s trust EE to sort your Raven’s issues out permanently.
Dude, it was so good it’s haunting! 😬 that bass with the bone conduction paired with the wild sound stage is next level … I’m so upset about that thin built quality 😩 but I might give it another shot

Sep 26, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #38,817 of 40,566
Haven't tried to remove the cable, sound is pretty insane on first few hours. I get much more of a over-ear experience, pretty wild. Haven't really played with cable rolling, but there's nothing to indicate any issues at the moment.

FYI- I have the LX, both universal and custom, EVO, Odin and Raven. My only issue has been with a launch EVO having a covered vent in which Jack was able to fix with about a 2 day turnaround. It happens. These are boutique items. It would be one thing if EE didn't address issues, but they do. Anyways, will report back once I do some cable rolling.

Sep 26, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #38,819 of 40,566
Thinking of giving raven another shot what you guys think ? Can’t forget the sound..
Unless EE provides some kind of extended warranty for the shells or releases a new batch with stronger shells, I wouldn't.
It's just my personal opinion. Exchanging and waiting for a replacement is not a pleasant experience if it happens in the first week of getting the product. You'll also be conscious all the time about it breaking again.

Sep 26, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #38,820 of 40,566
People here are posting who haven't even gotten a Raven yet, freaking out. People here are posting who were never going to get a Raven and freaking out. People are posting here and attacking each other
The perception of the brand should not be exclusive to people owning the device.
I purchased the LegendX, twice. The Odin, The Evo and now the Raven. It doesn't make me more legitimate to judge the brand, it just means I was an easy customer for EE.
Here, I judged the communication about the delayed launch and the explanations related to the issues we witness.
Sometime, even beloved brands need to feel "worried" about lower sales to do better. The concerns voiced by "potential customers" are good to hear for EE to know what to do better next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back