Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 26, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #38,776 of 40,605
Honestly I haven’t seen anyone who’s so obsessive to a brand in the same way as Mr. CL has been obsessive with EE.

I am now also obsessed with exposing such behavior.
I’m glad someone brought this up. I was starting to get annoyed by the way he religiously talks about EE undermining everyone no matter what problems people are trying to discuss and address.

Unfortunately there is someone like this in every thread/brand on this forum, especially the more expensive ones. At some point I just move on ignoring them.

Sep 26, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #38,777 of 40,605
This thread always seems to bring out the best in people, just like so many other threads. I just laugh after so many years in this hobby and seeing this with all brands.

Cayin has a 5K Anniversary DAP and have had a poor launch with some units having issues. Folks trying to find cables and IEMs that don't hiss to adapt to their purchase, rather than worrying that the DAP shouldn't do that. After shelling out 5K the folks making excuses for the unit and validating their purchase, it's human nature.

That said, Cayin jumped on it admitted the hiss and is trying to make it right. I see the same here, Jack said what is happening and has offered to make it right.

Also, if a manufacturer tells you how to properly handle or care for their item, it may be good to listen. If you want to do something else because you know more than those that made the item there are consequences. Wiggling or pinching, it appears wiggling is the preferred method.

Throw shade at who you want, or a product, it is an individuals prerogative to love a product or company(Apple vs. Android) It is also someone's choice if they want to make a purchase. The situation here or with Cayin would be different if there was a scandalous coverup, lol.

Watch it unfold and make a decision, purchase or not. I know I want to experience Raven, if I have a negative experience with the build I know it will be taken care of.

Sep 26, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #38,778 of 40,605
I’m glad someone brought this up. I was starting to get annoyed by the way he religiously talks about EE undermining everyone no matter what problems people are trying to discuss and address.

Unfortunately there is someone like this in every thread/brand on this forum, especially the more expensive ones. At some point I just move on ignoring them.
If you don't like what's on TV change the channel.

Sep 26, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #38,779 of 40,605
This thread always seems to bring out the best in people, just like so many other threads. I just laugh after so many years in this hobby and seeing this with all brands.

Cayin has a 5K Anniversary DAP and have had a poor launch with some units having issues. Folks trying to find cables and IEMs that don't hiss to adapt to their purchase, rather than worrying that the DAP shouldn't do that. After shelling out 5K the folks making excuses for the unit and validating their purchase, it's human nature.

That said, Cayin jumped on it admitted the hiss and is trying to make it right. I see the same here, Jack said what is happening and has offered to make it right.

Also, if a manufacturer tells you how to properly handle or care for their item, it may be good to listen. If you want to do something else because you know more than those that made the item there are consequences. Wiggling or pinching, it appears wiggling is the preferred method.

Throw shade at who you want, or a product, it is an individuals prerogative to love a product or company(Apple vs. Android) It is also someone's choice if they want to make a purchase. The situation here or with Cayin would be different if there was a scandalous coverup, lol.

Watch it unfold and make a decision, purchase or not. I know I want to experience Raven, if I have a negative experience with the build I know it will be taken care of.
Dude, its a 4k+ product….
Wiggle or pinch, you should not have to worry about. Its not like people are manhandeling it.

The fix would be making the product more rigged. Not: hey your the problem

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #38,780 of 40,605
If you don't like what's on TV change the channel.
Same goes for you.
A €4k IEM breaking on day 1 while simply trying to change the cable is not something to be ignored even if the manufacturer acknowledges it which they haven’t. I have pre-ordered the Raven, trying to cancel it now and explaining to my dealer all these issues and my concerns, it’s my problem not yours !
So yes go play with your toys if you’re happy with them. We don’t need any more fanboys here, there are enough already.

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #38,781 of 40,605

Interesting question that arises out of the recommendation to wriggle rather than pinching… wonder what the cable makers make of this? Would they recommend wriggling? Because if you wriggle a 2 pin connector like that, would it not cause damage to the 2 pin connector?

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #38,782 of 40,605
Dude, its a 4k+ product….
Wiggle or pinch, you should not have to worry about. Its not like people are manhandeling it.

The fix would be making the product more rigged. Not: hey your the problem
Which was my entire point of my post... Thank you.

It shouldn't matter if it is a $100 product. The same thing the Cayin buyers are dealing with. Re-read my post or don't I could care less. My post was very clear about your right to purchase a product or not and following manufacturers directions or not. Whatever, a waste of my energy.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #38,783 of 40,605
Re connectors: Campfire, Sony and Senn did an excellent job taking a poor connector, MMCX, and making it usable. Never had an issue using their connectors. JH Audio went further, using their own custom connector however their customer base is mostly pros, not needing to worry about third party cables for discerning audiophiles.

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #38,784 of 40,605
Same goes for you.
A €4k IEM breaking on day 1 while simply trying to change the cable is not something to be ignored even if the manufacturer acknowledges it which they haven’t. I have pre-ordered the Raven, trying to cancel it now and explaining to my dealer all these issues and my concerns, it’s my problem not yours !
So yes go play with your toys if you’re happy with them. We don’t need any more fanboys here, there are enough already.
Again as I said to previous responder, re-read my post or don't. It has nothing to do with fanboyism. I also made zero reference to your purchase or your pre-order.

You were heaping on someone about them religiously speaking of EE and their products. My point, which obviously was lost in translation, was if it annoys you so much why are you here? Certainly, if something on TV annoys you, you simply change the channel. I hope this is clearer since you didn't get it before. While you are most certainly entitled to your opinion if I am somewhere that triggers me as much as you appear triggered I wouldn't hang.

Now being here and speaking about your pre-order or the Raven or it's potential issue are a completely different issue.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #38,785 of 40,605
Again as I said to previous responder, re-read my post or don't. It has nothing to do with fanboyism. I also made zero reference to your purchase or your pre-order.

You were heaping on someone about them religiously speaking of EE and their products. My point, which obviously was lost in translation, was if it annoys you so much why are you here? Certainly, if something on TV annoys you, you simply change the channel. I hope this is clearer since you didn't get it before.

Now being here and speaking about your pre-order or the Raven or it's potential issue are a completely different issue.
I think he likes the channel, except for the annoying ads in between the otherwise great content. :)

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #38,786 of 40,605
Re connectors: Campfire, Sony and Senn did an excellent job taking a poor connector, MMCX, and making it usable. Never had an issue using their connectors. JH Audio went further, using their own custom connector however their customer base is mostly pros, not needing to worry about third party cables for discerning audiophiles.
I have never had an issue with a JH, Sony or CA either. That said, lucky or not I haven't had a socket issue with EE either.

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #38,787 of 40,605
I think he likes the channel, except for the annoying ads in between the otherwise great content. :)
Lol.. Could be man...either way his ads are equally annoying as any other. I was about to change the channel.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #38,788 of 40,605
Interesting question that arises out of the recommendation to wriggle rather than pinching… wonder what the cable makers make of this? Would they recommend wriggling? Because if you wriggle a 2 pin connector like that, would it not cause damage to the 2 pin connector?
This is a good point.

Silver lining is for EA cables, they have a modular system, so any ‘damage’ from wriggling can be easily replaced. The beauty of ConX system.

If one has a pricey PW cable…I hope it doesn’t get damaged from wriggling.

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #38,789 of 40,605
This is a good point.

Silver lining is for EA cables, they have a modular system, so any ‘damage’ from wriggling can be easily replaced. The beauty of ConX system.

If one has a pricey PW cable…I hope it doesn’t get damaged from wriggling.
Lol...I have one of those cables and it is a nice design IMO. Damaged from wiggling or pinching for that matter.

Sep 26, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #38,790 of 40,605
Always good to start the day off with some comedy.

Folks, I like EE just like I enjoy 64 Audio and CFA amongst others. They haven’t dropped anything I’ve cared for in a while but if they do, I’ll be all over it. I haven’t once made an excuse for these failures or undermined anyone who has experienced it. If you don’t like it, ignore my account or PM directly and we can chat about it.

Or continue to talk about me in your secret little group that @bluestorm1992 was so proud to mention.

I. Don’t. Care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back