Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #38,012 of 40,566
IMG20230803183605.jpg
Dunno how EE do it.. But it is so comfy. Even at that size...
How can any normal human fit those in their ears lol. I thought the Ragnar was huge and had fit issues with them. There’s no way that’s going to fit in my ears. Maybe an elephant 😂.

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #38,013 of 40,566
Ok so quick first impressions:

Running on Modded Shanling H7 which is slightly warmer and fuller sounding. Epro tips seem to work best.

Bass tuning in isolation is probably closer to Odyssey than Odin. But due to excellent treble presence feels more balanced in over all presentation. But still maintain EE bass beauty

Mids are not shouty. But not as warm as Odyssey either. I really dont pick u anything weird here. Most balanced mids to date. Mind you H7 has a bit of meat on lower mids in its presentation.

Treble. Is just by far the most complete and engaging EE have done. Its got air, its got energy. Its not overdone. I will just probably need to try and fire it up on something more neutral to see how it responds.

Technicalities on this thing are summit fi.
Resolution across the board is incredible.
Spacial positioning and layering is just next level.
Massive stage to throw stuff where it belongs.
Dynamics are effortless
This is easily a full package for me

I need to know more about this shanling h7 mod, I have one and I hate it with a passion.

Aug 3, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #38,014 of 40,566
Mids are not shouty. But not as warm as Odyssey either. I really dont pick u anything weird here. Most balanced mids to date. Mind you H7 has a bit of meat on lower mids in its presentation.
Mids not as warm as Odyssey? I was really hoping the low-mids would be fuller than Odyssey. To me, Odyssey was not a warm mid at all. If Raven is less so, that's slightly concerning.

Also, what are the highs like relative to Odyssey?

Thanks.

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #38,015 of 40,566

Dunno how EE do it.. But it is so comfy. Even at that size...
It is surprisingly light for that size. And the shape is just right for me to fit. Size will be an issue for small ears.
But for me, i could probably go for a jog with those. Although i never had fit issue with EE iems.
They do stick out a lot as expected.
IMG20230803182950.jpg

Did it have any burn in time?
How does bass and stage compare to EVO?
Almost none from what i know. Im the 3rd or 4th person to try it i trust. And i probably had most time with it.
EVO will be more of a basshead set as its treble is rolled off. Raven has more air and sound more spread out in all directions and more layered. Spaciality is really impressive.
Raven will be capable of covering more genres. But its by no means bass light.
Unless they changed the tuning from the prototype, I thought the base was closer to Evo than Odyssey. And Odyssey is my daily listener for the most part
Well its a bit tricky to go from memory. And i personally dont think there is much difference in EVO vs Odyssey bass in isolation. Evo just lacks air so bass is a bigger highlight. Its been a while since ive heard both so someone who will own both will need to confirm this. If you already did A/B id probably better listen to you than me.. I have not heard the prototype..
Mids not as warm as Odyssey? I was really hoping the low-mids would be fuller than Odyssey. To me, Odyssey was not a warm mid at all. If Raven is less so, that's slightly concerning.

From memory i think Odyssey mids are warmer. Raven is not lean in the mids by any means. I found Odyssey a touch too warm for me. But again it probably needs A/B to confirm, or at least fresher memory.
Treble wise. Raven is a touch more energetic and has noticeably more upper treble.

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #38,016 of 40,566
Ok so quick first impressions:

Running on Modded Shanling H7 which is slightly warmer and fuller sounding. Epro tips seem to work best.

Bass tuning in isolation is probably closer to Odyssey than Odin. But due to excellent treble presence feels more balanced in over all presentation. But still maintain EE bass beauty

Treble. Is just by far the most complete and engaging EE have done. Its got air, its got energy. Its not overdone. I will just probably need to try and fire it up on something more neutral to see how it responds.

Technicalities on this thing are summit fi.
Resolution across the board is incredible.
Spacial positioning and layering is just next level.
Massive stage to throw stuff where it belongs.
Dynamics are effortless
This is easily a full package for me

RIP my wallet

@SoundJedi telling me all the same things this morning

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #38,018 of 40,566
What do you guys think of faceplate? You like it? I know my pic is horrible but it gives an idea
I actually like the understated black/gray faceplate over the bling of the Odyssey. For me, the less noticeable it is I'm sporting new IEMs, the better. :smile:

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #38,019 of 40,566
What do you guys think of faceplate? You like it? I know my pic is horrible but it gives an idea
Sorry but they look mass produced to me. Odin is far superior.

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #38,020 of 40,566
Best looking EE since EVO. Love the brushed all-black finish and epic Raven emblem. Classic EE. They're MASSIVE though. Wish they were offered as custom.

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #38,021 of 40,566
It's not gonna fit in my earlet ears 😂 Odin was a good idea

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #38,022 of 40,566
Best looking EE since EVO. Love the brushed all-black finish and epic Raven emblem. Classic EE. They're MASSIVE though. Wish they were offered as custom.
It's not gonna fit in my earlet ears 😂 Odin was a good idea
2023….Year of the chonkers!

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #38,023 of 40,566

Thanks.
Low mids are fuller than Odyssey just by a little.

Not ENTIRELY sure this info should be out yet but hey... I do agree with it. Raven sound awesome.

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #38,024 of 40,566
The design is great! I like it more than Odin design. Can't wait for the official release.

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #38,025 of 40,566
Looking solid, premium and serious. Love the new look :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back