Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 24, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #37,982 of 40,599
Just linked up with the EE crew and without saying too much, they are working relentlessly on Raven’s release so that it’s dialed in to its best form both sonically and aesthetically. Truly gonna be awesome. Take it from a shill, don’t take it from a shill… all I’m saying is… prestige worldwide.

does it mean production/assembly hasn’t started yet?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #37,984 of 40,599
I’m not releasing any info like that. I’m just leaving it up to them to since it’s not my place.

Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote up there when you say ‘working relentlessly on Raven’s release so that it’s dialed in to its best form both sonically and aesthetically.’. It just tells me they are still doing tuning/design, and I know these things take time to produce/assemble

Jul 25, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #37,985 of 40,599
Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote up there when you say ‘working relentlessly on Raven’s release so that it’s dialed in to its best form both sonically and aesthetically.’. It just tells me they are still doing tuning/design, and I know these things take time to produce/assemble
Tuning and design are done.

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #37,986 of 40,599
So I know I'm really late to the Odin party but I finally got a set (used) and am very happy with them. Certainly different from my Zeus XR, but in a good way. Bought without a cable (I already have a Stormbreaker) and am using them with my 1960 and Sedna tips. Interesting sound sig, no problem with that treble freq everyone seems to complain about (I'm used to a Zeus, after all), and not as heavy sounding as was the Phantom that I bought and sold.

Oh, and it needs a lot more power to drive than does the Zeus. I run the Zeus at the high-40s to mid-50s, where I ran the Odin in the 70s (often the upper end). Using an AK 2000T set to non-tube/hybrid. I'm going to see what it does with the AK 1000 next.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #37,987 of 40,599
So I know I'm really late to the Odin party but I finally got a set (used) and am very happy with them. Certainly different from my Zeus XR, but in a good way. Bought without a cable (I already have a Stormbreaker) and am using them with my 1960 and Sedna tips. Interesting sound sig, no problem with that treble freq everyone seems to complain about (I'm used to a Zeus, after all), and not as heavy sounding as was the Phantom that I bought and sold.

Oh, and it needs a lot more power to drive than does the Zeus. I run the Zeus at the high-40s to mid-50s, where I ran the Odin in the 70s (often the upper end). Using an AK 2000T set to non-tube/hybrid. I'm going to see what it does with the AK 1000 next.
Glad you finally got to try some modern EE, Odin remains one of my favs from the brand along with the Zeus of course. It's been a while since I listened to my Zeus now (a few months I'd say) but I never really did find a true successor to it.

Jul 27, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #37,988 of 40,599
So I know I'm really late to the Odin party but I finally got a set (used) and am very happy with them.

Congrats on the acquisition, cuz :thumbsup: Every time I put the Odins in my ears after a few weeks of not using them they make me go 'Wow' & remind me of how good they are.

Jul 28, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #37,989 of 40,599
it's interesting in that the Odin adds heft without creating too much warmth from the mids down. Vocals sound very close to the Zeus. And the upper end is good. I'm a treble head and I have no issue with it.

Besides its lack of upper end, I found the Phantom added too much warmth to vocals and changed the quality of the singer in a displeasing manner. I loved its bass, but it seemed like, if we imagine a note as center, upper and lower, the Phantom moved too much to the lower center.

The Zeus tends to be much more upper center, giving it that wonderful transparency, especially with acoustic guitars. But that comes with a lack of heft in many tracks.

The Odin takes away a bit of that transparency, but it's still full of detail and has lots of treble. And wonderful bass that is solid without being overwhelming. A good example of the difference between it and the Zeus is The Rolling Stones' Paint It, Black. With the Zeus it's all guitar strings and you feel like you are in the middle of the picking and strumming. With the Odin it still has a lot of guitar strings, but it has more weight and feels more solid, less "windy."

Jul 28, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #37,990 of 40,599
OMG!... our (big) little 4-month old poodle puppy was finally able to jump up onto our bed by himself. What did he do? Stole my Odyssey IEMs from next to my pillow, and completely destroyed one of the earpieces! :scream: The DHC cable and other earpiece are totally fine. But the one earpiece has been annihilated into junk/parts. :disappointed:

Still in shock.

Back to EVO for now. I was really starting to appreciate how great the Odyssey is.

Now even more impatient for the Raven to get here.

Still love the big little guy (puppy). He just cost quite a bit more than I originally planned. :neutral_face:

Raven can't get here soon enough!

Jul 28, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #37,992 of 40,599
OMG!... our (big) little 4-month old poodle puppy was finally able to jump up onto our bed by himself. What did he do? Stole my Odyssey IEMs from next to my pillow, and completely destroyed one of the earpieces! :scream: The DHC cable and other earpiece are totally fine. But the one earpiece has been annihilated into junk/parts. :disappointed:

Still in shock.

Back to EVO for now. I was really starting to appreciate how great the Odyssey is.

Still love the big little guy (puppy). He just cost quite a bit more than I originally planned. :neutral_face:

Pics!...of the puppy, not the IEM. I know this is head-fi, but who doesn't love a good puppy picture?

Jul 28, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #37,993 of 40,599

Still in shock.

I feel for you man considering the price of the Odyssey! However, nothing compares to the joy your puppy gives you! Sorry to hear that!

Jul 28, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #37,994 of 40,599
Jul 29, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #37,995 of 40,599
Still playing with the Odin setup (it came with no cable). I was using it with my 1960, but I also have a Stormbreaker in the house that I bought for my Massdrop Zeus. I swapped the cables and I've gotta say the Odin sounded splashy in the cymbals with the Stormbreaker. I didn't notice a big difference in the bass, but it really changed the upper trebles.

Now I know the Stormbreaker is NOT a 1960. Without going into details, I know some things about it. But we all know the Odin was tuned with the Stormbreaker. My take is the 1960 is a much better choice for the Odin. Of course it may also depend on your source (I'm using AK 1000 and 2000T) but the 1960 is giving a much richer sound sig without losing details and keeping clean upper trebles. When I tried the Stormbreaker on my Zeus XR I noticed a difference as well, but it was much smaller.

Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back