Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 4, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #38,030 of 40,600
Looks unfinished to me and not at all premium for what it’s going to cost !
I‘m guessing it’s not final and still missing some polishing.
I somewhat agree but the seam on the faceplate makes me thing that there is more going on here than what meets the eye…. At least I hope. Far too subdued for my tastes.

Aug 4, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #38,031 of 40,600
I so hope for a CIEM version or at least a metal body UIEM?

Aug 4, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #38,033 of 40,600
Personally, I have no problems with the design, and if it was made from a metal body that would be better.

Aug 4, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #38,034 of 40,600
It is surprisingly light for that size. And the shape is just right for me to fit. Size will be an issue for small ears.
But for me, i could probably go for a jog with those. Although i never had fit issue with EE iems.
They do stick out a lot as expected.

Almost none from what i know. Im the 3rd or 4th person to try it i trust. And i probably had most time with it.
EVO will be more of a basshead set as its treble is rolled off. Raven has more air and sound more spread out in all directions and more layered. Spaciality is really impressive.
Raven will be capable of covering more genres. But its by no means bass light.

Well its a bit tricky to go from memory. And i personally dont think there is much difference in EVO vs Odyssey bass in isolation. Evo just lacks air so bass is a bigger highlight. Its been a while since ive heard both so someone who will own both will need to confirm this. If you already did A/B id probably better listen to you than me.. I have not heard the prototype..

From memory i think Odyssey mids are warmer. Raven is not lean in the mids by any means. I found Odyssey a touch too warm for me. But again it probably needs A/B to confirm, or at least fresher memory.
Treble wise. Raven is a touch more energetic and has noticeably more upper treble.
Can you please weigh the shells?

I'd be happy to buy you a scale if you don't have one. I'd rather do it that way than buy Raven and find out it's too heavy. My offer is serious. I'm sure many others are interested as well.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am not trying to provoke at all. I just want to have transparency in this matter, which is not unimportant for me.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #38,036 of 40,600
I quite like the shell design. But I prefer more understated/sleek over flashy/blingy. This looks more premium to me than Odin or Odyssey 🤷🏽‍♂️ My fav designs from EE have been LX, Evo, and now Raven.

But… Jesus Christ that “IEM” is MASSIVE. 😂
Shouldn’t you be arguing with Tamtrum? 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back