Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 30, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #37,996 of 40,569
@olddude you are killing me dude , i been wanting to try/buy a custom Odin for quite some time but budget is an issue so NT6 and Zeus will have to do for now (been having these two iems since 2017 so a new purchase is more than justified i guess when money comes along)

enjoy the odin and keep those impressions coming

Jul 30, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #37,997 of 40,569
Get a used Odin for around $1800 (often without a cable) when you can.

I'd been using my Zeus with an AK2000T and using the tube function to give it more richness. The Odin is better. :)

Don't sell the Zeus, though. There are tracks where the Zeus is "better."

Jul 31, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #37,998 of 40,569
Prostest Raven.jpg

Jul 31, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #38,000 of 40,569
Jul 31, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #38,001 of 40,569
They're at the wrong place! They should move to GA in order to make a difference :wink:
I just made the signs for them. Can't control where they go with them.

Aug 2, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #38,003 of 40,569
Still playing with the Odin setup (it came with no cable). I was using it with my 1960, but I also have a Stormbreaker in the house that I bought for my Massdrop Zeus. I swapped the cables and I've gotta say the Odin sounded splashy in the cymbals with the Stormbreaker. I didn't notice a big difference in the bass, but it really changed the upper trebles.

Now I know the Stormbreaker is NOT a 1960. Without going into details, I know some things about it. But we all know the Odin was tuned with the Stormbreaker. My take is the 1960 is a much better choice for the Odin. Of course it may also depend on your source (I'm using AK 1000 and 2000T) but the 1960 is giving a much richer sound sig without losing details and keeping clean upper trebles. When I tried the Stormbreaker on my Zeus XR I noticed a difference as well, but it was much smaller.

Just my two cents.
i swapped to a silver cable just a few months after getting the odin, agreed somehow i feel that the stormbreaker isnt doing the odins justice

Aug 2, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #38,004 of 40,569
OMG!... our (big) little 4-month old poodle puppy was finally able to jump up onto our bed by himself. What did he do? Stole my Odyssey IEMs from next to my pillow, and completely destroyed one of the earpieces! :scream: The DHC cable and other earpiece are totally fine. But the one earpiece has been annihilated into junk/parts. :disappointed:

Still in shock.

Back to EVO for now. I was really starting to appreciate how great the Odyssey is.

Now even more impatient for the Raven to get here.

Still love the big little guy (puppy). He just cost quite a bit more than I originally planned. :neutral_face:

Raven can't get here soon enough!

Aww. Sorry to hear this happened, but congratulations on the puppy who will always think he is smaller than he actually is.

Get a used Odin for around $1800 (often without a cable) when you can.

I'd been using my Zeus with an AK2000T and using the tube function to give it more richness. The Odin is better. :)

Don't sell the Zeus, though. There are tracks where the Zeus is "better."

Yes - Odins are quite easily found at around $1750 now, at that price they are steal.

I sent mine back to be reshelled into a custom and have no regrets.

Nope, no Raven related news, sorry 🙈
Just for fun
Picsart_23-08-02_10-33-57-692.jpg

EVO!!!!!

Yes, expect no Raven news until end of August or sometime in September.

My guess is we just might have to wait for CanJam for the official announcement.

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #38,009 of 40,569
Ok so quick first impressions:

Running on Modded Shanling H7 which is slightly warmer and fuller sounding. Epro tips seem to work best.

Bass tuning in isolation is probably closer to Odyssey than Odin. But due to excellent treble presence feels more balanced in over all presentation. But still maintain EE bass beauty

Mids are not shouty. But not as warm as Odyssey either. I really dont pick u anything weird here. Most balanced mids to date. Mind you H7 has a bit of meat on lower mids in its presentation.

Treble. Is just by far the most complete and engaging EE have done. Its got air, its got energy. Its not overdone. I will just probably need to try and fire it up on something more neutral to see how it responds.

Technicalities on this thing are summit fi.
Resolution across the board is incredible.
Spacial positioning and layering is just next level.
Massive stage to throw stuff where it belongs.
Dynamics are effortless
This is easily a full package for me

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #38,010 of 40,569
Ok so quick first impressions:

Running on Modded Shanling H7 which is slightly warmer and fuller sounding. Epro tips seem to work best.

Bass tuning in isolation is probably closer to Odyssey than Odin. But due to excellent treble presence feels more balanced in over all presentation. But still maintain EE bass beauty

Mids are not shouty. But not as warm as Odyssey either. I really dont pick u anything weird here. Most balanced mids to date. Mind you H7 has a bit of meat on lower mids in its presentation.

Treble. Is just by far the most complete and engaging EE have done. Its got air, its got energy. Its not overdone. I will just probably need to try and fire it up on something more neutral to see how it responds.

Technicalities on this thing are summit fi.
Resolution across the board is incredible.
Spacial positioning and layering is just next level.
Massive stage to throw stuff where it belongs.
Dynamics are effortless
This is easily a full package for me
Did it have any burn in time?
How does bass and stage compare to EVO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back