Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 27, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #37,891 of 40,568
Bravado Mkii Ciems arrived today, they look amazing and fit pretty well. It's my first pair of CIEMs so it'll take a bit to get used to the feeling of them in my ears. The seals a tiny bit finicky and they fit a bit shallow relative to what I was expecting, but that's going to be down to my incredibly narrow ear canals. If nothing else that makes it really easy to get them in and out, and once they're in it's completely fine.

I was honestly expecting them to sound a bit bassier, though it's definitely there and pretty good (though it must be said, I'm about as big of a bass head as it comes). There does seem to be a volume threshold where the bass really comes to life, one notch down and it's not as immediate and visceral. Part of this is also that I listen pretty quiet so volume steps can be quite different (3 ish db's on a lot of devices). Enjoying them a ton so far, not the final word in detail or anything but I'm not expecting an $800 set to compete with the Annihilator or the like. For the price I paid I'm more than happy.

I'll definitely have to play with some of the Cables and sources I have to see how things match up, it was immediately apparent to me that the bass sounded far better off of my Shanling M6 Pro AKM than my Fiio BTR5.

Attachments

• 20230627_113015.jpg
    20230627_113015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 27, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #37,892 of 40,568
Bravado Mkii Ciems arrived today, they look amazing and fit pretty well. It's my first pair of CIEMs so it'll take a bit to get used to the feeling of them in my ears. The seals a tiny bit finicky and they fit a bit shallow relative to what I was expecting, but that's going to be down to my incredibly narrow ear canals. If nothing else that makes it really easy to get them in and out, and once they're in it's completely fine.

I was honestly expecting them to sound a bit bassier, though it's definitely there and pretty good (though it must be said, I'm about as big of a bass head as it comes). There does seem to be a volume threshold where the bass really comes to life, one notch down and it's not as immediate and visceral. Part of this is also that I listen pretty quiet so volume steps can be quite different (3 ish db's on a lot of devices). Enjoying them a ton so far, not the final word in detail or anything but I'm not expecting an $800 set to compete with the Annihilator or the like. For the price I paid I'm more than happy.

I'll definitely have to play with some of the Cables and sources I have to see how things match up, it was immediately apparent to me that the bass sounded far better off of my Shanling M6 Pro AKM than my Fiio BTR5.
Nothing a little eq can't fix. The weapon x handle eq extremely well. I'm a basshead myself and I've even got the evos a little boosted with a +1.5 db lowshelf under 65hz

Jun 27, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #37,894 of 40,568
Jun 27, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #37,896 of 40,568
I guess getting older has made me less of a basshead, I'm finding these a touch too bassy. I'm 48 now, maybe that was more 28 year old me lol

I have not EQ'd the bass lower yet though.

Will try them another couple weeks in the rotation then keep or sell like new

Jul 1, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #37,898 of 40,568
Did a dirty A/B comparison between the dunu hulk pro and a Xinhs silver cable I had around with my Bravado MK. iis. There's a couple of small differences that I'm not too certain on so not going to list anything here. There was one major difference however, I was just enjoying music and bopping along way more when I had the hulk pro on, so it wins.

Sad that I'll have to send them in to get refit because I'm enjoying them so much. My accursed ear anatomy has struck once again, and with how angled my ears are the connectors/Cable coming off the iems is getting shoved up against my jaw and giving me a headache.

Jul 5, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #37,902 of 40,568
That design looks very similar to what Auricon shared earlier -)
Not sure if I helped inspired in some way or not but the similarities are striking :beerchug:

Getting ready for "Raven" and inspiration for next ink

380947c59a86d5ae8cd393253ce26476-2186772852.jpeg

I bloomed up contrast to get a better looksie.

6A915DB0-A74F-4E14-84FD-40761980F59E.jpeg

Jul 5, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #37,903 of 40,568
Shell form look similar to Symphonium Audio and Subtonic iems 👀
The faceplate looks like it's not uniform like all previous EE IEMs, maybe it's made of metal this time around? All previous shells were more round at the edges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back