Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 5, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #37,921 of 40,613
Listing my like-new Bravado Mk II's shortly. Had them for two weeks but I went with the U4s instead, a bit more in my lane. The Bravado Mk II are very impressive, but can't keep both, and for some tracks blew me away like none other, but I'm in my forties now and may have grown a bit out of my basshead phase. Only reason I can't just return them is Moon Audio is a crappy etailer and has a terrible return policy unlike any other respectable hi-fi etailer I've used in the last 10 years.

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #37,922 of 40,613
Sorry to say, but the Raven design looks bland and uninspired. As is the Evo's look (which I own). The Odin's faceplate was incredible, however.

I'm reserving judgement based on a few factors.

No one has seen and handled whatever was pictured, in person. We aren't sure if that is the normal design or possibly a limited run. We don't know if there's a limited run, what the standard ones will look like.

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #37,923 of 40,613
Sorry to say, but the Raven design looks bland and uninspired. As is the Evo's look (which I own). The Odin's faceplate was incredible, however.
Interesting. I’m the opposite. Odin is too bling-y. I prefer the understated LX and Evo but some details like what’s pictured for the Raven are welcome additions in my book.

Jul 5, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #37,924 of 40,613
Some people forget that Hi-fi and Audio much like visual art is very subjective and relative. Everyone is going to have their own tastes from tuning to visuals to build materials. Based on the flat FP lack of rounded corners, Raven is going to be very different from anything that came before. The real question here is weather or not my Hit Clips will drive the Raven.

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #37,925 of 40,613
Some people forget that Hi-fi and Audio much like visual art is very subjective and relative. Everyone is going to have their own tastes from tuning to visuals to build materials. Based on the flat FP lack of rounded corners, Raven is going to be very different from anything that came before. The real question here is weather or not my Hit Clips will drive the Raven.
I don’t see why they won’t. They drove the millennium just fine.

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #37,926 of 40,613
I'm reserving judgement based on a few factors.

No one has seen and handled whatever was pictured, in person. We aren't sure if that is the normal design or possibly a limited run. We don't know if there's a limited run, what the standard ones will look like.
I sense it’s not what you expected.

Jul 5, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #37,928 of 40,613
It’s exactly what I expected. I just can’t say too much. 😇

That was more ‘friendly advice’ than anything. Can’t crap on something when it’s only a glimpse.
It’s gonna be in your ears or a case 99% of the time anyway, who gives a crap what it looks like. It needs to SOUND good.

Jul 5, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #37,930 of 40,613
Not gonna argue with you there. Very true and sound good it does.
Very curious how this will compare to the cream of the crop for neutral musical tunings i.e. trailli, phonix le, ronin, impact, jewel, storm etc…

This is supposed to be EE’s ode to that neutral musical reference sound right?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #37,931 of 40,613
Very curious how this will compare to the cream of the crop for neutral musical tunings i.e. trailli, phonix le, ronin, impact, jewel, storm etc…

This is supposed to be EE’s ode to that neutral musical reference sound right?
Hard to say. Well maybe EE’s version of it. Taking the good qualities of what which you mentioned but giving it the magic of the W9+’s and W10. That by virtue is going to push the bass and stage up a notch.

One major upgrade in my opinion is the treble they were able to accomplish. Most extension and air in anything EE thus far. Slightly edging even Odin’s treble abilities. Not V shaped though which is an important distinction to make. Mid range sits properly to avoid that.

Jul 5, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #37,932 of 40,613
Hard to say. Well maybe EE’s version of it. Taking the good qualities of what which you mentioned but giving it the magic of the W9+’s and W10. That by virtue is going to push the bass and stage up a notch.

One major upgrade in my opinion is the treble they were able to accomplish. Most extension and air in anything EE thus far. Slightly edging even Odin’s treble abilities. Not V shaped though which is an important distinction to make. Mid range sits properly to avoid that.
In all honesty I prefer Odin to Traillii after all this time. Traillii was once my #1 but now having Odin for a second time solidifies my affection for its tuning. Its not the most tonally correct but it is just so damn transparent and satisfying. I am very curious about Raven. It will probably be quite some time before I will hear it but I am definitely looking forward to all the impressions and popcorn....:laughing:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #37,933 of 40,613
In all honesty I prefer Odin to Traillii after all this time. Traillii was once my #1 but now having Odin for a second time solidifies my affection for its tuning. Its not the most tonally correct but it is just so damn transparent and satisfying. I am very curious about Raven. It will probably be quite some time before I will hear it but I am definitely looking forward to all the impressions and popcorn....:laughing:
I prefer Raven over Traillii, and I’ve never heard Raven. :)

Jul 7, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #37,934 of 40,613
Some people forget that Hi-fi and Audio much like visual art is very subjective and relative. Everyone is going to have their own tastes from tuning to visuals to build materials. Based on the flat FP lack of rounded corners, Raven is going to be very different from anything that came before. The real question here is weather or not my Hit Clips will
I prefer Raven over Traillii, and I’ve never heard Raven. :)
Based

Users who are viewing this thread

Back