Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #37,876 of 40,573
Any cable recommendations for the Almighty Odin? I should have mine on Wednesday and I’m curious what the Odin users are using…thanks to all that reply!
I'm using the Liquid Links Venon cable with my Odins. I love the look with black and gold!

Jun 17, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #37,877 of 40,573
bing's take on raven

Attachments

• raven bing.jpeg
    raven bing.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 17, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #37,878 of 40,573
bing's take on raven
Yeah...thanks a lot pal. Now we have to wait another 3 months because there's no excuse not to have that as the faceplate.

Jun 17, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #37,879 of 40,573
I just got a custom Odin recently and was wondering about others experience with the fit. It matches the molds I got exactly, so it fits very tight and I wasn’t sure if that was normal. They sound absolutely amazing using them, I just get physical ear fatigue sooner than I expected with them

Jun 17, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #37,880 of 40,573
I just got a custom Odin recently and was wondering about others experience with the fit. It matches the molds I got exactly, so it fits very tight and I wasn’t sure if that was normal. They sound absolutely amazing using them, I just get physical ear fatigue sooner than I expected with them
Did you form your molds with your mouth open biting down on a block? If so, they’ll be tighter.

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #37,882 of 40,573
You can remake them for free in the first month. My customs are slightly on a looser fit side and I can use them whole day with zero ear fatigue. If you don't use them while doing physical activities it would be worth the wait to remake them with looser fit.

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #37,883 of 40,573
If this is your first time ever wearing customs, then some tightness and fatigue is to be expected. Let your ears get used to them for a week or two. If the tightness and fatigue persists, then you can consider a refit.

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #37,885 of 40,573
Best to get impressions with a relaxed jaw if wanting a less tight fit?
In my experience, open/closed jaw makes less of a difference than the IEM brand’s actual trimming methods. Some keep a lot of material for a tighter fit, others trim more for a rounder, looser shape. It can even vary between models, depending on the canal length of that specific model. So, it’s best to just follow the brand’s instructions.

Jun 23, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #37,887 of 40,573
Just got the Bravado Mk II - a couple reviews mentioned burn in can affect the bass, do others find that true?

Jun 27, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #37,889 of 40,573
Jun 27, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #37,890 of 40,573
Only took about 10 hours, but much much tighter and I felt extension was perceptively deeper. Before burn it, bass sounded very boomy, but after I got that nice subbass rumble that I desired with controlled midbass

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back