Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 8, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #37,848 of 40,613
Odin is still the best IEM I heard. It's like a combination of Z1R and U12T with even better treble.

Agreed - it's why I passed on both of those, having the option to go with Odin instead.

No Raven yet?

No, not yet. Jack has been overseas traveling for shows. Hopefully, we'll hear from him soon. Raven announcement will break this thread again!

Jun 8, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #37,851 of 40,613
Comparable bass performance and better overall staging on Raven. Raven also has much more treble extension and width in the mid range.
Is the stage less artificial sounding in the Raven? I love my Evos, but the artificial staging can be a bit irksome. Seems to come from phase incoherence between the bone conduction and the main driver array.

Jun 8, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #37,852 of 40,613
Is the stage less artificial sounding in the Raven? I love my Evos, but the artificial staging can be a bit irksome. Seems to come from phase incoherence between the bone conduction and the main driver array.
I can't decipher where you are hearing the disconnect but I do think the Raven are more cohesive and natural sounding overall.

Jun 10, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #37,854 of 40,613
Anyone wish Empire Ears made their iems more durable? I've cracked the acrylic on my evos 3 times in the past 2 years. Definitely my fault but kind of swish they had a metal or carbon fiber option. I use them all day everyday so having something tougher would be ideal
My evos are the only IEMs I’ve had that haven’t had to be warranty repaired…

Jun 10, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #37,855 of 40,613
Current situation 😅😅😅

Attachments

• 1686431694366686085275330965488.jpg
    1686431694366686085275330965488.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 10, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #37,856 of 40,613
Anyone wish Empire Ears made their iems more durable? I've cracked the acrylic on my evos 3 times in the past 2 years. Definitely my fault but kind of swish they had a metal or carbon fiber option. I use them all day everyday so having something tougher would be ideal
Have you compared their durability to any other acrylic based IEM to see if it's par for the course or unique to EE IEM's? I know you stated you are rough with them so I was curious if others that have received the same treatment are breaking on you.

Jun 10, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #37,858 of 40,613
Have you compared their durability to any other acrylic based IEM to see if it's par for the course or unique to EE IEM's? I know you stated you are rough with them so I was curious if others that have received the same treatment are breaking on you.
Ee are the only iems I've had that are made from acrylic. Other iems I use are u12t, UM indigo, and Fir krypton 5, which I've been equally rough with but they are built from stronger materials. Unfortunately for me the EVO are my favorites but alas the most fragile of the bunch :frowning2:(

Jun 10, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #37,859 of 40,613
Ee are the only iems I've had that are made from acrylic. Other iems I use are u12t, UM indigo, and Fir krypton 5, which I've been equally rough with but they are built from stronger materials. Unfortunately for me the EVO are my favorites but alas the most fragile of the bunch :frowning2:(
Ok good info. I know they have to use their special blend for W10 conduction so maybe it’s a blessing and a curse. Question though, exactly how unforgiving are you on them lol?

Jun 10, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #37,860 of 40,613
Ok good info. I know they have to use their special blend for W10 conduction so maybe it’s a blessing and a curse. Question though, exactly how unforgiving are you on them lol?
Honestly not that unforgiving. I use them all day, when I'm not using them they chill in my pocket, or they hang from my ears briefly. Most of the time they've been cracked from chillin in my pocket. I started using a soft case to help but still they get damaged eventually. I work as an audio tech for clubs I'm vegas so I use them all night as earplugs, to hear my phone ring, and for media use when I have downtime. I use them upwards of 10 hours a day for gym and work as well as leisure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back