Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 12, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #30,451 of 40,561
:laughing:

I think something a bit smaller would do...
The one @CL14715 posted is beautiful. I saw several similar looking watch display cases on amazon but no idea if the size of each compartment is the same as the EE one or not. Example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GRO1P60/
This sucker is Williams and Sonoma… but no idea how big the compartments are in relation to the one you linked.

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #30,452 of 40,561
The good Lord willing' and the crick don't rise, I'll be getting my Odin customs in about two weeks. Bifrost with Mist shells. Yes, I admit I plan to get out my USB microscope out to take a good long look whilst their burning in!!

:astonished::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
Enjoy when they arrive. Bet they will look awesome as well!

Which is......? Do tell.

LX, plan to order to CanJam SoCal as I want to get new impressions. Still thinking about the design, leaning towards the brushed silver for the faceplate.

Soooo something came in the mail today...

Chill out meme lords, it wasn't that...

So apparently my woman decided to make a little something special happen with the help of @Jack Vang. Completely surprised and impressed with this thing! I have been eyeballing these things every time I make a trip to the EE headquarters. Didn't know I would be getting one for my 35th birthday!! Not to mention this is a newer and nicer one! LFG!
@Jack Vang you should get that mass produced. Bet it would sell out in quick order!

What are some other alternatives for storing IEMs? My collection is starting to grow...
Watch display cases (removing the little pillows)?
Orbital watch cases - the Roma comes in a 5 or 10 storage space. I have a 3 place Orbital watch winder in teak, it's quite sharp.

https://www.amazon.com/Orbita-Roma-Black-Leather-Watchcase/dp/B01NH13V7X

Jul 13, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #30,454 of 40,561
just bought a Nemesis--best bass i've heard before for an iem was the Campfire Atlas--how much better or different is the Nemesis from the Atlas?
Did not hear nemesis. But Atlas is midbass focused. Where as nemesis seems to have even more focus in subbass than LX.
And im pretty sure Nemesis should be technically superior as Atlas while definitely not bad, is honestly not a miracle in anything.

Jul 13, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #30,455 of 40,561
What are some other alternatives for storing IEMs? My collection is starting to grow...
Watch display cases (removing the little pillows)?
Yes, a watch display case. They are pretty cheap here, 20-30 euros. Maybe not as fancy looking as some models suggested here, but I'm happy with it. I like to have a little more space for IEMs and cables, esp if they're 8w, so I take out some dividers.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...dio-discussion.826876/page-2241#post-16447570

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #30,456 of 40,561
Cant believe this actually happened to me..

I have dropped an ad in classifieds of my LX for sale today at work to fund Odin.

Came back home and made a bunch of pics,
Put my LX on sofa and went to put box away to another room.
When i got back saw my wife changing nappy to my 1 year old daughter. And guess what.. She of course reached one of the earpieces and put it in a mouth😣😊 and left a scratch with her teeth....

Its a tiny scratch that you really need to look at up close to see it. But the iems are no longer mint.
So here goes down value of my LX. Just when im lookung to sell them...

Seems like this hobby and women in my life dont go well together, no matter what age😄😄

Jul 13, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #30,457 of 40,561

I have dropped an ad in classifieds of my LX for sale today at work to fund Odin.

When i got back saw my wife changing nappy to my 1 year old daughter. And guess what.. She of course reached one of the earpieces and put it in a mouth😣😊 and left a scratch with her teeth....

Its a tiny scratch that you really need to look at up close to see it. But the iems are no longer mint.

Seems like this hobby and women in my life dont go well together, no matter what age😄😄
Lucky she didn't swallow it... 😳

And I think it's a sign to keep the LX.

Jul 13, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #30,458 of 40,561

Sorry to say but serves you right for listing your LX. Have you lost your marbles!? 😝

Seriously though, if that's not the universe sending you a message, I don't know what is. Skimp and save elsewhere but leave the LX alone!

Jul 13, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #30,462 of 40,561
Jul 13, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #30,464 of 40,561
He’s heard both… the all fathers grasp has taken ahold now… it’s just a matter of time.
... Before the honeymoon phase is over and he realizes is too fatiguing and resells it.. 😜

Jul 13, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #30,465 of 40,561
... Before the honeymoon phase is over and he realizes is too fatiguing and resells it.. 😜

3 months and still listen to it everyday… can’t get enough. A lot better than the soulless stuff that 64 audio puts out 😉 the U12t didn’t last 3 weeks… don’t even get me started on Thummim 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back