Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 13, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #30,467 of 40,587
3 months and still listen to it everyday… can’t get enough. A lot better than the soulless stuff that 64 audio puts out 😉 the U12t didn’t last 3 weeks… don’t even get me started on Thummim 😂

Soulless and 64 audio, ugh.. so harsh but mostly true.

Jul 13, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #30,468 of 40,587
3 months and still listen to it everyday… can’t get enough. A lot better than the soulless stuff that 64 audio puts out 😉 the U12t didn’t last 3 weeks… don’t even get me started on Thummim 😂
Soulless and 64 audio, ugh.. so harsh but mostly true.
Ahem, some of us pay to be soulless

Fatiguing maybe if you listen to K-pop at volume 90 😂
K-pop is for Blon.

Jul 13, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #30,469 of 40,587
Jul 13, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #30,470 of 40,587
Jul 13, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #30,471 of 40,587
Yeh if only i could own both Odin and LX...
I was always one iem at the time guy. But this duet is really fantastic. They both got something very interesting to offer.

The only reason i did not dive for Odin earlier is that i would have like a bit more bass, coming from LX.
But now after auditioning it on SP2k it really shined. So decided to give it a shot.
I did not find it fatiguing to be honest i do like upper mid presence to be honest. What i cant stand is, in your face treble like that of Sultan. Odin nails it for me.

But even then. I have my doubt wether its a good decision to sell LX...

Jul 13, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #30,472 of 40,587
I was always one iem at the time guy. But this duet is really fantastic. They both got something very interesting to offer.

The only reason i did not dive for Odin earlier is that i would have like a bit more bass, coming from LX.
But now after auditioning it on SP2k it really shined. So decided to give it a shot.
I did not find it fatiguing to be honest i do like upper mid presence to be honest. What i cant stand is, in your face treble like that of Sultan. Odin nails it for me.

They are very complementary and competent so I can imagine how difficult it would be to only choose one… luckily I don’t have to make such a decision. Maybe one more audition will set the decision in your mind or put your mind at ease.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #30,473 of 40,587

Having owned both and used the Odin as collateral to obtain the Traillii, I can confidently say the contrast between the LX and Odin is greater than that of the Lx and Traillii. Without the obvious luscious and incredible LX bass, the Traillii and LX would be very very tonally similar for the most part. I do miss the contrast of the Odin , LX combo. Had to Frankenstein it a bit but.. ehemmm...

LXvBird.jpg

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #30,474 of 40,587
I have reached out to EE about maybe getting ANOTHER custom LX for the gym/fun home set. I’m not sure I can stomach the price difference between what I sold mine for and what I would have to pay to get another, the thought just upsets me 😓 those new continuum faceplates are damn sexy though.
The LX will cost you less than one of your fancy cables. Is it even a contest? And then you'll have another great IEM that demands a new cable. Feed the Kraken!
But even then. I have my
Stop right there. The first rule of LX is that you never sell LX. Learn from those that have done just that and cry salty tears every time they think about it.
Having owned both and used the Odin as collateral to obtain the Traillii, I can confidently say the contrast between the LX and Odin is greater than that of the Lx and Traillii. Without the obvious luscious and incredible LX bass, the Traillii and LX would be very very tonally similar for the most part. I do miss the contrast of the Odin , LX combo. Had to Frankenstein it a bit but.. ehemmm...

LXvBird.jpg
Spot on! I realise that a) I love that tuning profile, and b) contrast is overrated (hence Fourte sold). The IE 900 and even BLON 03 have a very similar tonality and tuning to LX, which explains why I instantly took to them. Why settle for anything less than what you really enjoy.

Jul 14, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #30,475 of 40,587
I recently listened to the Odin I owned, courtesy of the buyer (who is now also selling it by the way, it's in the classifieds for anyone interested in Europe). I was hoping that further burn in had tamed the upper mids. But it was still unlistenable for me, unfortunately. The bass is great, but the upper mids...

It's great that it works for you and many others. I guess it's a great iem for people who like this sound profile, but for someone who doesn't know his or her preferences very well yet, like was the case with me, I'd recommend to try before you buy... 😊

On a positive note, I'm glad I bought the LX back, it's here to stay this time. It's much more "soulless" I guess.. :)

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #30,476 of 40,587
I recently listened to the Odin I owned, courtesy of the buyer (who is now also selling it by the way, it's in the classifieds for anyone interested in Europe). I was hoping that further burn in had tamed the upper mids. But it was still unlistenable for me, unfortunately. The bass is great, but the upper mids...

It's great that it works for you and many others. I guess it's a great iem for people who like this sound profile, but for someone who doesn't know his or her preferences very well yet, like was the case with me, I'd recommend to try before you buy... 😊

On a positive note, I'm glad I bought the LX back, it's here to stay this time. It's much more "soulless" I guess.. :)
Anyone who calls the LX soulless is soulless. - gLer

Jul 14, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #30,477 of 40,587

LXvBird.jpg
Well if it was just about tonality than i think Odin would not have enough to sway me over from LX.
But Odins spacious, grand staging and air between notes is what really floors me. Even when comparing with LX, which already has massive soundstage and superb separation

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #30,478 of 40,587
4 months in the game with LX & ODIN and perfectly happy with the duo. The u12t lasted 2 weeks for me. Still I think It’s a very good IEM, but yes, lacking soul a little bit…

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #30,479 of 40,587
Well if it was just about tonality than i think Odin would not have enough to sway me over from LX.
But Odins spacious, grand staging and air between notes is what really floors me. Even when comparing with LX, which already has massive soundstage and superb separation
Yea you don't buy the Odin for tonality - heck after the Bird you don't keep it for the soundstage either! However the forward detail and that clean, sweet bass is more than enough to keep it as a 1-2 punch.

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #30,480 of 40,587
Stop right there. The first rule of LX is that you never sell LX. Learn from those that have done just that and cry salty tears every time they think about it.
Lol… This is true. Sigh.

Even though I still have LXSE, I miss the OG LX. But I’m going to try and have some self-control and wait for an LX mk2 🥲

Users who are viewing this thread

Back