Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 5, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #29,927 of 40,675
Gah those SEs really are sexy beasts. Man I really don’t need another IEM now, especially when trying to save. damn.
There's only one way to save... Delete your Head-Fi account :sweat_smile::sob:

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #29,928 of 40,675
I seriously need to unsubscribe from some threads (never this one though). It's not good for my sanity. Except I do that and then sneak peek Threads With Your Posts every other day. And I don't need anything! It's like being on a diet and sitting outside your favourite restaurant looking in. Incorrigible.

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #29,929 of 40,675
There's only one way to save... Delete your Head-Fi account :sweat_smile::sob:
Haha! I’ve had the notion of the DD ‘trifecta’ of the Z1R, Odin and LX and I think I may prefer the SE over the regular LX. This is why I will never get the Bird, too many distractions! Time to go look behind the couch me thinks and do some man math to see if I can swing one

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #29,930 of 40,675
Haha! I’ve had the notion of the DD ‘trifecta’ of the Z1R, Odin and LX and I think I may prefer the SE over the regular LX. This is why I will never get the Bird, too many distractions! Time to go look behind the couch me thinks and do some man math to see if I can swing one
If I ever got the Bird I would probably cancel my Head-Fi account. For no other reason than I would no longer be able to afford an Internet connection. Or food.

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #29,931 of 40,675
I did that. I have the Odin, Z1R and Custom LX. I went to see Empire Ears for an onsite visit and Josh cleverly suggested that I get a Custom LX and I did it. Really love that decision. The trifecta is a great and complementary trio of IEMs.

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #29,932 of 40,675
If I ever got the Bird I would probably cancel my Head-Fi account. For no other reason than I would no longer be able to afford an Internet connection. Or food.
I have faith someone will get to 97% of the Bird level sooner rather than later at under 2k. The TM Spark is the first contender.

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #29,933 of 40,675
I did that. I have the Odin, Z1R and Custom LX. I went to see Empire Ears for an onsite visit and Josh cleverly suggested that I get a Custom LX and I did it. Really love that decision. The trifecta is a great and complementary trio of IEMs.
....and now you have the Bird. If I’m following your trajectory I’m so screwed.

I can’t think of a reason to part with either Z1R or Odin. Both are damn good.

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #29,934 of 40,675
I love those IEM cases from Van Nuys. Someone mentioned that to purchase them you need to go through a freight forwarder. How does that work? I'd like to order one along with the C9 case.
I use Tenso (https://www.tenso.com/en). You make an account there, then they give you a Japanese address. Goto Vannuys website, and shop. Give them the Japanese address on checkout (you can use Google translate..I have an in-house translator). They ship item to Tenso (or whoever use for forwarding). Tenso will contact you to let you know they got the package, you set up the shipping address (I always use DHL), they ship it to you.

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #29,935 of 40,675

You are fine right there. I love both of those IEMs. You don't need anything else. When you are ready to add something, it will always be there.

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #29,936 of 40,675
I use Tenso (https://www.tenso.com/en). You make an account there, then they give you a Japanese address. Goto Vannuys website, and shop. Give them the Japanese address on checkout (you can use Google translate..I have an in-house translator). They ship item to Tenso (or whoever use for forwarding). Tenso will contact you to let you know they got the package, you set up the shipping address (I always use DHL), they ship it to you.
Thank you. I think i will try that

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #29,937 of 40,675
It’s a great trifecta :)

They all have the fundamental high quality DD sub bass, coupled with incredible mid bass and lower mids (LX), upper mids and treble (Odin & Z1R) plus they all have excellent technicalities.

The only thing I’d be concerned about is the pair up between LX & WM1A. But you have a W2 which pairs up well with LX :)

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #29,938 of 40,675
It’s a great trifecta :)

They all have the fundamental high quality DD sub bass, coupled with incredible mid bass and lower mids (LX), upper mids and treble (Odin & Z1R) plus they all have excellent technicalities.

The only thing I’d be concerned about is the pair up between LX & WM1A. But you have a W2 which pairs up well with LX :)
I'd have thought some tweaks to the 1A and to a brighter firmware like FEv2 would do the trick with the LX?

Anyway, I'm really not a hasty man, so going to think about it today!

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #29,939 of 40,675
I seriously need to unsubscribe from some threads (never this one though). It's not good for my sanity. Except I do that and then sneak peek Threads With Your Posts every other day. And I don't need anything! It's like being on a diet and sitting outside your favourite restaurant looking in. Incorrigible.
Hahaha I did that! But impossible to get out of 64a, EE and JH… hahaha… such a bunch of good guys around those.😁

always nice talks and experiences around here.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #29,940 of 40,675

That's the only downside of the Bird (for many, including myself). It requires you sacrifice everything else to enjoy its pleasures. I just can't bring myself to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back