Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 5, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #29,956 of 40,686
Easter egg! Thank you to all those who contributed to the extraordinary success of the Legend X SE. To commemorate the Legend's 3rd year anniversary the left faceplate will feature an exclusive Legend X "LX" logo.

'Love it, Jack; Louis Vuitton vibes. :wink: By the way, throwback to the A/VIII logo I made for my custom Athena-VIII ADEL's way back when:

Right - AV Guide.pngAthenaIdeal.png

I remember, for the artwork on the right, your team had to individually place every single gold leaf on the olive branch. Apologies for that. :D Brighter days, they were, but let's hope the world gets back to 'em soon.

Jun 5, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #29,957 of 40,686
Yeah true - WM1A’s more neutral tone might be enough to make all the difference.

My favourite would have to be AK SP2000. I'm a big fan of pairing LX with a more neutral or analytical toned source
I am just the opposite. I pair my LX with my darkest source to get those W9 subwoofers to fully fire and give me as much bass as possible to satisfy my basshead guilty pleasure. The LX do sound great with neutral source, but then its more like everything else that I have instead of the special monitor that it is.

Jun 5, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #29,958 of 40,686
I am just the opposite. I pair my LX with my darkest source to get those W9 subwoofers to fully fire and give me as much bass as possible to satisfy my basshead guilty pleasure. The LX do sound great with neutral source, but then its more like everything else that I have instead of the special monitor that it is.
Me too. N6II +E02

Jun 5, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #29,959 of 40,686
Easter egg! Thank you to all those who contributed to the extraordinary success of the Legend X SE. To commemorate the Legend's 3rd year anniversary the left faceplate will feature an exclusive Legend X "LX" logo.

IMG_5746-Edit.JPG
Of all my IEMs, my Empire Ears Odin get the most comments from people who don't know me. EE really knows how to make an IEM look great. Well done Jack.

Jun 5, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #29,960 of 40,686
Yeah true - WM1A’s more neutral tone might be enough to make all the difference.

My favourite would have to be AK SP2000. I'm a big fan of pairing LX with a more neutral or analytical toned source
Likewise. Even using the stock E tips on LX makes them too bassy and bloomy, with the cardinal sin of spilling into the mids. For me the LX is an incredible flagship performer if you get those woofers under control. That doesn't make them any less impressive, just gives the rest of the drivers a chance to shine, and it does this better than most other IEMs I've heard with a smoother, more organic tonality, gobs of detail and a super wide stage. Let the woofers go wild, and the stage shrinks, detail gets masked, and it's basically just doof doof all the way. Neutral/detailed source, detail-oriented wide bore tips and Cardas cable for me.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #29,961 of 40,686
Likewise. Even using the stock E tips on LX makes them too bassy and bloomy, with the cardinal sin of spilling into the mids. For me the LX is an incredible flagship performer if you get those woofers under control. That doesn't make them any less impressive, just gives the rest of the drivers a chance to shine, and it does this better than most other IEMs I've heard with a smoother, more organic tonality, gobs of detail and a super wide stage. Let the woofers go wild, and the stage shrinks, detail gets masked, and it's basically just doof doof all the way. Neutral/detailed source, detail-oriented wide bore tips and Cardas cable for me.
Completely agree that the bass needs to be under control for the LX to shine. When you do that, the stage opens up hugely as well.

Jun 5, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #29,962 of 40,686
That totally makes sense. I would probably do the same if I didn’t listen to so much electronic music. But I really need the mid bass controlled otherwise it just becomes fatiguing with the music I listen to.
Agreed! I use either Symbio Peels or Azla Sedna Light Shorts

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #29,964 of 40,686
Jun 5, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #29,965 of 40,686

Like-wise and even still its unlike anything ive heard before. I'm not saying its the best its just so very unique. Neutral source definitely puts it up there for technicalities.

It would be cool if someone puts the LX SE on a listening tour. Im real curious to hear it. I have a feeling i might like it more than the LX. Maybe CanJam?

Jun 5, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #29,968 of 40,686
spoiler alert - just like the OG LX SE :)
Maybe not. I heard there is new bone conduction properties in that LX Logo. :)

Jun 5, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #29,969 of 40,686
Giving myself time for cooling off today has cleared the mind and saved me from the brink. Going to hold off on the LXSE. I may regret it, but being responsible and all that.
I think you are fine. Given you have the Odin, you are probably better off with the standard LX because it is more different than the LXSE.

Jun 5, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #29,970 of 40,686
I think you are fine. Given you have the Odin, you are probably better off with the standard LX because it is more different than the LXSE.
I think you’re right. They don’t pop up that often in this side of the pond, but patience is a virtue, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back