Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 12, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #26,416 of 40,671
Christmas party? Passing around iem? Social distancing? Yikes!

I long for those days again.

Dec 14, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #26,421 of 40,671
Hello guys.

I'll buy a Empire Ears Odin and I want to use it with my iphone. Does anyone here use it with smartphones? I'm searching for a portable dac amp to use with it, so if anyone here have some recomendation, I apreciate.
I Just saw here in Head fi about the new Luxury & Precision W2 portable dac amp with 4.4mm output, waiting for release and some review and feedback about it.

Dec 14, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #26,422 of 40,671
Hello guys.

I'll buy a Empire Ears Odin and I want to use it with my iphone. Does anyone here use it with smartphones? I'm searching for a portable dac amp to use with it, so if anyone here have some recomendation, I apreciate.
I Just saw here in Head fi about the new Luxury & Precision W2 portable dac amp with 4.4mm output, waiting for release and some review and feedback about it.
Odin is easy to drive so should be fine out of an iPhone + dongle. The new LP w2/w1s look interesting so could be a nice way to up your portable setup. I'd also ask around to see if any Lotoo Paw S1 owners have tried the Odin for pairing synergy.

In short-Odin will be easy to drive but you will lose some of the technicalities that you get from better DACs, mainly in the detail retrieval and layering aspects. Enjoy!

Dec 14, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #26,423 of 40,671
Hello guys.

The EarMen Sparrow or Eagle are worth looking into as well.

Dec 14, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #26,424 of 40,671
Before it was:

Life Before Zeus & Life After Zeus

Now it's

Life Before Odin & Life After Odin

Really liking that refined upper mids too.

Dec 14, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #26,425 of 40,671
Hello guys.

iFi xDSD

Dec 14, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #26,427 of 40,671
Hello guys.

The L&P w2 does look interesting indeed. My paw S1 out of my iPhone has become by go-to source for the Odins. When I’m stationary, the hugo2 is better, but less convenient. I also occasionally listen to them out of my Sp1000m, which was choice #1 initially but to be totally frank, the difference in quality that I get from the S1 to the sp1000m is pretty negligible and the UX of my iPhone is far superior to the sp1000m. I use Amazon music HD, listening to ultra hd tracks as much a possible. I also have tidal, but prefer Amazon music hd both for interface and sound on most tracks.

Dec 15, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #26,430 of 40,671
The lotus paw S1 looks really good. I saw some reviews and as reported here in the head fi, they all praise the quality of this portable dac amp. I will wait for the release of the L&P w2, but I am almost buying the paw s1 based on reports about it. Does it come with usb-c to lightning cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back