Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 8, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #23,056 of 40,581
Aug 8, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #23,057 of 40,581
Pete, it’s good to have you back!
Cannot wait to hear from you how the sound evolves.

thanks Lorenzo. We still need to meet up in the city once We get Covid under control

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #23,062 of 40,581
Aug 8, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #23,063 of 40,581
Arrgghh just when I thought I’m totally content with my current lineup, @toranku‘s impressions make me craving for Odin (since normally it’s hard to impress him :relaxed: )

Our respective tastes seem to differ somewhat...but the Odin sounds nice (albeit priced well beyond me).

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #23,064 of 40,581
These are simply amazing so far. Nothing like I’ve heard in an IEM. Rich and detailed so far. Can’t wait for burn in.

these shells don’t need to break in. Comfy as heck. I was so scared as there is so much inside. I’m kind of shocked that they don’t feel big at all.
Oh, my wife loves the faceplates. Ther bravado’s are with clear crystals on the right and purple ones on left. Purple sparkle shells. When she says a plate is pretty, she means it lol. They are fun to look at under light. Like they are liquid.

Aug 8, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #23,065 of 40,581
Umm, last I checked, the Hero was introduced to be a budget friendly option. So I guess you must be talking about a difference fence. Additionally, I still stand by it sounding and looking better than the Khan. Safe bet for me.
I can believe a visual preference being imparted by pictures.

Have you listened to both IEMs?

Or is that “bet” also based on images? Or is it based on price and ‘new factor’? Or is it based on a specific (comparative) review?

Then, go back to what a fence symbolizes in such a construct: something new on the other side. It’s impossible for a headphone to be the “best”. This causes differentiation based on relative strengths (and weaknesses) between different implementations based on specific usages (and preferences). As this comparative (and subject) nature leads to no complete ordering, cycles of “best” are formed, often along lines of the ‘new factor’.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #23,068 of 40,581
Aug 8, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #23,070 of 40,581
Odin seems like an improved Zeus XR - Better bass (DD) , probably better highs (estat) , and @twister6 also mentioned that mids sound zeus-like , and it also plays well with every genre (just like Zeus XR does)

and if you sell the cable , Odin price falls to Zeus XR levels , so this feels like a bargain to me

This is the first iem that has really piqued my interest , since i got Zeus XR (back in 2017)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back