Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #22,711 of 40,577
Hmm, recessed mids supposedly and very source dependent. Also many mistakes in that article. Headfonia was far off the mark on the Nio and others I've gotten that I've seen them review. I wonder how far off the mark they are on Odin because I'm definitely wanting beautiful clean mids and well presented not recessed.
Also says theyve got tip rolling and insertion issues.

Edit - But seeing Odin has vent holes is good in my mind, I was asking for that earlier before release. At least to some extent to help ears
I’m a big fan of mids too. I can’t listen to any signature even remotely close to the LX. That doesn’t sound high end to me. Just my personal preference.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #22,712 of 40,577
Hmm, recessed mids supposedly and very source dependent. Also many mistakes in that article. Headfonia was far off the mark on the Nio and others I've gotten that I've seen them review. I wonder how far off the mark they are on Odin because I'm definitely wanting beautiful clean mids and well presented not recessed.
Also says theyve got tip rolling and insertion issues.

Edit - But seeing Odin has vent holes is good in my mind, I was asking for that earlier before release. At least to some extent to help ears
Yeah after the Nio review, I got my doubts.

you and me in the same boat 😭 still can't wait to demo nonetheless. Damn, "if only I waited another year," right?
On my second u12t, actually downsized my setup in Feburary since the Software Dev market wasn't that great, When CERB got announced, I used part of it to rebuild what I sold off at a lower cost/perf ratio. If Odin was announced say 3 and half months, I easily would have commited to it over the u12t. I'm on the last period of it this month and everything else is being used to pad my savings from the hit if a second wave hits. That said I'm hustling down to Hfs for a demo once Charles says he has them. If anything, I might go for Hero and then pocket the extra I make from the u12t.

Count me in, my photography business isn't doing well at all. The industry took quite a big hit.
We can be glad that we're not as worse off as other professions. But life has been horrible and good music off good gear has been keeping me sane. Sigh.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #22,714 of 40,577
Any chance the Odin can be sold without the PW branded Cardas Clear Light? Already have Cardas Cables, just want the iem.
Should be able to. When Valkyrie was new I asked the same question about the Eros II cable because I already had one. The difference was $145, which if I recall correctly was half the MSRP of the cable. Not so say that’s what would happen with the PW cable or if they’d still offer to sell it without.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #22,716 of 40,577
Yeah after the Nio review, I got my doubts.

On my second u12t, actually downsized my setup in Feburary since the Software Dev market wasn't that great, When CERB got announced, I used part of it to rebuild what I sold off at a lower cost/perf ratio. If Odin was announced say 3 and half months, I easily would have commited to it over the u12t. I'm on the last period of it this month and everything else is being used to pad my savings from the hit if a second wave hits. That said I'm hustling down to Hfs for a demo once Charles says he has them. If anything, I might go for Hero and then pocket the extra I make from the u12t.

We can be glad that we're not as worse off as other professions. But life has been horrible and good music off good gear has been keeping me sane. Sigh.
That’s what keeps me ticking every single day.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #22,717 of 40,577
Cable comes with. Doubt they'd sell it without. A good lightly-used 1960 2-wire would get you $800 here on the For Sale thread. A unused one might get you a bit higher.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #22,720 of 40,577
Should be able to. When Valkyrie was new I asked the same question about the Eros II cable because I already had one. The difference was $145, which if I recall correctly was half the MSRP of the cable. Not so say that’s what would happen with the PW cable or if they’d still offer to sell it without.
Doesn't look like it, Jack confirmed that the cable cost was factored into the MRSP. Might be a bit much to offer it without the cable since it was customized for the pairing.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #22,721 of 40,577
Well either way I'll be patiently waiting for custom form factor and the cash needed to purchase a unit :p
You mean waiting for a new line and then getting the Odin dealer unit off Charles? That's how I saved a mountain on my Zeus R.

Also he's been trying to convince me to buy another Valk :p

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #22,725 of 40,577
It’s a shame this won’t be “auditionable” in the UK, really interested in hearing it. Bold move with the simultaneous Hero release too. I’ll have to wait until CanJam 2021 I think. No great hardship, I’ll be able to chat to Josh again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back