Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #22,696 of 40,593
Wow, that is some cable assortment! I wouldn’t even want to guess the value of that inventory.
A8485F05-F599-4D69-A7AD-7880420C1707.gif

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #22,697 of 40,593
Dean's cable assortment looks like my tips assortment. Costs more, though:)

Riverground - So glad I retired from photography (after 30 years) and became a teacher 22 years ago. I'm getting paid to teach from home, so other than having to learn new tech, and having a bit less fun (most of us like working with kids in person) it's not so bad. My district in CA looks to be planning a year of distance learning. We shall see what happens next year. Photography must be a pain right now, my heart goes out to you. Never easy to begin with, and now this.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #22,700 of 40,593
Actually, Nemesis has a bit more subbass than Lx which has a bit more midbass

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #22,702 of 40,593
Dean's cable assortment looks like my tips assortment. Costs more, though:)

Riverground - So glad I retired from photography (after 30 years) and became a teacher 22 years ago. I'm getting paid to teach from home, so other than having to learn new tech, and having a bit less fun (most of us like working with kids in person) it's not so bad. My district in CA looks to be planning a year of distance learning. We shall see what happens next year. Photography must be a pain right now, my heart goes out to you. Never easy to begin with, and now this.
That's really cool to know man!
I hope things go well for you! Teachers are sooooo underrated.
And thank you! I'm trying to keep a positive outlook after things calm down even more. Hope I could do more shoots soon so I could afford more toys lol

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #22,703 of 40,593
Wellp.

Side note, I'll be demoing Odin soon as local rep gets stock thankfully. See how the cable stacks up. I'm not a fan of 2.5mm but if there's a good adapter anyone can recommend to 4.4mm maybe it won't be too much of a detractor for me. Is Empire releasing a adapter specifically for Odin cable or just one they have already?

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #22,704 of 40,593
Wellp.

Side note, I'll be demoing Odin soon as local rep gets stock thankfully. See how the cable stacks up. I'm not a fan of 2.5mm but if there's a good adapter anyone can recommend to 4.4mm maybe it won't be too much of a detractor for me. Is Empire releasing a adapter specifically for Odin cable or just one they have already?

Good question on the adapter.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #22,705 of 40,593
My wife loves the look of Odin! She thinks Hero wording is hard to see on the darker swirled shell.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #22,706 of 40,593
Good question on the adapter.
It sounds like yes.
From the official EE description:
”Stormbreaker is a standard equipped with a CNC silver Valknut y-split featuring a .78 2-pin connector with a 2.5mm balanced termination. 2.5mm to 3.5mm & 4.4mm Empire adapters are available.“

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #22,707 of 40,593
My wife loves the look of Odin! She thinks Hero wording is hard to see on the darker swirled shell.

If it's metallic like all their other logos, it should glimmer and sheen in light while the rest of the faceplate is more of a gloss-matte. Personally, I prefer that sorta-camouflage effect where the logo reveals itself, rather than a louder, gold logo. There's also the fact that they've already done that black/white/gold scheme on the Merlin.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #22,709 of 40,593
Aug 3, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #22,710 of 40,593
New review. I don’t know if this was mentioned yet.
https://www.headfonia.com/empire-ears-odin-review/

Hmm, recessed mids supposedly and very source dependent. Also many mistakes in that article. Headfonia was far off the mark on the Nio and others I've gotten that I've seen them review. I wonder how far off the mark they are on Odin because I'm definitely wanting beautiful clean mids and well presented not recessed.
Also says theyve got tip rolling and insertion issues.

Edit - But seeing Odin has vent holes is good in my mind, I was asking for that earlier before release. At least to some extent to help ears

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back