Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 3, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #17,296 of 40,676
Crashing this thread again momentarily to ask for some cable advice - I am not a fan of the Effect Audio Ares II largely due to fit and comfort around my ear and the 3.5mm jack being oddly loose fit with my Samsung GS8. It falls out very easily and I am looking for something with slightly wider jack.

Does anyone have recommendations for cables that work with the recessed connection needed for EE CIEMs that are super soft and supple but nor overly thick? Chin slider is a must. Copper or a copper/silver blend would be ideal. Budget wise I'd like to stay around $100.

Thank you for your help!

I have been using Triton Audio Cable for awhile but not for CIEMs. David makes pretty decent cables with reasonable prices.
http://tritonaudiocables.com/

Mar 3, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #17,297 of 40,676
I have been using Triton Audio Cable for awhile but not for CIEMs. David makes pretty decent cables with reasonable prices.
http://tritonaudiocables.com/

I can second this, I have the Triton8 hybrid and it sounds amazing and has great comfort. Microphonics are pretty bad, but it may not bother you.

I'm actually considering selling mine since I upgraded to the Janus D.

Mar 3, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #17,300 of 40,676
Crashing this thread again momentarily to ask for some cable advice - I am not a fan of the Effect Audio Ares II largely due to fit and comfort around my ear and the 3.5mm jack being oddly loose fit with my Samsung GS8. It falls out very easily and I am looking for something with slightly wider jack.

Does anyone have recommendations for cables that work with the recessed connection needed for EE CIEMs that are super soft and supple but nor overly thick? Chin slider is a must. Copper or a copper/silver blend would be ideal. Budget wise I'd like to stay around $100.

Thank you for your help!

Ares II has one of the better confort around ear in my experience - no hard memory loops, it seems you may need to look at super thin cables such as linum cable:
https://www.earphonesolutions.com/u...inum-cable-with-mmcx-or-2-pin-connectors.html

or you can try the noble cable (ultra thin) cable for your company (Nobel Audio), listed on the website for $80, employee discount should bring that down a bit. It was nice, I remember removing the memory wire part, but 3.5mm connector had problems after a year.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #17,302 of 40,676
Since K10 already an awesome piece, it will be quite a challenge to have something come close (assuming similar pricing).

You may wanna try out the X line, with dynamic instead of BA type bass.

Either Phantom or the LX.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #17,307 of 40,676
Mar 6, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #17,309 of 40,676
Hi all,

Think it’s time for me to upgrade my K10s that I got over two years ago. I’m looking for some strong bass and mids. What EE monitor would suit me best?

I'm going to PM you as well, but I think the Vantage may be a great fit for what you're looking for. It's the most mid-forward signature of the X Series, and has 2 of our 9mm dynamic drivers which hit pretty hard in terms of bass. I say mid-forward, but I don't want that to scare you away as that's in comparison to the rest of the X Series. It isn't overwhelming at all and, honestly, the Vantage is soooo smooth and easy to listen to. It's a hidden gem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back