Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 10, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #17,326 of 40,606
I would love a sp1000m but I need full android to stream not only tidal but also apple music and spotify :) Phantom with Leo II should be a wonderful pairing from the feedbacks I got. Anyway your former LX will be in good hands :wink:

Oh as i remember Eros II 8 wire and Phantom seems to be a great synergy.
Janus D could be another nice option :)

... You'll love the LX for sure. And Lionheart is a nice cable btw.

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #17,328 of 40,606
Just returned from Tokyo, and while there I took time to check out some local audio shops. Yodobashi camera had a great selection of high-end audio gear, including cables and IEMs. The E-earphone shop in Akihabara area was great, lots of high-end gear (headphones, IEMs, cables, and accessories) from many companies, including Empire Ears. Here's a picture of the Empire Ears display:

EE at E-earphone Tokyo.jpg

Mar 12, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #17,329 of 40,606
Just returned from Tokyo, and while there I took time to check out some local audio shops. Yodobashi camera had a great selection of high-end audio gear, including cables and IEMs. The E-earphone shop in Akihabara area was great, lots of high-end gear (headphones, IEMs, cables, and accessories) from many companies, including Empire Ears. Here's a picture of the Empire Ears display:

Phantom were sold out?:) Or if someone stole them, I can see why:p

Mar 12, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #17,331 of 40,606
I currently have both along with the u18t and phantom. To my ears , the x have more visceral strength - you can feel the bass. They go deeper but are a little slower and slightly less texture. The u12t seem to lose out on impact but pick up more of the texture and quickness. Both are very pleasing and very well tuned. Just depends on your personal preference on bass - deep, big and slightly wooly vs fast, textured

Mar 12, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #17,332 of 40,606
I currently have both along with the u18t and phantom. To my ears , the x have more visceral strength - you can feel the bass. They go deeper but are a little slower and slightly less texture. The u12t seem to lose out on impact but pick up more of the texture and quickness. Both are very pleasing and very well tuned. Just depends on your personal preference on bass - deep, big and slightly wooly vs fast, textured

Appreciate the comparison! Other than bass, are both IEMs relatively similar in the mids/treble? Also, how does the Phantom compare to the u12t?

Mar 12, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #17,333 of 40,606
Mids are little cleaner and leaner on the x. Gives more separation between bass and lower mids. The treble is close on both. Sound stage is a little deeper on the x to my ears but both offer a very big, realistic stage. The phantoms are lener in bass but much thicker on the mids presenting as a truer texture. Also they are more intimate , closer to the stage but a little
Smaller all the way around. I find the phantom to be my least favorite right now and find myself gravitating toward the x and thenu18t

Mar 12, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #17,334 of 40,606
Phantom were sold out?:) Or if someone stole them, I can see why:p

Phantoms and Bravado were both sold out. IEMs are "big" in Tokyo, as well as old fashioned CDs. Went to Tower Records and found CDs that we just can't get here in the US, and both several. Looking forward to ripping them and listening on my gear - SP1000M with my upcoming Phantoms.

FYI, the other IEM manufacturers had similar setups, so it's easy to try out gear, and the same with cables such as Effect Audio.

Mar 13, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #17,335 of 40,606
Basically my end game.The space in the middle will be for the new dap :)
39C43A33-DAB1-4E8F-823B-AC1FFDA60BC3.jpeg

Mar 13, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #17,339 of 40,606
It is really hard for me to describe the sound and the difference between the AK380 and SP1000.
More punch maybe? in SP1000. Increased soundstage?

Not a night and day difference for me, but I decided to stay with SP1000 and let AK380 go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back