Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 16, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #17,356 of 40,559
Don't get me wrong, my Phantom are still my babies (especially with Leo II). Still curious what exactly it was.

Thanks Daniel! Thought as much, but there was still this little voice in my head because we had that conversation in the shootout thread about what a DD in the Phantom would do if the tuning was kept the same. You know, the usual higher audiophile philosophy. :D

Now will you stop teasing all the time. You are way too well-informed. :p

Single DD in a Phantom? Well it would become the Legend X Lite of course. :)

-Collin-

Mar 16, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #17,357 of 40,559
Single DD in a Phantom? Well it would become the Legend X Lite of course. :)

-Collin-
True, and then I would be disappointed because I don't want Legend X to be "Lite". I loved the physicality of them too much. Nothing quite like that swift, thumping Legend X kick... *drools* :D

Mar 16, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #17,358 of 40,559
p.s. Apologies for my lack of presence on Head-Fi lately. Dean and I have been locked away feverishly working on "something" special so please stay tuned. We hear you and we know the expectations are extremely high so you betchurazz we're going to deliver. I'm also glad to see that General @Devon Higgins has been holdin' down the fort well. She's a real superstar and we got lucky!

.... working on "something", i see...

giphy.gif

... this so called "something"... when will this come out :)

Mar 18, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #17,360 of 40,559
It brings me great pleasure to be able to present to you all... my custom Nemesis (Nemesii? Lol) :sob:
These bad boys are 75% black glitter, 25% green glitter and 100% stunning.
7wjApYg.jpg
Wow, look at those! That green works really well!
tenor.gif

Mar 18, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #17,364 of 40,559
It brings me great pleasure to be able to present to you all... my custom Nemesis (Nemesii? Lol) :sob:
These bad boys are 75% black glitter, 25% green glitter and 100% stunning.
7wjApYg.jpg

More people should have the Nemesis, especially when they look that good. Still amazed it doesn't get more love on here - they were my favourite out of the entire lineup at Canjam London. Awesome sounding IEMs.

@Jack Vang - it's just not fair to tease people like that, by the way. Sure whatever you and Dean have been cooking up will be something pretty cool, though - anyone willing to run a book on what it is?

My guess is a set of EE over-ears, or a quad-hybrid IEM (DD, BA, e-stat and ceramic). Or possibly zero-calorie beer. I'm probably pretty far off-beam, though! :wink:

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #17,365 of 40,559
More people should have the Nemesis, especially when they look that good. Still amazed it doesn't get more love on here - they were my favourite out of the entire lineup at Canjam London. Awesome sounding IEMs.

@Jack Vang - it's just not fair to tease people like that, by the way. Sure whatever you and Dean have been cooking up will be something pretty cool, though - anyone willing to run a book on what it is?

My guess is a set of EE over-ears, or a quad-hybrid IEM (DD, BA, e-stat and ceramic). Or possibly zero-calorie beer. I'm probably pretty far off-beam, though! :wink:
I can just see Jack's response now... "Damn it Jackpot, how did you know?! Those headphones are still under embargo!" :sweat_smile:

How about open-back planar IEMs? No wait... scratch that, I would like to hang on to my last remaining kidney. :p

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #17,367 of 40,559
I can just see Jack's response now... "Damn it Jackpot, how did you know?! Those headphones are still under embargo!" :sweat_smile:

How about open-back planar IEMs? No wait... scratch that, I would like to hang on to my last remaining kidney. :p

The joy of being chronically ill informed is that you are unencumbered by reality when making guesses. :wink:

With that in mind, I want to revise my guess on the in ears: penta-hybrid, with DD bass, planar and BA midrange, e-stat and ceramic in the highs. 11-way Synx crossover. Only available for customers with ears like an elephant. :wink:

On a serious note, an EE over ear would be AWESOME. Let's keep hoping!

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #17,368 of 40,559
What about something less crazy... like a Legend XR? A triple hybrid would be cool too though... like 2 W9s, 4 BAs, and 2 Sonion EST?

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #17,369 of 40,559
What about something less crazy... like a Legend XR? A triple hybrid would be cool too though... like 2 W9s, 4 BAs, and 2 Sonion EST?

Something less crazy? How about a W9 dual dynamic driver IEM (again, just a wild guess, people!)? I know Jack and Dean were playing around with DDs to see what high frequencies they could get back when they started looking at developing their own drivers. So many possibilities!

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #17,370 of 40,559

Was chatting to another manufacturer the other day who works with EST drivers, and they said the hardest thing with incorporating those in a hybrid IEMBis the comparative output levels. Sounds like the EST can be drowned out by the other drivers unless you get the design right. Sure that wouldn't be a problem for the EE crew, but it was an interesting observation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back