Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 29, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #17,057 of 40,629
Has anyone reterminated the btg starlight to balanced? I'm thinking of reterminating mine since i have 2 sets. I like its sound but not sure if it will improve once i go balanced. TIA!

I'm considering this route since its the most inexpensive form of "upgrading" my cable. All the cables that i like are way too expensive (OC Studio montana @ $500 and Effect Audio Leonidas @ $800).

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #17,058 of 40,629
Just drop by Euphoria Audio/Effect Audio for polishing my legend x and phantoms.

The nano glass coating is truly excellent! My CIEMs looks better than when it was new! Some pictures below

R4YcyqS.jpg

More in album below
Empire Ears Legend X & Phantom https://imgur.com/gallery/u9lRfvC

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #17,059 of 40,629
Jan 2, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #17,060 of 40,629
Just bit the bullet for the Bravado. Not yet the audiophile but needed(wanted) a stage iem that i can use daily and enjoy a good bass and i've heard many amazing things about EE so decided to go with the Bravado. Used to have the shure SE215 as my stage monitors until it went bad. Hoping these are a substantial upgrade over those.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #17,063 of 40,629
So crinacle just dropped the Zeus XRA down from S to A+. Never got a response so I figure I ask here, are there FR graphs for the non-ADEL variants and how much of a diference are between the 2?

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #17,064 of 40,629
Will a hybrid have enough isolation for you though if you intend to use it on stage?

We actually have a decent amount of musicians that use our universal fit monitors (X Series included) and find that it's plenty of isolation for stage-use. Of course, universal fit is strongly dependent on your ear anatomy, tip size and seal, so it'll be different for everyone!

Just drop by Euphoria Audio/Effect Audio for polishing my legend x and phantoms.

The nano glass coating is truly excellent! My CIEMs looks better than when it was new! Some pictures below

R4YcyqS.jpg

More in album below
Empire Ears Legend X & Phantom https://imgur.com/gallery/u9lRfvC

So shiny! Beautiful pics (and monitors) :wink:

Guys,
I just post a small review pairing for Phantom with Effect Audio Lionheart on my own free time. Feel free to go read it and let me know what your thoughts! thanks!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/effect-audio-lionheart.22371/reviews#review-21394

I'm glad to hear you found a cable that you absolutely love with the Phantom. Also, Ola Gjeilo's arrangement of Ubi Caritas is definitely one of my favorites. I've performed it a few times in choir and absolutely both the a capella and accompanied arrangement. Nice choice! :wink:

Jan 3, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #17,065 of 40,629
So crinacle just dropped the Zeus XRA down from S to A+. Never got a response so I figure I ask here, are there FR graphs for the non-ADEL variants and how much of a diference are between the 2?
I'd also like to know why... During the recent audio meet, there were alot of totl iems and got to try them (ve8, qdc lx, flamenco, erlkonig, etc.) but nothing really stood out that much when i pinned them down with my zeus xiv, they were okay at best tbh...

Jan 4, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #17,066 of 40,629

I've noted the differences between the two many, many times in the past. Most of them lie outside of what FR graphs can tell you (particularly in imaging, resolution, coherence, realism, etc.), so you're better off giving the Search function a work-out and going through the archives, my friend. :p

Jan 4, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #17,067 of 40,629
Crinacle structures his list based on technical ability not so much preference or good/bad

Jan 4, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #17,069 of 40,629
I've noted the differences between the two many, many times in the past. Most of them lie outside of what FR graphs can tell you (particularly in imaging, resolution, coherence, realism, etc.), so you're better off giving the Search function a work-out and going through the archives, my friend. :p
DOH, thanks for the reminder Daniel, quick search and now I remember that I was in the middle of that discussion before I bought my non-Adel R.

Crinacle structures his list based on technical ability not so much preference or good/bad
The current reason is that the tonality is off which sounds like preference to me, which ,makes me wonder how non-Adel would square.

Jan 4, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #17,070 of 40,629
I'd also like to know why... During the recent audio meet, there were alot of totl iems and got to try them (ve8, qdc lx, flamenco, erlkonig, etc.) but nothing really stood out that much when i pinned them down with my zeus xiv, they were okay at best tbh...
Exactly what i felt when I tried other iems at Canjam Singapore last year, comparing from my Zeus-r...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back