Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 21, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #17,026 of 40,353
Hey guys, I'm on the fence between the Nemesis and the Atlas, I'm a bit of a base head and like alot of edm, rock, rap, and some country (who doesn't love Florida Georgia Line) and currently am running fh5s and it just isn't cutting it. I can get the atlas for 999 and the nemesis for 1450 both new from dealer, from ppl with experience which would be a better buy?

Dec 21, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #17,028 of 40,353
The nemesis is very good , crossing the big thump of the bravado and the weight of the phantom. I thoroughly enjoyed the week that I had with them. So great big bass that would hit you in the gut and nice vocals with realistic weight and a pleasing top end that was delivered just right for my ears
I would agree with this, I have both and greatly prefer the nemesis.

Dec 21, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #17,029 of 40,353
So you think its worth spending the extra 450?

Dec 21, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #17,031 of 40,353
@Devon Higgins i must say that i like how you seem genuinely interested and willing to help in this community , maybe i am wrong (but probably not, as i am a very good judge of characters) but you seem really happy and eager to help , and not just showing off some faux salesman's happy face

also kudos to @Jack Vang for not being arrogant/overhyping his products/trying to convince people to buy his products , as i have seen some other ceo repeatedly doing in his company's thread (no names needed , smart people will dot the i's and cross the t's)

the again , some people have faith in their products so no need to show arrogance/insecurity , right ?

cheers

Couldn't have said it better myself @proedros! Devon is one of my inspirations for when it comes to my process working with the community as part of the Noble team. I've watched with great respect from the outside, and now get to be a part of the industry I love so much.

If you talked to me a month ago, I never would have believed I would eventually get this opportunity and now it's about making the most of it.

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #17,032 of 40,353
@Devon Higgins i must say that i like how you seem genuinely interested and willing to help in this community , maybe i am wrong (but probably not, as i am a very good judge of characters) but you seem really happy and eager to help , and not just showing off some faux salesman's happy face

Couldn't have said it better myself @proedros! Devon is one of my inspirations for when it comes to my process working with the community as part of the Noble team. I've watched with great respect from the outside, and now get to be a part of the industry I love so much.

If you talked to me a month ago, I never would have believed I would eventually get this opportunity and now it's about making the most of it.

D'awwww!! Thank you both so much for the kind words -- I do enjoy being a part of this community and being helpful in any way that I can be. I'm glad that is comes across as genuine because... it is. :) Much love!

:christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

On another note, I'll probably be a bit quiet over our holiday break through the 2nd on January, so please allow some extra time for me to answer any PMs or questions! I'll be checking in periodically, but won't be operating at 100% until I'm back in the office.

I hope you all have an amazing holiday season and thank you all for being a part of the Empire Family. Y'all are the besssst! <3

Dec 22, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #17,033 of 40,353
20181222_155045.jpg

Zeus sounds so good with so many cables (Lionheart, Leo II, Tri-Copper L-R) my plan to find the perfect cable has failed miserably and I now have 3 cables that sound equally good in different ways in this pair up. I use to think that I just needed that cable that did A, B, C and I would be happy, but now Im finding that mood also brings some nuances into it as well, I'm not sure if there truly is a perfect cable pairing but rather which elements you want a focus on at a given moment. Though I wish EA's 2 pins werent so tight...

Send Halp plz (Or a Phantom :p)

Dec 23, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #17,034 of 40,353
Zeus sounds so good with so many cables (Lionheart, Leo II, Tri-Copper L-R) my plan to find the perfect cable has failed miserably and I now have 3 cables that sound equally good in different ways in this pair up. I use to think that I just needed that cable that did A, B, C and I would be happy, but now Im finding that mood also brings some nuances into it as well, I'm not sure if there truly is a perfect cable pairing but rather which elements you want a focus on at a given moment. Though I wish EA's 2 pins werent so tight...

indeed - i had my Zeus XR paired with Lionheart(4w) which sounded nice, and switched today back to aresii (8w) and i find Zeus sounding as good (if not better)

that's one of the the great things about Zeus , you don't need a 1000$ cable to enjoy it

i thin that ares ii makes Zeus sounds clearer but not in a bad way , also i feel like the bass goes deeper with ares - a more transparent presentation

for the price a great cable - and without having to sell an arm and a leg for it

i am also expecting my Eos back so i will also have 3 cables that make Zeus sound good , all in their different way - and i keep bot

h arms/legs so win/win

Dec 24, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #17,037 of 40,353
Hey guys, I'm on the fence between the Nemesis and the Atlas, I'm a bit of a base head and like alot of edm, rock, rap, and some country (who doesn't love Florida Georgia Line) and currently am running fh5s and it just isn't cutting it. I can get the atlas for 999 and the nemesis for 1450 both new from dealer, from ppl with experience which would be a better buy?

I have plenty of experience with both and it's a no brainer. Go the Nemesis! The bass is cleaner whilst still retaining the bass extension, and the Nemesis don't suffer from being heavy and un-comfortable in the ear as well as the known issue of the driver ceasing to work when the IEM is placed in the ear which is it's intended position right? The Atlas has that bad design down to a tee!

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #17,039 of 40,353
I have plenty of experience with both and it's a no brainer. Go the Nemesis! The bass is cleaner whilst still retaining the bass extension, and the Nemesis don't suffer from being heavy and un-comfortable in the ear as well as the known issue of the driver ceasing to work when the IEM is placed in the ear which is it's intended position right? The Atlas has that bad design down to a tee!
Perfect! I got my order going in on the 3rd, pretty pumped!

Dec 24, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #17,040 of 40,353
20181224_134512.jpg

Got this bad boy today. Despite reports of hissing on the Phantom, I was simply unable to make it hiss on Zeus at all without resorting to a couple tracks where there was recorded hiss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back