Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 7, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #16,696 of 40,579
Good luck with USPS expedite to Canada. :worried:
It's already in Canada, got here the morning of the 3rd, should have gotten here by the 6th assuming a day each to sort and clear customs.

But our postal service has been doing rotating strikes country wide for 48 hours at a time and it looks like customs is dragging their feet. It sat there till yesterday morning smh.

Oh did I mention that theres a 150 mail truck backlog now?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #16,697 of 40,579
No idea I'm afraid. All I know is that after 2 audiologists and 3 (!) different companies (including EE) I still wasn't able to get a decent fit or seal, and reluctantly decided to call it a day for now. Which is a bit of a bummer for me as I work in a loud environment and need good isolation. I wouldn't let my experience put you off though. Most people seem to have a positive experience and Empire Ears will certainly make sure you are in good hands. Best advice I can give is go to a decent audiologist to start with. A good set of impressions are half the battle. If you are in the states give them a shout and I'm sure that they will recommend you someone near you.

Good luck!

Will the audiologist be able to tell you which tips you need?

Nov 9, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #16,698 of 40,579
just a shout out to @Jack Vang and the amazing team of EE, your Legend X just keeps putting huge smiles on my face, its a masterpiece tuned by the best of the best, when I listen to music with LX I just remember how I started with cheap iems and how I transitioned to a bliss of sound. LX and an ak dap were with me in the hospital when i broke my knee, and kept my thoughts away from the pain I had after a knee surgery .

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #16,699 of 40,579
just a shout out to @Jack Vang man your Legend X just keeps putting huge simples on my face, its a masterpiece tuned by the best of the best, when I listen to music with LX I just remember how I started with cheap iems and how I transitioned to a bliss of sound. LX and an ak dap were with me in the hospital when i broke my knee and kept my thoughts away from the pain I had after a knee surgery .

Gentle reminder that as pivotal as Jack is to EE, the man behind their IEMs is almost entirely Dean Vang. Jack has near-single-handedly brought EE to the big leagues, but his efforts would be for naught if it weren’t for Dean and his team’s masterful skill. :wink:

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #16,700 of 40,579
Gentle reminder that as pivotal as Jack is to EE, the man behind their IEMs is almost entirely Dean Vang. Jack has near-single-handedly brought EE to the big leagues, but his efforts would be for naught if it weren’t for Dean and his team’s masterful skill. :wink:

Yes- Dean, our production manager, and all of our lab technicians deserve like 50 rounds of applause and a year long vacation. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #16,701 of 40,579
Yes- Dean, our production manager, and all of our lab technicians deserve like 50 rounds of applause and a year long vacation. :ksc75smile:

Just think of the turn around time if they did that though!

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #16,702 of 40,579
just a shout out to @Jack Vang and the amazing team of EE, your Legend X just keeps putting huge simples on my face, its a masterpiece tuned by the best of the best, when I listen to music with LX I just remember how I started with cheap iems and how I transitioned to a bliss of sound. LX and an ak dap were with me in the hospital when i broke my knee and kept my thoughts away from the pain I had after a knee surgery .

Ouch! As someone who has knee surgery a long time ago (right knee kept dislocating) all I had in those day's was a walkman and a few well worn cassettes! Times certainly have moved on.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #16,703 of 40,579
Man the Legend X is truly special. I bought a Solaris this week to complement the Legend X and sold it a day after due to fit issues, and while it sounded great, I could not help but feel it sounded so boring. The Legend X makes everything sound fun and alive while still maintaining qualities of some of the most transparent IEMs I’ve heard. The only thing I could ask for is maybbeee a treble and mids increase without any reduction to bass.

So on that note, cable recommendations? I have the PW Audio tour kit arriving shortly so I can demo those.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #16,704 of 40,579
20181109_215730.jpg

New toys for my Zeus R. I didnt think it could sound any better, but after hearing it in 2.5 balanced.... It's not reliquishing it's throne anytime soon unless Dean and his team surpasses it.

So far Ive only used Tri-Copper and I gotta say it certainly sounds similar to Lionheart, bit less syrupy in the vocals, but gives a Aries II kinda feel with excellent sub-bass extension. Feeling that oomph now and Im not inclined to try the cooler GPS.

Maybe GPS will fit into a pair of Phantom come Black Friday after all. Psssst @Devon Higgins any word on a Black Friday sale at Empire? :wink:

Nov 10, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #16,706 of 40,579
Man the Legend X is truly special. I bought a Solaris this week to complement the Legend X and sold it a day after due to fit issues, and while it sounded great, I could not help but feel it sounded so boring. The Legend X makes everything sound fun and alive while still maintaining qualities of some of the most transparent IEMs I’ve heard. The only thing I could ask for is maybbeee a treble and mids increase without any reduction to bass.

Yep same here, I use the Legend X since it entered in our home... never used any other in-ear since then.
A truly amazing IEM, I love it!!

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #16,708 of 40,579
Who's picking up a EE CIEM during black friday? I will hopefully be! I love my Spartans so much I'm going to be getting my first CIEM with them. Hopefully, my Spartans will be going to a loving home as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back