Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #16,726 of 40,559
With an AK there is a difference, but it's not mind bending. An improvement, yes. Night and day, no. Bit wider soundstage and a bit more apparent clarity. I had a Pono, and that one in balanced was quite a bit better. But that is how it was designed.
Kind of miss PONO...shame it didn't have staying power.

Nov 13, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #16,727 of 40,559
8cm8divtj3y11.jpg

Just like to share this perfect pairing <3 Zeus-XIV+WM1A (via direct)

At first i didnt like it but after i changed the tips to spinfits oh boy did it shine! No more was the rolled off treble and the weird pressure build up. It sounds very holographic now (to the point where i even questioned my hearing...) mids (oddly enough) sounds thicker, smoother compared to the half-thick/thin before. Bass, now hits with even more conviction than before. Timbre also improved! It now sounds even more convincing (much more realistic than ever). It may just be my head since before truly appreciating the zeus, i almost decided to sell it. Either way it's now my daily iems.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #16,729 of 40,559
So I'm not what happened to my Tri-Copper, managed to mangle the heat shrink on both connectors and had to remove it. There looks to be adhesive on the top of the connector to secure the heatshrink, but the look bothers me now. Guess Zeus will be trying out 2.5 mm Lionheart now.

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #16,730 of 40,559
Tri-Copper will most likely go to my sister. She gave me a "what are you obsessing about" look when I showed her. Good match with Spartan methinks. Still feel that Lionheart is slightly better with Zeus.

@Colors
Charles just listed an AK SP1000 SS @3500 cash on the pre-owned section :p, you know you want it.

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #16,732 of 40,559
@Colors
Charles just listed an AK SP1000 SS @3500 cash on the pre-owned section :p, you know you want it.

Good one! *stares at empty wallet

Nov 13, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #16,734 of 40,559
Nov 13, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #16,735 of 40,559
Good one! *stares at empty wallet
Maybe go in on Black Friday and negotiate? :p you never know. I often go in looking for something and Charles gives me another discount on top of the price quoted by email. Cash ofc.

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #16,736 of 40,559
Nov 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #16,737 of 40,559
Sister has claimed the Tri-Copper for the Spatans, so I've done what I promised I'd never do: slap a silver cable on Zeus. Well gold plated silver...but yeah

Initially I tried out the more bass focused songs in my collection, man that was glorious! Running through the rest of my collection, I heard that resolution and treble sparkle that everyone talks about with silver, which actually goes very well with the Zeus R.

Only problem is that bass seems to have been pushed forward a bit, where in a lot of my songs, they became a lot more prominent than before, and maybe Im not use to it yet, but irked me a little. Granted it might have been there all along but held back by my copper wires. Guess I'll be testing Lionheart again tonight to see which I like better.

Nov 14, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #16,738 of 40,559
Btw, XDP-300R (low gain 2, short filter) + EE Supra-II + UP OCC cable + balanced (ACG mode) is so clean and tight with near zero hiss.

The XDR-300 / X1A is just a great pairing with sensitive IEMs like EE’s BA line up.
You've got me over here trying to pick a pair to try, lol!
I have the x1a and just received a 2.5mm Norne Audio pure occ litz cable (Silvergarde S) yesterday. I agree with your post above on this Player as I have the same settings set while using the balanced output and it emits a super sweet sound; It's heart felt!!
I'm digging info on the Legends, I love bass and am looking for the heaviest sub bass I can find in the current line up!
Thank you for bringing this brand to my attention!!

Nov 14, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #16,739 of 40,559
Sister has claimed the Tri-Copper for the Spatans, so I've done what I promised I'd never do: slap a silver cable on Zeus. Well gold plated silver...but yeah

Initially I tried out the more bass focused songs in my collection, man that was glorious! Running through the rest of my collection, I heard that resolution and treble sparkle that everyone talks about with silver, which actually goes very well with the Zeus R.

Only problem is that bass seems to have been pushed forward a bit, where in a lot of my songs, they became a lot more prominent than before, and maybe Im not use to it yet, but irked me a little. Granted it might have been there all along but held back by my copper wires. Guess I'll be testing Lionheart again tonight to see which I like better.

I find silver + dynamic drivers and copper + BAs to be good pairings. SPC is also a good pairing with either.

Nov 14, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #16,740 of 40,559
You've got me over here trying to pick a pair to try, lol!
I have the x1a and just received a 2.5mm Norne Audio pure occ litz cable (Silvergarde S) yesterday. I agree with your post above on this Player as I have the same settings set while using the balanced output and it emits a super sweet sound; It's heart felt!!
I'm digging info on the Legends, I love bass and am looking for the heaviest sub bass I can find in the current line up!
Thank you for bringing this brand to my attention!!

Bravado and Legend X has very good sub-bass and have a good pairing with pure silver cables and also the 300R and X1A (same settings, I also put my band settings to one before max narrow).

300R / X1A floor noise is just sooooo low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back