Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 12, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #16,712 of 40,582
BTW, I am going to upgrade to Phantoms on BF and let see how many percent we get discounted (?) :smirk:
Would imagine between 10 and 20 percent based on last few sales. Me I'd love to get a ee ciem, but ears for some reason say no :frowning2:

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #16,713 of 40,582
20% on Phantom would be nice, just sayin @Devon Higgins

My desire for Phantom outweighs everything the universe is throwing at me to not get them.

Nov 12, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #16,714 of 40,582
when do companies typically announce their black friday sales? Is it always on the Friday of?

Would imagine between 10 and 20 percent based on last few sales. Me I'd love to get a ee ciem, but ears for some reason say no :frowning2:

BF on sale might be not available for top tier UIEMs and/or CIEMs like Phantoms and LegendXs?! :grimacing:

Nov 12, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #16,715 of 40,582
No idea but imagine it would be a site wide sale. Or if not then specific items at specific prices anyway. Guess you'll have to wait and see :)

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #16,716 of 40,582
BTW, I am going to upgrade to Phantoms on BF and let see how many percent we get discounted (?) :smirk:

Yesss the BF sale is coming! Not sure what it's going to be yet but stay tuned :ksc75smile:

when do companies typically announce their black friday sales? Is it always on the Friday of?

I'm not sure when we're announcing it. Definitely next week, likely before the day of. Let me check on that!

20% on Phantom would be nice, just sayin @Devon Higgins

My desire for Phantom outweighs everything the universe is throwing at me to not get them.

HEARD YA LOUD AND CLEAR
(disclaimer: obviously I don't make these decisions but hey I'll do what I can for my people :heart:)

No idea but imagine it would be a site wide sale. Or if not then specific items at specific prices anyway. Guess you'll have to wait and see :)

Should be sitewide!

Additionally, my PMs are always open if anyone needs help in regards to a Black Friday order or.... anything really. :)

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #16,717 of 40,582
Nov 12, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #16,719 of 40,582
The past two years EE has had a sale on all iems on Black Friday. That included TOTL because I bought my Zeus then. And both times it was 20%. That doesn't mean you can count on it being the same this year, but it certainly points towards that. In addition, EE has closeouts of Uni iems as it changes product lines. And since the sale is coming up quickly, the best thing to do is patiently wait and see what is announced. It's going to be soon.

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #16,720 of 40,582
To all the folks using balanced (2.5 or 4.4), am I having a serious case of placebo effect or does it actual improve the sound compared to 3.5?

Granted I also switched cables, but they shouldnt be having this much of an effect on Zeus. Symptoms included vastly improved rumble in the sub-bass (when it exists), a more vast soundstage, vocals are not as forward but I'm also able to distinctly hear individual vocals.

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #16,721 of 40,582
To all the folks using balanced (2.5 or 4.4), am I having a serious case of placebo effect or does it actual improve the sound compared to 3.5?

Granted I also switched cables, but they shouldnt be having this much of an effect on Zeus. Symptoms included vastly improved rumble in the sub-bass (when it exists), a more vast soundstage, vocals are not as forward but I'm also able to distinctly hear individual vocals.

Depends on how the balanced circuitry in the DAP is implemented.

Huge noticeable improvement on my N5ii in terms of soundstage, body and dynamics.

As for my XDR300R, it sounds more detailed and cleaner.

Also depends if your gear needs power. Most IEMs don’t but going balanced on a DAP with something like the 6XX or 58X is like twice the power output which drives the gear better.

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #16,722 of 40,582
Btw, XDP-300R (low gain 2, short filter) + EE Supra-II + UP OCC cable + balanced (ACG mode) is so clean and tight with near zero hiss.

The XDR-300 / X1A is just a great pairing with sensitive IEMs like EE’s BA line up.

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #16,723 of 40,582
Btw, XDP-300R (low gain 2, short filter) + EE Supra-II + UP OCC cable + balanced (ACG mode) is so clean and tight with near zero hiss.

The XDR-300 / X1A is just a great pairing with sensitive IEMs like EE’s BA line up.
Agreed.
That was the reason I got the X1A to begin with. I have the exact same setting on mine for Spartan than Zeus, paired with the PS Exo Tri-Copper.

Curious if you ever tried AK players before? My sister is currently running the Spartans off her iPhone 8 with the adapter, with the arrival of my replacement Lionheart in 2.5 mm, Ive been thinking of giving her the X1A and if so I need to start finding another DAP.

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #16,724 of 40,582
Agreed.
That was the reason I got the X1A to begin with. I have the exact same setting on mine for Spartan than Zeus, paired with the PS Exo Tri-Copper.

Curious if you ever tried AK players before? My sister is currently running the Spartans off her iPhone 8 with the adapter, with the arrival of my replacement Lionheart in 2.5 mm, Ive been thinking of giving her the X1A and if so I need to start finding another DAP.

I’ve only tested the SR15 which I really like. Super portable, detailed and smooth sound signature. Very refined. However, I got my 300R used for 1/3 of the price of a new SR15 so it was a no-brainer...

I have friend who’s letting me test his AK380. I’ll let you know the results.

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #16,725 of 40,582
With an AK there is a difference, but it's not mind bending. An improvement, yes. Night and day, no. Bit wider soundstage and a bit more apparent clarity. I had a Pono, and that one in balanced was quite a bit better. But that is how it was designed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back