Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 24, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #16,216 of 40,675
@KuroKitsu ,which cable did you like best with Zeus ?

also , if you cried with the R's midrange , curious what body effect would you get with XIV , being the more mid-centric tuning of the 2

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #16,218 of 40,675
Can an EE rep confirm that if I order the Zeus XR straight from the EE website (as opposed to the Zeus XIV from MD), that shipping won't take until Feb 2019 like the MD Zeus XIV?

Can confirm. :thumbsup: Customs are at a 5-week build time from the date we receive and accept your impressions!

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #16,219 of 40,675
@KuroKitsu ,which cable did you like best with Zeus ?

also , if you cried with the R's midrange , curious what body effect would you get with XIV , being the more mid-centric tuning of the 2
I'm going to try the Aries II once it comes back to me as an 8 wire, but until then the Lionheart is king. It emphasizes the midrange even further and that smudging up of the sound actually allows it to be musical but at the same time allow maintain that neutral seperation.

If only I could demo the XIV, but alas no demos in my neck of the woods. I did hear of the mid centric tuning, but it also comes with a boost of upper bass, which I definitely wouldnt like. Maybe for that one rock band I do have in my collection, but too much for the rest of it.

Sep 24, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #16,220 of 40,675
@SBranson when you getting the Zeus XR? If you thought the ESR had a vast soundstage, wait till you hear this one. I wasn't paying attention during my coffee break and almost walked into a door "I could've sworn the room was bigger than this"

I got a free custom silver wire terminated in 2.5mm with my Zeus, probably gonna put em away for whenever I get Phantom. After having testing silver wire on the Phantoms, I would not recommend the Aries II with them any longer.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #16,221 of 40,675
Welcome! As a Hermes owner, you have good tastes.

Thanks alot! Just wondering how you finding the Bravado? Is it an upgrade/side grade?

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #16,222 of 40,675
Thanks alot! Just wondering how you finding the Bravado? Is it an upgrade/side grade?

Bravado is a mainstay of my collection.

Couldn’t pull the trigger on the Hermes and got an Andromeda instead =P Then sold it.

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #16,223 of 40,675
20180924_205107.jpg

:3

Sep 24, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #16,224 of 40,675
@SBranson when you getting the Zeus XR? If you thought the ESR had a vast soundstage, wait till you hear this one. I wasn't paying attention during my coffee break and almost walked into a door "I could've sworn the room was bigger than this"

I got a free custom silver wire terminated in 2.5mm with my Zeus, probably gonna put em away for whenever I get Phantom. After having testing silver wire on the Phantoms, I would not recommend the Aries II with them any longer.

Ha ha!!! There was a Zeus R on CAM for awhile but the price was just too high for me.. I kinda wish now that I had tried to stretch for it. I'm happy with the ESR but maybe I'd be happier with the Zeus R... I'll wait until those MD show up second hand next spring then maybe try one then.. :ksc75smile:

Sep 24, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #16,225 of 40,675
Ha ha!!! There was a Zeus R on CAM for awhile but the price was just too high for me.. I kinda wish now that I had tried to stretch for it. I'm happy with the ESR but maybe I'd be happier with the Zeus R... I'll wait until those MD show up second hand next spring then maybe try one then.. :ksc75smile:

Good idea :wink:

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #16,227 of 40,675
Sounds like the smart choice :p it's still a Zeus, tuning be damned for half the price. If I liked what I heard about the XIV's tuning Id probably be waiting too.

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #16,229 of 40,675
Sep 25, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #16,230 of 40,675
Reading your stories about zeus and all that I still love my phantom. Zeus cant do what phantom would with bass :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back