Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 25, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #16,232 of 40,731
Agreed. IMO if musics don’t have subbass and bass especially defined ones they will be tasteless and bored...:smirk:

This is why my hd800s almost got tossed out of the window near highway 95 ;p

They lack on bass and to bright.

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #16,234 of 40,731
Have you considered to try third party cable for your HD800s? It will change the game play. :relaxed:

LoL yes an 800$ alllll copper even pentacon connector was full open copper.
Wireworld nano eclipse 10 feet.
And no it did sound better but that #!@! Is built to scream in treble lol there is nothing to do with it lol and have cost a lottt of daught to realise this :frowning2:
Hd800s wont surpasse of what phantom can do for me.
More isolation
Custom
More sub / bass
Compact
Beautiful
Sexy
Naughty
Love never ends haha

Sep 25, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #16,235 of 40,731
I got a custom 15' AudioArts from San Diego, CA. He does whatever connector you want and his cables sound as good as all the top ones I tried from other brands. I forget what I paid, but it was half of what most charged. The guy who puts them together for him was head of production at AudioQuest for years. They are top rate cables for sure.

Sep 25, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #16,236 of 40,731
I got a custom 15' AudioArts from San Diego, CA. He does whatever connector you want and his cables sound as good as all the top ones I tried from other brands. I forget what I paid, but it was half of what most charged. The guy who puts them together for him was head of production at AudioQuest for years. They are top rate cables for sure.
Contact info or link?

Sep 25, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #16,237 of 40,731
I also forgot to add.
You get a booty shake any time too haha :)

Sep 25, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #16,238 of 40,731
Sep 25, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #16,240 of 40,731
Reading your stories about zeus and all that I still love my phantom. Zeus cant do what phantom would with bass :wink:
It really can't and I do love the bass on the Phantom like I said. But I have 1 artist in my collection that qualifies as Rock and everything just doesnt need that emphasis on bass.

Agreed. IMO if musics don’t have subbass and bass especially defined ones they will be tasteless and bored...:smirk:
LOL Im not sure, too much bass will make it migraine inducing.

This is why my hd800s almost got tossed out of the window near highway 95 ;p

They lack on bass and to bright.
Oh, so thats why I saw a pair of HD800s flying out of that truck :p immediately set it on fire one I saw what they were.

Sep 25, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #16,241 of 40,731
I find excessive midbass fatiguing and wonder if manufacturers tune IEMs in such a manner to mask a lack of sub bass.

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #16,242 of 40,731
It really can't and I do love the bass on the Phantom like I said. But I have 1 artist in my collection that qualifies as Rock and everything just doesnt need that emphasis on bass.

Oh, so thats why I saw a pair of HD800s flying out of that truck :p immediately set it on fire one I saw what they were.

Its funny because I ask my self same question how you listen to music without bass?
Phantom never had overbass its playing whats in the recordings or your pairing it with something that emphasise bass to much?
Also phantom dont make more bass if its not there so it be dead in bass :)
It is warmer side of the thing and thats like a question of taste maybe.
I also found phantom to be good with soundstage maybe 60% of the hd800s.

I am glad you have set it on fire lol. No way to let that thing to survive, good team work @KuroKitsu

Sep 25, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #16,244 of 40,731
What tips do you guys like w/ the Phantom?

Custom lol

But when I had universal I used comply foam sealed better against noise.
Believe it or not but I had the ruber tips I could hear my engine whistle and with comply no whistle lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back