Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 25, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #16,246 of 40,731
Sep 25, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #16,247 of 40,731
What tips do you guys like w/ the Phantom?

My go-to tips are the Symbio Hybrid Tips (available on ebay). 2nd choice would be the Spiral Dots. A matter of preference really. The spiral dots are more open, bassy, organic, but less controlled and articulate. I found the Symbio brought the best of both worlds of the Spiral Dots and the included stock Final tips.

So uh guys, some madman actually sold their custom Zeus RA for 25 bucks... Saw it on /r/headphones https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sold-empire-ears-zues-r-adel-g1-customs-25.889463/#post-14498845
'

The deal of a lifetime. Although I can't understand why they (the guy and EE) couldn't have just figured out a way to go universal if the custom really wasn't working out.

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #16,248 of 40,731
So uh guys, some madman actually sold their custom Zeus RA for 25 bucks... Saw it on /r/headphones https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sold-empire-ears-zues-r-adel-g1-customs-25.889463/#post-14498845

Whhaaatttt.
That guy is a complete retard jesus. Spending 2300 on ciem and not even take time to make it perfect maaan.
He must be a loosy millionaire trashing so mush cash and then selling for 25$ ridiculous. I am totaly mad at him true disrespect thought even if its zeus not my favorite one STill What???

Oh well that got me emptional dangg.

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #16,249 of 40,731
My go-to tips are the Symbio Hybrid Tips (available on ebay). 2nd choice would be the Spiral Dots. A matter of preference really. The spiral dots are more open, bassy, organic, but less controlled and articulate. I found the Symbio brought the best of both worlds of the Spiral Dots and the included stock Final tips.

'

The deal of a lifetime. Although I can't understand why they (the guy and EE) couldn't have just figured out a way to go universal if the custom really wasn't working out.

I said this to my friend he told me it must be some competitors playing a game. Maan thats none sense

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #16,250 of 40,731
Whhaaatttt.
That guy is a complete retard jesus. Spending 2300 on ciem and not even take time to make it perfect maaan.
He must be a loosy millionaire trashing so mush cash and then selling for 25$ ridiculous. I am totaly mad at him true disrespect thought even if its zeus not my favorite one STill What???

Oh well that got me emptional dangg.
Exactly, if they have cash to burn, just gimme 2300, I want the Phantom and some more cables...

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #16,251 of 40,731
Exactly, if they have cash to burn, just gimme 2300, I want the Phantom and some more cables...

Screww hes dirty money you dont whant hes problems.

:biohazard::do_not_litter::mute::trident::radioactive::wavy_dash::warning:

Can some one tell me what does this logo looks like ? :wavy_dash: a sound wave ? LoL. Or hmmm

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #16,252 of 40,731
Hey everyone...

So, bad news. I dropped my pair of Spartan IVs accidentally and now there's a hairline crack on the INSIDE of the right side of the IEM -- the stainless steel part to be specific. Yes, you heard that right. There's no crack on the outside shell but there is one now on the inside.

To me, thank goodness, the sound hasn't been affected. I don't think so, at least.

Does anyone know what an EE sounds like if one of their driver's gave out? Softer on one side?

I was seriously considering getting customs of these and now since the resale value of these will be decreased with the crack, I might have to go the reshell route to see if a company will do a repair (if it's needed) and then a reshell. I'd appreciate any advice on that side of things. The ones I have heard of are Perfect Seal, AAW, Naga, and Nocturnal.

I'm sure Empire won't do a repair for a secondhand IEM that's for sure out of warranty.

Damn :frowning2:. Thanks for your advice everyone!

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #16,253 of 40,731
Hey everyone...

So, bad news. I dropped my pair of Spartan IVs accidentally and now there's a hairline crack on the INSIDE of the right side of the IEM -- the stainless steel part to be specific. Yes, you heard that right. There's no crack on the outside shell but there is one now on the inside.

To me, thank goodness, the sound hasn't been affected. I don't think so, at least.

Does anyone know what an EE sounds like if one of their driver's gave out? Softer on one side?

I was seriously considering getting customs of these and now since the resale value of these will be decreased with the crack, I might have to go the reshell route to see if a company will do a repair (if it's needed) and then a reshell. I'd appreciate any advice on that side of things. The ones I have heard of are Perfect Seal, AAW, Naga, and Nocturnal.

I'm sure Empire won't do a repair for a secondhand IEM that's for sure out of warranty.

I have yet to break an IEM by dropping but I would assume the sound is would be off. Maybe pick a song and play it through a source where you're familiar with how both sound?

At worse they'll probably charge you to fix it without warranty, but that's something @Devon Higgins would be able to better anwser.

I hope that never happens to my Zeus R. That thing is probably long past warranty by now.

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #16,254 of 40,731
I have yet to break an IEM by dropping but I would assume the sound is would be off. Maybe pick a song and play it through a source where you're familiar with how both sound?

At worse they'll probably charge you to fix it without warranty, but that's something @Devon Higgins would be able to better anwser.

I hope that never happens to my Zeus R. That thing is probably long past warranty by now.

Thanks! I don't believe the sound has been affected. Been listening to them for the past 20 minutes and I'm pretty positive now the sound has not been changed in anyway.

@Devon Higgins has been great to me so I'll reach out to her in the morning when I wake up about this. I would be happy to pay for a repair of the right side. My plan has been to sell the Spartans when I'm ready to a fellow headfier and then get the Spartan in a custom form since I'm absolutely in love with it.

Sep 26, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #16,255 of 40,731
Hey everyone...

I’m quite positive there aren’t any stainless steel parts on the Spartan. Do you mean the silver foil artwork on the faceplate?

If a driver (or any internal component for that matter) dies, the difference will be massive. If you don’t notice it immediately, it’s very likely all the internals survived. More often than not, if you hear a slight difference after a crack, it’s either placebo effect or the crack is causing air to leak in, which results in a slight loss of isolation and alterations in the bass response.

Sep 26, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #16,256 of 40,731
Here are pictures. The one image left shell is the one that isn't broken. Hopefully you'll see why I called it the stainless steel part.

The rest of the pictures are of the right shell. In better lighting I think it may just be the shell now. Not the internals.

Thoughts? Sorry for the messy nails!
20180925_231653.jpg
20180925_231624.jpg
20180925_231509.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #16,257 of 40,731
Here are pictures. The one image left shell is the one that isn't broken. Hopefully you'll see why I called it the stainless steel part.

The rest of the pictures are of the right shell. In better lighting I think it may just be the shell now. Not the internals.

Ohh, you meant there was a crack in the driver. Yeah, it definitely looks like the shell’s cracked and not the driver. I find it incredibly hard to believe that the metal housing of the driver would break before the more fragile acrylic shell. The crack is just refracting light such that it looks like the driver’s busted.

Sep 26, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #16,258 of 40,731

Looks more like a scratch on the shell that wouldn't affect the sound, like others have mentioned. Keep listening to songs you're familiar with, and if there's any "difference", write an email to them and see if they could take a look at it.

Personally, it should be fine! No apparent damages to your drivers from your photos.

Sep 26, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #16,259 of 40,731
Sep 26, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #16,260 of 40,731
this is CRAZY

guy is probably a millionaire , seeing that he is taking a 2300$ hit like it's pennies

oh well , at least he made another headfier here very, very happy

is this a R or a XR model ? the shell says XR but i can not see the XR switch....

It’s an XR-ADEL, so the switch is at the top of the faceplate. You can barely see it in the photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back