Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 4, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #15,751 of 40,664
I really like the universal Phantoms and get a great seal with the Final E tips, but they are starting to pop off occasionally when I remove the iems from my ears. Any ideas about better securing the tips, or does the silicone on the E tips just get too stretched out with use? Thanks!

Make sure when you're putting them on you're sliding them down as far as you can. Wiping the nozzles/tips also helps. If you still have this issue I probably have some SpinFits or Complys I can send you.

I also thought the SynX crossovers would be a mini motherboard, but i guess not?

PCB boards would be nice and way more convenient. We're currently still wiring them all completely by hand and tucking them neatly by the 2-pin socket.

BTW I may have some b-stock Legend X and Phantom UIEMs. PM me if interested =)

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #15,752 of 40,664
Make sure when you're putting them on you're sliding them down as far as you can. Wiping the nozzles/tips also helps. If you still have this issue I probably have some SpinFits or Complys I can send you.

Thanks for the offer Jack! Funny you should mention it, I just pulled out some spinfits to try tonight and I have comply tips as well. But I truly appreciate your offer! Not sure what the sonic effects will be with these tips, but otherwise I'll put some new Final E's on to see if that helps after getting the nozzles as dry as possible.
Cheers!

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #15,753 of 40,664
Make sure when you're putting them on you're sliding them down as far as you can.
I had previously mentioned this on here but wasn't necessarily agreed with......just don't fire her. Maybe just dock her pay? : )
The tip should be around half-way up the bore...
My reasoning for fitting tips this way was purely in an attempt to try and negate the tip from imparting it's own sound characteristic as much as possible, which it does if anyone wants to give it a shot now that it's been officially endorsed by EE..

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #15,754 of 40,664
@Jack Vang These Zeus Rs are a masterpiece. I buy a lot of audio equipment (some might say too much) but these are the first iems/headphones in a while where i have been so smitten that i cant take them out of my ears. If the Zeus is any indication, i am definitely looking forward to reviewing those ESR/Bravados!

Question (for anyone here) How much would it cost and waht is the typical turnaround time for a bit of an adjustment? one of my ciems is a bit larger than the other at the tip and sometiems i feel really "stuffed" in one ear

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #15,755 of 40,664
@Jack Vang These Zeus Rs are a masterpiece. I buy a lot of audio equipment (some might say too much) but these are the first iems/headphones in a while where i have been so smitten that i cant take them out of my ears. If the Zeus is any indication, i am definitely looking forward to reviewing those ESR/Bravados!

Question (for anyone here) How much would it cost and waht is the typical turnaround time for a bit of an adjustment? one of my ciems is a bit larger than the other at the tip and sometiems i feel really "stuffed" in one ear

Glad to hear that! Zeus, no doubt, will always hold a special place in my heart so i'm happy to hear that many are still content with its performance and capabilities. As for the fit issue about a day. Does the entire thing just feel too big on one side or just a part of it? If it's just a part you can mark it with a sharpie and we'll grind that part down. If it's the entire thing we'll taper it down some. Be sure to fill out the repair form when you send it in and CC it to either me (Jack Vang) or @Devon Higgins.

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #15,756 of 40,664
it causes a bit of a channel imbalance sometimes unless i push one side in a bit deeper but its a bit discomforting to keep having to do it.

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #15,758 of 40,664
Jack, thank you very much ill make sure to do that! It is just the tip that is too big. Everything else fits fantastic. Thank you! although.. i kind of dont want to send them back because then i wont get to listen to them hahaha

maybe it's an opportunity to pay something extra and heve them also upgraded them to XR ?

if you think R is good , wait till you hear the XIV setting

besides , 2 TOTL tunings > 1 TOTL tuning (it's simple maths)

just my 2 cents ofc

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #15,759 of 40,664
I had previously mentioned this on here but wasn't necessarily agreed with......just don't fire her. Maybe just dock her pay? : )

My reasoning for fitting tips this way was purely in an attempt to try and negate the tip from imparting it's own sound characteristic as much as possible, which it does if anyone wants to give it a shot now that it's been officially endorsed by EE..

Oh so now you tryna start something? LOL.

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #15,760 of 40,664
Oh so now you tryna start something? LOL.
S.hit! I'm outta here..
200.gif

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #15,762 of 40,664
Sep 4, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #15,764 of 40,664
UIEMs all have the same problem with popping up the tips. If you like them and do not want to get CIEMs for extra money you can get smaller tips which can be inserted all the way into your ear canals.
]
Never had that issue (well, twice, with old tips that wore out).

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #15,765 of 40,664
Hey everyone I been lately a side from the ee forum thread being very focused on my next big move in audio gear....

But here what happend 3 weaks a go :L3000:
I baught a used ee phantom uses it for 1 weak and felt in love with it. It was the best iem I ever heard it could reproduce all music just the way it was suposed to be played and on top of that with the perfect sound signature that I love.
Unfortunately I had to return the ee phantom cause they had a damage on them.

So what happend next I rushed to ee office and drove there with a big detour that I had to take of about 3hours. I am a truck driver so that fuel was on my own expense cause I really wanted to hear all 3 iems of ee Zeus, LX and Phantom. So I finally made it Devon gave me a warm welcome and I was very pleased it was a very unique experience for me because it was first time ever I been in a facility where custom high end iems were built and on top, thats where mine where about to be born to!:clap:
It was a really awsume that such unique opportunity can arise and I took about 4hours in auditioning comparing all the 3 leaders of the board. I was so concentrated on these 3 that I completly run out of time and didnt even tried the other option there was to try lol.

So in few words.

Zeus XR was the one that I found to be the most relaxed and easy and smooth sounding. For my taste it was to slow and not active and emgaging enough. I just didnt go along with it.

LX was a very good iem but I was expecting it to go supper low in sub bass ( lower than phantom) but thats not what I really felt. Bass and sub bass was there but completly different not like phantoms Ba driver. So I didnt go along with the DD driver eather my preference stayed again with Phantom. Though I was quiet surprise to hear the treble of LX is so far different from hd800s.
I mean my hd800s treble was alway strong and very piercing hirting my ears. It was never so with LX its smooth easy and gentle while at same time it does all the beutifull sparkles hehe.

K now the mighty Phantom.
@ctsooner22 and I. We have this similar love for phantom :)

This iem is very special I dont know how its possible but I think I now understand why its called phantom. It is capable of being as neutral to the source as you cant imagine. O am not saying its flat and unmusical. Its not lile that. At some point I was listening to my hdv820 and I just got stumble. I stoped the music and went with my hands to my ears and was confused cause I thought I was listening to my hd800s LOL but heck the iem was reproducing the exact synergie and sound signature of my hdv820+hd800s. I was like what .... At that moment I understood that phantom is always showing you exactly how your source sounds!
They are remarkable they have bass treble warmth super natural voices. They have everything!
I would say if your phantom sounding poor well thats because they showing you that your source is crap lol and some serious reupgrading is required hehe.

I also whant to add that what stood out the most for me from phantom is there bass. It is just pure joy and magic. When you listen to it you can be derived into deepest of all subs you can get and not only that it also has halucinating details and so much of it almost like its endless. Also it adds a sublime rumble in there to. I often mentioned on the thread DONT CHANGE THE ARES 2 cable doing so you lose the rumble of the sub bass :)

So yes I end up ordering a custom phantom
All black shell with fiber carbon plates and custom arts the tiger of my avatar in headfi :ksc75smile:

I also baught a EA audio Bespore cable ares II with a fiber carbon pentacon connector.

Also I would like to Thank Devon to have taken all the time it was needed to help me out chosing my perfect iem. It was a very important event for me and I am so happy it all went so well.
This one is gona stay for life I think :gs1000smile:

A few pictures of the ee selection
20180813_151811.jpg
20180813_151752.jpg
20180813_151748.jpg
20180813_151740.jpg
20180813_151732.jpg
20180813_135857.jpg
20180813_135803_HDR.jpg
20180813_151947.jpg
20180813_151932.jpg
20180813_151853.jpg