Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 7, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #14,058 of 40,577
Still loving my pure silver cable with the Bravados. I really recommend them. It tames and controls the sub-bass/bass which can be overwhelming at times with the stock cable. Also extends the treble higher and increases its presence. Vocals are more forward. In essence, it becomes more versatile and balanced.

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #14,059 of 40,577
Wow, forgot how good the Pono sounded via balanced :) Loving the Phantoms so far!
I really enjoyed Pono in the time I had it. Some great debates in that thread too.

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #14,060 of 40,577
IMG_20180608_174839.jpg

Such a magical pairing of the Legend X with Thor Silver II 8 braid.

They give a similar bass punch with the Ares II but in a tighter fashion. More liquid vocals and more treble presence without harsh and sharpness. Better separation and a wider soundstage compared to Ares II. With the colour of the faceplate, I can feel that they are born to be a pair.

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #14,061 of 40,577

They give a similar bass punch with the Ares II but in a tighter fashion. More liquid vocals and more treble presence without harsh and sharpness. Better separation and a wider soundstage compared to Ares II. With the colour of the faceplate, I can feel that they are born to be a pair.

Not really surprised. I demo’d the Legend X in-store and found it to be basically the much superior version of the Bravado. Silver cables definitely bring out the best for both models.

The store owner is purchased my Bravado from also uses a silver cable with his Legend X (and xDSD for convenience).

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #14,062 of 40,577
Wow, forgot how good the Pono sounded via balanced :) Loving the Phantoms so far!

I really enjoyed Pono in the time I had it. Some great debates in that thread too.

Guys, Ayre designed and produced the Pono. They are the ones who also make the Codex I talk about as well as my Uber high end electronics for my 2 channel gear. Had a nice conversation with them yesterday about Pono and new gear moving forward. Lots of great digital gear arriving in stores now and to come in the future. Great guys for sure

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #14,063 of 40,577
Guys, Ayre designed and produced the Pono. They are the ones who also make the Codex I talk about as well as my Uber high end electronics for my 2 channel gear. Had a nice conversation with them yesterday about Pono and new gear moving forward. Lots of great digital gear arriving in stores now and to come in the future. Great guys for sure
Exactly...great reputation, been at it a while

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #14,064 of 40,577
I apologize I haven't posted many comments regarding the Legend X. I am wrapping up a month long support gig for work. Between flying, working and well..life, it has consumed me. I have been listening to them on and off during this past week, and they have impressed me. I am heading to the Dominican Republic next week and hopefully I will get some critical listening time soon. I know a few of you are curious about comparisons between X, ME and Atlas as well.

I will say that the Legend X from the signature alone is more closely aligned with the ME than the Atlas.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #14,065 of 40,577

Have you heard the Leonidas with Legend X as well? Curious as to any comparisons between the 2 cables. EA mentioned that the Thor II 8-wire is less warm than Leonidas but has much more detail.

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #14,066 of 40,577
The Beats cables just got here yesterday. I'll be auditioning them this weekend's so I hope to have some thoughts soon. I have some other cables in the house right now also, so let's see if I can get something done next week. IT takes me a longer time due to the MS and I can't write the way I used to (was a journalist in school), but I can still get some thoughts to you all soon.

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #14,067 of 40,577
And now for something inexpensive- tips. Just got some Symbios for my Zeus. On first listening (in chair and walking) I'd say they fall between Final Audio E's and Comply, but much closer to the FA's. They add a bit of timbre but don't thicken up the bass too much. I got the wide bores and they let the treble through much better than do the Comply's. The Zeus is slightly less airy, but still very clear and mostly transparent. Right now I rank tips as 1) FA and 2) Symbios. I've had no luck with the Spins and Spirals with the Zeus (although they did work for me with the Phantom). Twenty bucks for three sizes and tracking from Hungary, took about a week (June 1 to June 8) to the West Coast.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #14,069 of 40,577
After owning the legend x I tired so many tips

Here is my ranking best ones

1- spinfit double flange the red ones- gives best presence of mids with best bass and soundstage and details
2- spinfit double flange the black ones
3- final audio small size- mids sound bit lacking compared to the above
4- comply foam tips- ok nothing more

Worst tips I tried

1- jvc spiral dots - very bad the worst xperience
2- mandarin tips
3- regular spinfit

Tips that don’t work as they do not stay on the nozzle
1- Sony new model tips that are like foam
2- Sony hybrid tips

I received my spinfit Twin Blade ear tips (M - the red ones) and i have to admit they sound awsome with the LX. Definitely better bass and a tad more details than with the final audio tips. Great tips ! Gonna test them with the Phantoms....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back