Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 9, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #14,071 of 40,559
When packing up legend x, do you have to remove the tips? Seems like they only fit in the supplied box by removing the tips.

The case is quite shallow. I’m not using it for my phantoms universal. Hope my customs don’t get crush while shipping

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #14,072 of 40,559
I received my spinfit Twin Blade ear tips (M - the red ones) and i have to admit they sound awsome with the LX. Definitely better bass and a tad more details than with the final audio tips. Great tips ! Gonna test them with the Phantoms....
i tired over 10 different tips and yes those spinfit are amazing with legend x. glad you liked my recommendation

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #14,073 of 40,559
Would you mind sending photos? Based on your description, it sounds like the heatshrink was bent incorrectly. A hot air gun may be able to fix if, but I’d have to direct this one to @EffectAudio in case it may damage the cable in any way.
here are some pics of the heatshrink pointing outwards on the right side, I find a bit annoying to have such a cable being done that way.
it does not affect sound but you know how it is you always will look at imperfections when it comes to such expensive iems

I got contacted by @Devon Higgins and she asked me to send her the pics, so i did, lets see what she can do about it, but sending it back to USA via EMS is expensive I hope they have another solution

20180608_103139.jpg

Attachments

• 20180608_103142.jpg
    20180608_103142.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180608_103142.jpg
    20180608_103142.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #14,074 of 40,559
here are some pics of the heatshrink pointing outwards on the right side, I find a bit annoying to have such a cable being done that way.
it does not affect sound but you know how it is you always will look at imperfections when it comes to such expensive iems

I got contacted by @Devon Higgins and she asked me to send her the pics, so i did, lets see what she can do about it, but sending it back to USA via EMS is expensive I hope they
have another solution

Same issue with my Leo and Lionheart. Exactly the same. But i don't care...

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #14,075 of 40,559
Same issue with my Leo and Lionheart. Exactly the same. But i don't care...
well that is not good in my books, I know some might find it a silly concern, but I would expect such a thing from not a professional cable maker

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #14,076 of 40,559

I got contacted by @Devon Higgins and she asked me to send her the pics, so i did, lets see what she can do about it, but sending it back to USA via EMS is expensive I hope they have another solution

It doesn't look too bad, so it should be fixable if you're crafty. If you wear spectacles, try placing them between the arms of your glasses; maybe that'd help.

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #14,077 of 40,559
It doesn't look too bad, so it should be fixable if you're crafty. If you wear spectacles, try placing them between the arms of your glasses; maybe that'd help.

to be honest I prefer that this gets replaced as everyone who saw my legend x asks why the cable is messed up like that

I know its not a big deal, but at @EffectAudio could do a better job with heat shrink being properly done

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #14,078 of 40,559
well that is not good in my books, I know some might find it a silly concern, but I would expect such a thing from not a professional cable maker

yep, indeed....for a 800 $ cable (Leo) it's a bit poor but i won't send it back to Singapore as it doesn't affect comfort and sound quality.

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #14,079 of 40,559
yep, indeed....for a 800 $ cable (Leo) it's a bit poor but i won't send it back to Singapore as it doesn't affect comfort and sound quality.

yes but once you try to sell it, you will see how that tiny little thing can cause a lot of front and back with an interested buyer

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #14,080 of 40,559
yes but once you try to sell it, you will see how that tiny little thing can cause a lot of front and back with an interested buyer

won't sell my Leo :)

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #14,081 of 40,559
to be honest I prefer that this gets replaced as everyone who saw my legend x asks why the cable is messed up like that

I know its not a big deal, but at @EffectAudio could do a better job with heat shrink being properly done

It's a shame to hear that it's a recurring problem. I'll be stopping by their offices to demo the new Jomo in-ears again early next week. I'll definitely pass it on. :wink:

Jun 9, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #14,082 of 40,559
Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #14,083 of 40,559

What’s wrong with the heat shrink? I don’t get it

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #14,085 of 40,559
I’m have issues with my spiral dots being left in my ear for my phantoms universal too. Perhaps it’s time to change to another set

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back