Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 9, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #14,086 of 40,559
I received my spinfits in the post a couple of days ago and tried them as soon as I got home from work. The 2nd time I inserted them and pulled out my Phantoms the spinfit was still in my left ear. I couldn’t get it out by hand. Luckily my wife was able to with the tweezers. Not an experience I would like to repeat. I will stick with the Final ones for now.

Btw this has never happened to me before with any in ear or different tips.

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #14,087 of 40,559
I received my spinfits in the post a couple of days ago and tried them as soon as I got home from work. The 2nd time I inserted them and pulled out my Phantoms the spinfit was still in my left ear. I couldn’t get it out by hand. Luckily my wife was able to with the tweezers. Not an experience I would like to repeat. I will stick with the Final ones for now.

i wonder if it's the combination of wide bore tips and the lack of lips on the end of the nozzles, most of my other uiems have lips on their nozzles (TMI, i know) to prevent this from happening.

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #14,088 of 40,559

As @deafdoorknob said, the EE universals lack a well-defined lip at the end of the nozzle; the nozzle simply widens towards the end to keep the tip in place. I've personally had no problem with the nozzle design - though I've had my fair share of digging tips out of my ears from other universals - so I'd probably recommend trying to fit the tips back even further down the nozzle if possible. If not, then maybe try contacting EE about having them modified if it's not inconvenient for you to send them back.

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #14,089 of 40,559
i wonder if it's the combination of wide bore tips and the lack of lips on the end of the nozzles, most of my other uiems have lips on their nozzles (TMI, i know) to prevent this from happening.

what i do is first clean the stem of iem and clean the tips with cleaning solution and dry both, so both stem and tips are dry and clean then place the tip on the stem

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #14,091 of 40,559
i love how amazing mojo and legend x sound together, a match that is breathtaking

until a solid dap that supports tidal fluidly without a lag i will stick with using mojo as it sounds to me better than any dap I own or owned and I owned a quite a good number of daps

legend x is the best gear i bought since i joined head-fi, how on earth empire ears will top it baffles me

in the past i was usually asking if there is an iem that sounds like X of a headphone

now my new search is for a full size headphone that sounds like legend x :)

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #14,092 of 40,559
if anyone here likes EDM/Prog House , i just had my mind melted by this compilation

downloading it now , i need to hear it in good quality on my Zeus

Jun 10, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #14,093 of 40,559
if I were to hand out tuning prices for best sounding iem, I would give out the golden medal to empire ears legend x

I wonder if legend x is as well jack's favorite sound signature @Jack Vang

this legend x is tuned in my books to perfection

sorry to keep talking bout tuning but I am one those who appreciate tof uning and legend x just nailed it

eq is now something I would never use with legend x as it is perfectly tuned, this is no hype and I actually hate it when things get hyped and got in trouble for criticizing hyped products in the past. Previously I had zeus R and it was great, then I got zeus XR Adel and it was not for me at all, legend x took everything to a whole new level

finally again buying spinfit tips is the way to go with legend x ( final tips are ok but really do yourself a favor and buy those double flange spinfits and you will hear something way better than using final tips ) and using it with mojo is simply an experience by itself.

To name a few bands, listening to Radical Face, The National and White Lies is simply amazing with legend x

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #14,094 of 40,559
if I were to hand out tuning prices for best sounding iem, I would give out the golden medal to empire ears legend x

I wonder if legend x is as well jack's favorite sound signature @Jack Vang

this legend x is tuned in my books to perfection

sorry to keep talking bout tuning but I am one those who appreciate tof uning and legend x just nailed it

eq is now something I would never use with legend x as it is perfectly tuned, this is no hype and I actually hate it when things get hyped and got in trouble for criticizing hyped products in the past. Previously I had zeus R and it was great, then I got zeus XR Adel and it was not for me at all, legend x took everything to a whole new level

finally again buying spinfit tips is the way to go with legend x and using it with mojo is simply an experience by itself.

Obviously someone fell in deep love :) does your wife know about this affaire?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #14,095 of 40,559
Obviously somebody fell in deep love :) does your wife know about this affaire?

hahah, she knows and she is the one who picked it up from the fedex boxit, not knowing my new love affair to be :)

got so many new stuff in last 2 months, hifiman HEX V2 , Cascade and LCD2C but legend x is the one that got crowned as my ultimate new love affair

I see you have the mojo, and other daps, what is your fav source with legend x, I have cowon plenue s but I way prefere mojo with legend x

I share with @Hawaiibadboy the same background of coming form car audio and I used the best Car dsp called Helix pro and had amazing 3 way speakers and know the importance of crossovers, it took me about 8 months to perfect the tuning of my car, and its all about using crossovers and tuning and that is why I appreciate legend x

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #14,096 of 40,559
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #14,097 of 40,559

Such a magical pairing of the Legend X with Thor Silver II 8 braid.

They give a similar bass punch with the Ares II but in a tighter fashion. More liquid vocals and more treble presence without harsh and sharpness. Better separation and a wider soundstage compared to Ares II. With the colour of the faceplate, I can feel that they are born to be a pair.

I've just pulled the trigger on Thor Silver II 8 braid for the LX. Simply couldn't resist. I couldn't.......it just happened.....again.
(btw... i ordered it with 2,5mm PSquared plug)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #14,098 of 40,559
I've just pulled the trigger on Thor Silver II 8 braid for the LX. Simply couldn't resist. I couldn't.......it just happened.....again.

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #14,099 of 40,559
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

But my wallet is ! My wallet is always !
The evil wins.....again and again....

giphy.gif

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #14,100 of 40,559

Users who are viewing this thread

Back