Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 7, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #14,041 of 40,359
hey everyone, so I saw here few posts about the cable that comes with legend x, mine is as well kinda strange on the right side, with the logo pointing out the earhook kinda flaps outwards instead of inwards

how much is that cable worth, it's not affecting sound but why such inconsistency in design, if its an expensive cable then I appreciate they send another one as most likely if i want to sell my legend x in the future people would look at this flaw

do u think directing hot air from a hair dryer can fix this issue

@Ethan Groover can you please advise

Would you mind sending photos? Based on your description, it sounds like the heatshrink was bent incorrectly. A hot air gun may be able to fix if, but I’d have to direct this one to @EffectAudio in case it may damage the cable in any way.

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #14,042 of 40,359
Would you mind sending photos? Based on your description, it sounds like the heatshrink was bent incorrectly. A hot air gun may be able to fix if, but I’d have to direct this one to @EffectAudio in case it may damage the cable in any way.
i will post pics when i get home, its a bummer as this will entail international shipping to USA if they need to fix it

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #14,043 of 40,359
Without wishing to blow my own trumpet excessively, I recently reviewed the Unique Melody Mason, which is a 16 BA IEM.
I thought it was possibly the finest IEM I've yet heard.
I just found out a minute ago that my review is on the front page of Head-Fi, yay :D
But here's a link if you can't be bothered searching around lol:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/unique-melody-mason-v3.22880/reviews#review-20405
It's expensive, but it does musical with detail and clarity superbly well :)
Nice review beautiful iems and I have searched around a lot but those at $2600 are out of my price range. Looking below $1500 on new or used iems

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #14,044 of 40,359
Nice review beautiful iems and I have searched around a lot but those at $2600 are out of my price range. Looking below $1500 on new or used iems

Maybe you could buy the left one now and the right one later? :p

Thanks for the kind comments! Yes, they are eye-wateringly expensive. I can't afford them either, if it makes you feel any better :D
How do you feel about the EE Phantom?

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #14,047 of 40,359
Sure that is absolutely true. Unfortunately I chose to be an academic rather than a lawyer or a surgeon... :wink:
Does that mean you are....I can't bring myself to say it...a mid-tier head-fier...eeeeeeeewwwww

tenor.gif

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #14,048 of 40,359
Does that mean you are....I can't bring myself to say it...a mid-tier head-fier...eeeeeeeewwwww

Oh no... Just the realisation... yuck... I feel dirty... a peasant... I need a shower now!

I shall work hard to mend my ways!

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #14,050 of 40,359
Puuuurfect. And remember, if the kids can get new shoes, you probably aren't spending enough.
"Hey kids, I got great news! No more need for you guys to worry about what college you will go to!"

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #14,051 of 40,359
Sure that is absolutely true. Unfortunately I chose to be an academic rather than a lawyer or a surgeon... :wink:

or a dog dealer :dt880smile:

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #14,053 of 40,359

Same issue for me, so I tracked down a Mason II from Japan which I am extremely happy with. And, they take a "normal" two-pin cable which was a huge selling point.

Since this is an EE thread, though...still loving my Legend X!

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back