Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 2, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #13,951 of 40,577
Alright, we are back in action!

Big shout out to EE and @Ethan Groover for their stellar service and support.

Awesome! Can't wait for more impressions of the Bravado. It's one of the best sub-$1000 IEMs I've heard yet and more love is always welcome. :D

Also add my shoutout for @Ethan Groover for great customer service. Last week, I ended up stuck in Atlanta curtesy of Delta and the weather. At last minute I reached out to him to see if I could stop by their office and listen to their new line-up. Without hesitation he made arrangements for me to sample the products. He made some suggestions based on what I told him I preferred. I got to listen to the Phantom, LX, Vantage, Bravados and the EVRs I believe. I wasn't looking for a TOTL, so I was focused on something more on their lower budget. However, my two favorites were the Vantage and the Bravados. I'm still debating on which one to go, but I'd agree w/ @Deezel177 that the Bravados are probably among the best sub $1,000 IEMs I've heard as well. I felt that the Bravados took things a step forward and were a little more balanced, but overall I could be happy with either. They took my impressions and I'm really debating if I should go up to the Vantage. The LX felt a little too bass heavy for my taste, but Ethan did say that they had only been burned for about 70hrs. Overall, I left impressed with their new line-up and dedication they have for their products.

Jun 2, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #13,952 of 40,577
That's why I posted the photos to help anyone that wasn't aware of label and groove, with EA they generally are label and groove out.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #13,953 of 40,577
Also add my shoutout for @Ethan Groover for great customer service. Last week, I ended up stuck in Atlanta curtesy of Delta and the weather. At last minute I reached out to him to see if I could stop by their office and listen to their new line-up. Without hesitation he made arrangements for me to sample the products. He made some suggestions based on what I told him I preferred. I got to listen to the Phantom, LX, Vantage, Bravados and the EVRs I believe. I wasn't looking for a TOTL, so I was focused on something more on their lower budget. However, my two favorites were the Vantage and the Bravados. I'm still debating on which one to go, but I'd agree w/ @Deezel177 that the Bravados are probably among the best sub $1,000 IEMs I've heard as well. I felt that the Bravados took things a step forward and were a little more balanced, but overall I could be happy with either. They took my impressions and I'm really debating if I should go up to the Vantage. The LX felt a little too bass heavy for my taste, but Ethan did say that they had only been burned for about 70hrs. Overall, I left impressed with their new line-up and dedication they have for their products.

Go Bravado :wink: My discerning local dealer only brought in the Legend X, Bravado and Phantoms and he’s been buying from EE years before they were EE.

Jun 2, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #13,954 of 40,577
After owning the legend x I tired so many tips

Here is my ranking best ones

1- spinfit double flange the red ones- gives best presence of mids with best bass and soundstage and details
2- spinfit double flange the black ones
3- final audio small size- mids sound bit lacking compared to the above
4- comply foam tips- ok nothing more

Worst tips I tried

1- jvc spiral dots - very bad the worst xperience
2- mandarin tips
3- regular spinfit

Tips that don’t work as they do not stay on the nozzle
1- Sony new model tips that are like foam
2- Sony hybrid tips

I'd like to try the spinfits double flange. Where in Europe can i get them? :D can't find a dealer... am i blind?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #13,957 of 40,577
Wh

I'd like to try the spinfits double flange. Where in Europe can i get them? :D can't find a dealer... am i blind?
for such an expensive iem I really think having alot of different types of tips is great, as to me comparing final tips to spinfit I can solemnly say the spinfit are a big upgrade in sound

what is interesting in this hobby is that every iem shape design makes tips preference change from one iem to another, so for example I never liked spinfit double flange on other iems, but with legend x its simply the best sound you can squeeze out from LX

Jun 2, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #13,958 of 40,577
What cables are you Legend X owners loving at the moment...not that there is anything wrong with Ares 2

i love the Leonidas. and now after 70 h cable burn in the Lionheart sounds quite nice with the LX as well. but i still prefer Leo. I think i'll give the 8 wire Thor Silver ll a go :) @PinkyPowers just made me curious...

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #13,959 of 40,577
without suggesting you to spend (a lot) more:-

1) if the dap has switchable gain, opt for the lowest gain poss; you could even try going SE, sometimes going BAL is too much of a good thing;

2) revert back to the stock cable to determine if its part of the signature that you have an issue with.

3) narrow bore tips like the final E or triple flange tips from mee audio, note that esp with the latter, spaciousness would be affected;

4) i realise that you are already using a copper cable, but the reasonably priced Han Sound Zen or PW #5, both of which i own(ed) and are almost "anti-sibilant" in their tuning.

good luck
Ah those are great tips, thanks! At minimum will try the Final Es and #1 and 2 I've tried already (unfortunately using DX200/4S so no SE output). For #4, is there a US based distributor of the PW #5?

Jun 2, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #13,960 of 40,577
I ordered a Horus around with the legend x hmm

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #13,961 of 40,577
was dicking around with tips... for the unicorns like myself that found the bass of the hybrid too north of neutral, get the shure wide bore open cell orange foamies stat! you retain the gorgeous DD bass detail and extension but with a little less quantity and added bonuses:

- more open soundstage while maintaining its mids and treble tonality
- bye bye driver flex!

sole caveat being it doesnt isolate as well for obvious reasons...

think going from M20 to M15 with Adel/Apex modules.

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #13,964 of 40,577
I removed the post for redundancy...I posted it elsewhere

Attachments

• 20180603_071247.jpg
    20180603_071247.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back